Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    I don't want either. These stupid big money contracts to dudes on the wrong side of 30 are what burn us.

Josh Hamilton cannot stay healthy. You want this guy on a 4 -5 year deal? If he can't stay on the field at 27, what is he going to be like @ 34?
    Didn't he have a freak accident last year when he slid into ann infielder ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    Didn't he have a freak accident last year when he slid into ann infielder ?
    He's been injured for some period of time the last 4 seasons. And he's 31. And a former drug addict, which can't be good for your body. Do you think this guy is likely to stay healthy?

vCash
    He's been injured for some period of time the last 4 seasons. And he's 31. And a former drug addict, which can't be good for your body. Do you think this guy is likely to stay healthy?
    Last year, he had a freak accident. He didn't pull anything. The guy is an insane offensive player.

vCash
    Last year, he had a freak accident. He didn't pull anything. The guy is an insane offensive player.
    Who is 31. And has a history of drug abuse. And who hasn't played a full season since 2008.

vCash
    Who is 31. And has a history of drug abuse. And who hasn't played a full season since 2008.
    And how you know he's gonna continue to get injured ? Yea, He's 31, Jeter and A-Rod are 37 and 39. And Cano is 30. And Tex is 31.

vCash
    And how you know he's gonna continue to get injured ? Yea, He's 31, Jeter and A-Rod are 37 and 39. And Cano is 30. And Tex is 31.
    He's missed time every season for the last 4 seasons. AND he's a former junkie.....

vCash
    Right and we are crying about Jeter's deal, Arod's deal, Teix deal and we will have to figure out what to do with Cano. Another monster deal is a dumb move.. Let Hamilton become an albatross contract for another team..

vCash
    LOL.. I guess no contract can make anyone happy anymore. Smh.

vCash
    LOL.. I guess no contract can make anyone happy anymore. Smh.
    There's plenty of contracts I'd love. I'm just sick of overpaying for dudes for are on the wrong side of 30 and we will be paying as they decline. Josh Hamilton is almost guaranteed to be a contract some team regrets 3 years from now. Why make the same mistake we've made with Arod, Tex, Giambi, etc?

vCash
    what have the yankees gained from overspending and getting the top talent available? 1 championship. time for a change

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    what have the yankees gained from overspending and getting the top talent available? 1 championship. time for a change
    And ? That championship wasn't in 2001.

vCash
    and you are settign yourself up for future failure

you will have an infield of againg players locked that cant be traded and an OF and ace, you wont be able to make trades cause you will likely need to fill the rest of the team with mediocrity, there will be a rush to produce so whats left of the minor leaguers will either be traded for more band aids or their development be messed up, they wont have the money to draft so there wont be future international free agents like cano, nova or any amatuer top talent, we wont be allowed to spend i nthe draft

we will continue to see the same team we see now because we will continue to add payroll and unmovable players

that does not bode well for success, so then we will have to read whinny people make threads down the road on how the yankees are being cheap

vCash
    Everything above is ON POINT.. And frankly I'd rather read those whiny threads knowing the Yankees are doing the right thing. Bringing down the payroll to avoid heavy taxing and not signing stupid contracts.

vCash
    I want josh for pure entertainment. But anything over a 4 year deal is silly.

Business wise, he would provide plenty of revenue upside and that's really all that matters to the yanks.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I want josh for pure entertainment. But anything over a 4 year deal is silly.

Business wise, he would provide plenty of revenue upside and that's really all that matters to the yanks.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought things like Jersey sales were subject to revenue sharing. So I'm not really sure how much income he'd bring in. My assumption has always been that the marketability of the team far outweighs that of any individual players. And I'm not sure Josh Hamilton really adds that much to NY.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast