Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Wish him the best . My guess is we use romine man trading our future catcher for pineda looks even worse , btw will pineda be ready for spring training
    New York State of Mind

vCash
    Don't understand this move at all, who cares if the guy hit .211 he could handle a staff, in NY none the less.

vCash
    If they let him go than they must have somebody in mind that's better.

vCash
    According to mlbtr, Yankees told Martin they don't have the money available to match pittsburghs offer

vCash
    I like the idea of Sanchez getting a shot.

What is with the argument some are making that he doesnt know how to frame a pitch? You mean he cant slide his glove an inch or two up or down, left or right after he catches the ball? Is he a retard or something? Kids in little league frame pitches for goodness sake. As far as blocking pitches in the dirt, yes there is technique but at 19 he should be as physically mobile and adgile as he ever will be. Was he just given a ball glove last Christmas or has played some ball? As for calling pitches...that can be done from the dugout. You have Tony Pena and Joe Girardi in there who both know a thing or two about catching and calling games.
    If he were to come up he might not be Johnny Bench in year one or two but he wont be worse the Jorge in year one or two.
    I totally agree with leo...lets see if he can play...see the ball and catch it....see the ball and hit it....I am willing to bet also he wont hit worse than .211

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    According to mlbtr, Yankees told Martin they don't have the money available to match pittsburghs offer
    Or, they're giving him that much money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianYankee View Post
    I like the idea of Sanchez getting a shot.

What is with the argument some are making that he doesnt know how to frame a pitch? You mean he cant slide his glove an inch or two up or down, left or right after he catches the ball? Is he a retard or something? Kids in little league frame pitches for goodness sake. As far as blocking pitches in the dirt, yes there is technique but at 19 he should be as physically mobile and adgile as he ever will be. Was he just given a ball glove last Christmas or has played some ball? As for calling pitches...that can be done from the dugout. You have Tony Pena and Joe Girardi in there who both know a thing or two about catching and calling games.
    If he were to come up he might not be Johnny Bench in year one or two but he wont be worse the Jorge in year one or two.
    I totally agree with leo...lets see if he can play...see the ball and catch it....see the ball and hit it....I am willing to bet also he wont hit worse than .211

I agree we do have two former catchers in the dugout Pena & Giradi. Let them call the game to Sanchez learns. If Sanchez is good he could learn as you go. Expiernce is the best way to learn not babying them to there no good just like the yankees always seem to do.

I don't know how we Manage Bernie, Jete, Posoda, Andy and Mo. Without them ruining them. They almost traded Mo becuase they thought Jeter wasn't ready.

vCash
    Sanchez is in A-Ball..

vCash
    I am mixed about the Martin signing with the Pirates. Can't blame him though, he took what was probably the best offer he would have gotten anyways. Give credit to our management for holding the line on multi-yr deals...

We could probably make a trade or perhaps entice another catcher to nice sized 1-yr deal but right now its not clear. Have faith in cash to get it done though.
    GO YANKEES!!!!!

vCash
    Lets just give Romine a shot before Sanchez. There are a lot more nuances to catching than there are for other positions. People look at guys like Trout, Harper, etc.. and want to rush the kids but both Trout and Harper had success at the upper levels in minor league ball.

Sanchez is known for immaturity issues in the past and being a bit of a headcase. You don't want him to get of to a poor start and hurt his confidence. Fernando Martinez (highly touted OF in the Mets organization) is an example. He was rushed to the majors and has been a bust so far. I don't even think he's in the Mets organization. Plus Sanchez still has holes in his swing. ML level pitchers are gonna off-speed him to death.

I think the best idea is for them to keep Sanchez in the minors for at least one more season. Let him get some reps in Hi-A/AA (AA at the very least) before we move him up.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Let the young guys have it....Romine, Cervelli

vCash
    Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) tweeted at 8:08 AM on Fri, Nov 30, 2012:

Cashman says that right field is more of a priority than catching. Yankees starting catcher may be on this team already, he says.

vCash
    If truth be told Chris Stewart wasn't much of a defensive downgrade from Martin and other than power numbers, he hit better than him in clutch situations, singling, moving runners, etc. Then, there's the fact that Eli Whiteside was just signed as insurance in case the Yankees couldn't sign Martin. Then there is Romine, who should get a shot to be the back up to Stewart. Then there is Cervelli. Sanchez should play the full season at AAA and work on his skills and then come up full-time next year.

vCash
    Sanchez is not MLB ready at the moment. Romine is the most likely candidate to get a shot at catching from within our farm system.

| .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) tweeted at 8:08 AM on Fri, Nov 30, 2012:

Cashman says that right field is more of a priority than catching. Yankees starting catcher may be on this team already, he says.
    It's totally gonna be Jeter.

...in all seriousness though, wasn't Hank Conger supposed to be good? We all know how awesome Scioscia is at valuing garbage catchers over future studs. (Mathis over Napoli.) Just a thought.

I'd probably rather give Montero a sh....*covers mic* we did what? WHEN?!

um...who cares? There's a dearth at the catching position these days. Give AJ a 1 year deal or give Sanchez a shot. Screw it.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast