Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 290
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,315
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    i don't see how it would ruin his development. You are putting him with a group of allstars that would easily help this kid out. It would help develop him in my opinion
    He needs to learn how to frame pitches, call games. Amongst other things.

    Catching is one of if not the hardest position in baseball.

    It takes time.

    Yes some kids come up at 19. But how many of them are catchers?

    I can think of Two superstar outfielders..

    Harper, Trout.

    That's about it.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36
    vCash
    1500
    I think after hearing this the yanks had no intention of signing martin, remember he hit below 200 for most of the season. They should make a trade and get Brian McCann from the braves

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    8,371
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    He needs to learn how to frame pitches, call games. Amongst other things.

    Catching is one of if not the hardest position in baseball.

    It takes time.

    Yes some kids come up at 19. But how many of them are catchers?

    I can think of Two superstar outfielders..

    Harper, Trout.

    That's about it.
    Give him a shot at spring training, see how he does, and if the Yankees feel he is ready (or close enough) let him have the job. You can't predict how Sanchez will do any more than I can; he might turn out a star, average, or a bust, but at least there's potential for him to be good unlike the other crap at our catcher position.
    Thanks Donnie Baseball, B dAwK 20, and Poncho_707!!!

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,525
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    He needs to learn how to frame pitches, call games. Amongst other things.

    Catching is one of if not the hardest position in baseball.

    It takes time.

    Yes some kids come up at 19. But how many of them are catchers?

    I can think of Two superstar outfielders..

    Harper, Trout.

    That's about it.
    guys i can think of that fit this discussion are Jeter,Cano,Pedroia,Machado. Those off the top of my head fit. Jeter didn't spend anytime in the minors. Pedroia spent a year before getting a starting job. Both Cano and Machado spent half a year in double a then were given starting jobs. All i am saying is don't write off this kid give him a chance it can't hurt

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,315
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    guys i can think of that fit this discussion are Jeter,Cano,Pedroia,Machado. Those off the top of my head fit. Jeter didn't spend anytime in the minors. Pedroia spent a year before getting a starting job. Both Cano and Machado spent half a year in double a then were given starting jobs. All i am saying is don't write off this kid give him a chance it can't hurt
    I'm talking about catching.

    Not SS, 2B, 3B.

    Catching is almost an art.

    You need to be taught the proper way to block behind the plate, frame pitches. Handle a pitching staff. Go over teams hitters to know what to call. It's all taught in the minors.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 11-29-2012 at 10:49 PM.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,525
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    I'm talking about catching.

    Not SS, 2B, 3B.

    Catching is almost an art.

    You need to be taught the proper way to block behind the plate, frame pitches. Handle a pitching staff. Go over teams hitters to know what to call. It's all taught in the minors.
    when it comes to that i am not worried at all. I would assume the Yankees would sign a veteran to back up Sanchez. Plus you have a manager who played catcher so he could always help him out. I wouldn't be worried at all

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,315
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    guys i can think of that fit this discussion are Jeter,Cano,Pedroia,Machado. Those off the top of my head fit. Jeter didn't spend anytime in the minors. Pedroia spent a year before getting a starting job. Both Cano and Machado spent half a year in double a then were given starting jobs. All i am saying is don't write off this kid give him a chance it can't hurt
    You know Jeter played a few years in the minors including a full year in AAA before being called up right? I believe 4 years

    Posada the same, he didn't become a full time catcher until he was 26 in 1998. He spent 1990-1995 in the minors and didn't see full playing time for 3 years in the majors.

    Cano was signed in 2001..didn't come up to the bigs until 2005. Again, 4 years in the minors.

    So you can leave out Jeter and Cano.

    I bring up Posada because he was a catcher.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 11-29-2012 at 10:58 PM.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,256
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    guys i can think of that fit this discussion are Jeter,Cano,Pedroia,Machado. Those off the top of my head fit. Jeter didn't spend anytime in the minors. Pedroia spent a year before getting a starting job. Both Cano and Machado spent half a year in double a then were given starting jobs. All i am saying is don't write off this kid give him a chance it can't hurt
    Just because they got starting jobs quickly doesn't mean they were good. Pedroia, if I remember correctly, struggled badly for a while before he figured it out.

    Besides, he was asking about catchers. Takes time for them. Maybe if we get a veteran stopgap-type guy, and play a kid here and there, fine. But just handing over the job, and the pitching staff to a rookie, not really a good idea..

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,525
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    You know Jeter played a few years in the minors including a full year in AAA before being called up right?

    Posada the same, he didn't become a full time catcher until he was 26 in 1998. He spent 1990-1995 in the minors and didn't see full playing time for 3 years in the majors.

    Cano was signed in 2001..didn't come up to the bigs until 2005. Again, 4 years in the minors.
    ohh my bad i always thought Cano was signed in 04. Still i think Sanchez could still be good as a starting catcher for the Yankees this year.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,525
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Just because they got starting jobs quickly doesn't mean they were good. Pedroia, if I remember correctly, struggled badly for a while before he figured it out.

    Besides, he was asking about catchers. Takes time for them. Maybe if we get a veteran stopgap-type guy, and play a kid here and there, fine. But just handing over the job, and the pitching staff to a rookie, not really a good idea..
    well if this were to happen i would assume a veteran would be signed to help him along

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,315
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    ohh my bad i always thought Cano was signed in 04. Still i think Sanchez could still be good as a starting catcher for the Yankees this year.
    Sanchez was drafted in 2010. Give him another year or two.

    He never played above A ball.

    He has 1 actual year in Minor League Baseball. "Service time"

    http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=sanche001gar

    He will start in AA ball this year, and if he shows good progression could see AAA and he very well could be in the yankees plans for 2014.

    As far as cano

    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...canoro01.shtml
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 11-29-2012 at 11:01 PM.

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    bronx newyork
    Posts
    4,659
    vCash
    1500
    bye bye russel alot of one year deals we might have to make a trade for a c
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    835
    vCash
    1500
    Romine :S I hope for AJ Pier now

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,600
    vCash
    1500
    This is such good news. Please let Swisher walk and trade A-Rod along with Granderson.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,612
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    We have a full time DH rotation. Of A-rod, Jeter.

    What if Jeter doesn't come back strong enough to play SS and Nunez is our short stop and Jeter becomes a full time DH?

    Now you have a 15 million dollar catcher who catches half your games.
    If Jeter us our DH we have offense problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    I hate Martin. I'm pumped.
    That doesn't sound like you. But I am pumped too.

    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Michael Pineda for Jesus Montero...calling it now.
    Oh. My. Not sure how I would feel but that's an awesome call, if true.

    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    He will last 20 games and bat .100
    I think he'd play 120 and hit .240 and I'd happily take that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    He's smart. I'm sure he can make the transition easily.
    Oldschool!

    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Don't we have cervelli. Romine. Eli. Stewart?

    Give em 40 games each. They gonna hit worse than .211???????
    Nope.

    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Honestly I've been all over the give kids time bandwagon and let them develop. The whole do the smart thing. Who cares anymore. 95% of the actual prospects on this team have two things happen to them when they reach AAA or get close. They get traded or they get injured/suddenly forget how to play baseball.

    Off the top of my head - Tabata, Montero, Jackson, Brackman, Banuelos, Betances...all are gone, injured or suck.

    Problem is the Yankees will go as long as they can finding some 40 year old on 1 year deals before they throw a prospect out there.
    Here, here.

    Quote Originally Posted by nybigjg View Post
    I'll willing to bet Sanchez can at least bat .211 next year.
    Indeed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Dunn View Post
    other teams bring up 19 year old kids to play outfield, not to get behind the plate and handle a pitching staff that's led by 3 salty vets. let's talk about how tyler austin should be in the bigs next year.
    Who better to teach a rook catcher than 3 salty vets....and a manager who was a defensive catcher.

    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Sanchez was drafted in 2010. Give him another year or two.

    He never played above A ball.

    He has 1 actual year in Minor League Baseball. "Service time"

    http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=sanche001gar

    He will start in AA ball this year, and if he shows good progression could see AAA and he very well could be in the yankees plans for 2014.

    As far as cano

    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...canoro01.shtml
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

    [Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •