Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Niiice!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    You're an Angels fan too!?
    I sure hope so! One more elite starting pitcher and this team is golden
    Big time! When I was a kid, we always heard the Dodgers on the radio via KFI, so I will forever associate baseball with Vin Scully's voice. I was also a big fan of the Dodgers back in the Fernando Valenzuela days. Steve Garvey, too. Back then, I don't recall there being this huge rivalry between the two teams. Either that, or I was just too little to know about it or too clueless. *laughing* 'Cause even as much as I loved the Dodgers, I also loved the Angels because my family all lived nearer to the Angels, and the Angels had all that Gene Autry swag; we passed Angel Stadium constantly to visit each other, so it felt like home.

My very first MLB game was Angels vs. Orioles (1979) for a trip to the playoffs and the Big Game. As you may know, that didn't go too well. I was at Game 3. Bobby Grich, Rod Carew and Don Baylor were on that team. The Angels lost 4-3 that day but it was and still is, one of the happiest days of my entire life.

Not only that, as you probably well know... Adam Kennedy went to North, and his Dad was actually one of my teachers. So even tho' I don't hate the Dodgers by ANY stretch of the imagination, the Angels are my TEAM. LIGHT UP THE HALO!!!!!
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    I'll be broke for a while after this vacay lmao but thank you! Just bought some kick *** raiders gloves for my costume
    Those Nike ones that you hold up your hands and it makes the
    shield??? Those are so frickin' cool.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    Big time! When I was a kid, we always heard the Dodgers on the radio via KFI, so I will forever associate baseball with Vin Scully's voice. I was also a big fan of the Dodgers back in the Fernando Valenzuela days. Steve Garvey, too. Back then, I don't recall there being this huge rivalry between the two teams. Either that, or I was just too little to know about it or too clueless. *laughing* 'Cause even as much as I loved the Dodgers, I also loved the Angels because my family all lived nearer to the Angels, and the Angels had all that Gene Autry swag; we passed Angel Stadium constantly to visit each other, so it felt like home.

My very first MLB game was Angels vs. Orioles (1979) for a trip to the playoffs and the Big Game. As you may know, that didn't go too well. I was at Game 3. Bobby Grich, Rod Carew and Don Baylor were on that team. The Angels lost 4-3 that day but it was and still is, one of the happiest days of my entire life.

Not only that, as you probably well know... Adam Kennedy went to North, and his Dad was actually one of my teachers. So even tho' I don't hate the Dodgers by ANY stretch of the imagination, the Angels are my TEAM. LIGHT UP THE HALO!!!!!
    Nice! And yes, Kennedy is a Riverside guy

I pretty much hate the Dodgers. Just like I hate the Chargers. It's a So Cal thing and their fans don't help. (Most of them)

vCash
    It's so weird being in a city where everyone walks everywhere. If you're in Tulsa and you're walking places, it means you're either homeless, a drug dealer or mooch off people
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK:24715963
    I'll be broke for a while after this vacay lmao but thank you! Just bought some kick *** raiders gloves for my costume
    Those Nike ones that you hold up your hands and it makes the
    shield??? Those are so frickin' cool.
    Oh no, those are $100-$125. >< way to expensive lol mine are just regular gloves
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    It's so weird being in a city where everyone walks everywhere. If you're in Tulsa and you're walking places, it means you're either homeless, a drug dealer or mooch off people

vCash
    Nice! And yes, Kennedy is a Riverside guy

I pretty much hate the Dodgers. Just like I hate the Chargers. It's a So Cal thing and their fans don't help. (Most of them)
    Now the Chargers/SD hate thing I get. That is truly a SoCal thing.

But I don't think the animosity between Dodgers fans and Angels fans was always there. I really don't. I don't know when all that started, but I don't recall hearing ANY of the sniping and bad blood between fans about the Dodgers and Angels back then, because frankly, most people I knew, followed both teams. It has BECOME a "SoCal thing" for sure, but I don't think Dodgers vs. Angels hatred was *ALWAYS* there like it is now. I think the whole "LA Angels of Anaheim" deal surely made it worse-- I myself think that's pretty stupid, and will probably forever think of them as either "The California Angels" or "The Anaheim Angels".

It's funny though, even all these years later of being away from California, I *still* hate San Diego. To the point where, I got to meet Kyle Turley at one point when I lived in New Orleans, and I was happy to hear he was from Moreno Valley. We were talking and I said, "Where did you go to school?" He said, "San Diego State" and I said, "Oh". You know, like a COLD AND ICY "OH". Ha ha ha.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    http://youtu.be/R_UpLtGEWoY

It's like that here in Kentucky, too. Last week I had to walk to get my car from an auto repair shop. People were seriously throwing me looks like I was some kind of pariah. All I was doing was WALKING!!! Why do they freakin' make sidewalks in these places, if they're so freaked out by people walking?!? *laughing*

Uhhhh... I just realized I quoted the wrong post. Oh well. SLOW CHILDREN AT PLAY. : P
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Now the Chargers/SD hate thing I get. That is truly a SoCal thing.

But I don't think the animosity between Dodgers fans and Angels fans was always there. I really don't. I don't know when all that started, but I don't recall hearing ANY of the sniping and bad blood between fans about the Dodgers and Angels back then, because frankly, most people I knew, followed both teams. It has BECOME a "SoCal thing" for sure, but I don't think Dodgers vs. Angels hatred was *ALWAYS* there like it is now. I think the whole "LA Angels of Anaheim" deal surely made it worse-- I myself think that's pretty stupid, and will probably forever think of them as either "The California Angels" or "The Anaheim Angels".

It's funny though, even all these years later of being away from California, I *still* hate San Diego. To the point where, I got to meet Kyle Turley at one point when I lived in New Orleans, and I was happy to hear he was from Moreno Valley. We were talking and I said, "Where did you go to school?" He said, "San Diego State" and I said, "Oh". You know, like a COLD AND ICY "OH". Ha ha ha.
    Nope, it hasn't always been there. The Dodgers and their were used to winning all the time. Then they started to suck and the Angels started to win, spend more and take over the spot light. Dodger fans suddenly felt the need to talk **** to every Angels fan they saw for comfort I'm guessing, and I can't stand that. As soon as things get really competitive, rivalries arise and that' exactly what's happened.

After being overshadowed by the Pujols/Wilson signings last year, the Dodgers tried to retake the spotlight and reclaim So Cal, but Arte Moreno isn't someone who's scared to open up his checkbook and counter punch. The rivalry will be at an all-time high this year.

Oh and as for the SD thing, don't get me wrong. I detest the Chargers, but I love the city of San Diego. The night life is awesome, the girls are gorgeous and the beaches are pretty cool. OC, SD and LA is where the fun's at. The IE is where the cool, down to earth people are. But we hold it down, too. We're no punks.

vCash
    Yes, I think you're absolutely right about how that rivalry really got going-- because back in the Valenzuela years, Dodgers were like... yeah, they were the big winning team and Angels were almost like a local Anaheim team. So it WAS almost like a "no competition" type thing.

But I could see how the jealousy could get rolling once "little brother" started winning and become a force all its own. And of course the JOKE of ALL that mentality, is that the Angels are the ORIGINAL LA team... and had been in SoCal for MUCH longer than the Dodgers. But hey. People don't generally like to be confused by the facts.

San Diego is a beautiful city, but my SD hatred was so deep, I really didn't much enjoy being there. I'd go surfing down there sometimes, but back then, SD was what Newport Beach became. It was just really rich uptight people, and so a kid from R'side in a little beat up car with a surfboard on top was treated like **** in SD. If you weren't wearing a polo and topsiders, you were just scum. If SD has loosened up a bit, that's all the better, cause as you say, the city itself... the land, the beaches, are wonderful. But you know what? Honestly? I'll take San Juan Capistrano over SD all day long for beauty. San Clemente too.
    I keep saying I like SD, but then I realize, you know what? No I don't. *laughing and laughing*

I made a horrid mistake recently here in Kentucky. I have this Angels Pujols t-shirt. You know, Angels across the front, Pujols name and # on the back. When I wore it in New Orleans, no one cared. But I forgot how close we are to St. Louis here, and how many Cards fans there are in Western Kentucky. OOOPS. I'm in Lowe's, looking for a bolt in the hardware section, and I hear this "hissss". I look over and this guy is GLARING AT ME. He says, "HOW CAN YOU BE WEARING THAT SHIRT." Eeek! I stammered that I was born in Cali to a Kentucky family, and I like the Cards too, but really love Pujols and was thrilled when he came to Cali and I'm sorry he broke their hearts. He relaxed a little then, realizing I wasn't just doing it to be a dirtbag and in people's faces here. But wow. That was a hair-raising moment!
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Yes, I think you're absolutely right about how that rivalry really got going-- because back in the Valenzuela years, Dodgers were like... yeah, they were the big winning team and Angels were almost like a local Anaheim team. So it WAS almost like a "no competition" type thing.

But I could see how the jealousy could get rolling once "little brother" started winning and become a force all its own. And of course the JOKE of ALL that mentality, is that the Angels are the ORIGINAL LA team... and had been in SoCal for MUCH longer than the Dodgers. But hey. People don't generally like to be confused by the facts.

San Diego is a beautiful city, but my SD hatred was so deep, I really didn't much enjoy being there. I'd go surfing down there sometimes, but back then, SD was what Newport Beach became. It was just really rich uptight people, and so a kid from R'side in a little beat up car with a surfboard on top was treated like **** in SD. If you weren't wearing a polo and topsiders, you were just scum. If SD has loosened up a bit, that's all the better, cause as you say, the city itself... the land, the beaches, are wonderful. But you know what? Honestly? I'll take San Juan Capistrano over SD all day long for beauty. San Clemente too.
    I keep saying I like SD, but then I realize, you know what? No I don't. *laughing and laughing*

I made a horrid mistake recently here in Kentucky. I have this Angels Pujols t-shirt. You know, Angels across the front, Pujols name and # on the back. When I wore it in New Orleans, no one cared. But I forgot how close we are to St. Louis here, and how many Cards fans there are in Western Kentucky. OOOPS. I'm in Lowe's, looking for a bolt in the hardware section, and I hear this "hissss". I look over and this guy is GLARING AT ME. He says, "HOW CAN YOU BE WEARING THAT SHIRT." Eeek! I stammered that I was born in Cali to a Kentucky family, and I like the Cards too, but really love Pujols and was thrilled when he came to Cali and I'm sorry he broke their hearts. He relaxed a little then, realizing I wasn't just doing it to be a dirtbag and in people's faces here. But wow. That was a hair-raising moment!
    Yup! Little brother started kicking ***! lol

I understand the whole greater than thou mentality a lot of SD people have. It's still there, not as bad, but it's there. However, it has spread to OC and the rich parts of LA as well. I just ignore them, really. And I usually find the guys to be the most cocky and obnoxious. I avoid guys and talk to girls in SD and they're mostly awesome people. Fun people to party with

That's awesome! I would have laughed my *** off. I would never have apologized to him though. I can't wait to go to Texas for my friend's Air Force graduation and piss Ranger fans off with an Angels' Hamilton jersey

I hate the Rangers with a passion as well

vCash
    That's awesome! I would have laughed my *** off. I would never have apologized to him though. I can't wait to go to Texas for my friend's Air Force graduation and piss Ranger fans off with an Angels' Hamilton jersey

I hate the Rangers with a passion as well
    Interestingly, I got no joy from pissing a Cards fan off... but pissing a Rangers fan off? ANY DAY.

This is hilarious, but one reason I have a li'l love for the Cards is because again, Adam Kennedy played for 'em, (let's just not talk about the whole playing for the Dodgers thing now, shall we?) and also, the world series they won before this last one, who did they knock out to go to the world series? THE SAN DIEGO PADRES.

The hatred, it runs so deep...
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    I don't dislike the Cards at all. But if someone didn't respect me enough to just go on with their day without making a comment about something I was wearing then I don't care if they get butthurt because their favorite player abandoned their favorite team for mine

You really do hate SD

vCash
    You really do hate SD
    Ah! I was able to dig up ONE good memory about San Diego.

Oct. 6th, 1979 San Diego Sports Arena: VAN HALEN
    "WORLD VACATION TOUR".

I was a sophomore in HS. None of my friends would go with
    me, because I wanted to get a gooooood ticket. I got 2nd
    row, center for $50.00, which seemed like a fortune back then.
    Regular seats to a show like that were around $14.00.

And so, I drove myself all the way down to the show in San Diego,
    went to the show by myself, and had a great time;
    alas, my dream of David Lee Roth spotting me and marrying
    me immediately were dashed.

So that's it. One good memory from San Diego. ATOMIC PUNK!
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast