Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 1001
  1. #376
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Redneckistan
    Posts
    982
    vCash
    1500
    Oh wow! They really DID mention the "C" on Box Springs!
    Honestly, I never knew all that history of Mt. Rubidoux. Thanks
    for posting that link! I guess once they get that cross down,
    they can work on getting that big Jesus down over Rio de Janero.
    *shrug* I understand both sides. Unless I need to vote on it,
    I leave it to better and brighter minds than my own to sort it
    out by discussion and debate. I thought that guy's back tatt
    was pretty sweet. 'Dude in the blue plaid pants apparently
    still thinks it's the 80s. Ha ha ha. Or is that in fashion again???
    That whole "I spent my paycheck at Razzamatazz" look? Hee hee!

  2. #377
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Redneckistan
    Posts
    982
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    1. Alice in Chains
    2. Nirvana
    3. Any other 90s band lol
    None of those 90s bands would even be around if
    it wasn't for 80s bands. Kurt himself always cited
    Scratch Acid and The Raincoats as huge influences.
    Both 80s bands.

    At various times, Alice members cited The Cult, Pixies,
    Ramones and even van Halen as influences. Again, 80s.

    I'm not saying this in an effort to make you like the 80s.
    That would be stupid of me. You can and will like or not
    like whatever you want on earth. But I think it enhances
    the appreciation and enjoyment of art, music, architecture,
    fasion, food, etc., when we know the context they existed
    in, and came out of. I absolutely can see why you love
    those bands. But I'd bet all the money in the world, that
    in your lifetime, you will run across music that makes your
    chin hit the floor with delight. And you will find out to
    your amazement that it was made in 1967, or 1975, or
    yes, even 1983. Here's to that journey. It's an awe-
    some one, and the only reason I'd ever want to go back
    in time, is so I could fall in love with the world
    all over again. It's been quite an adventure. I'm basically
    just wishing that delight for you as well, rather than you dismissing
    whole decades because they're associated with some
    dumb sterotypes. Rock on, sister.

  3. #378
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    raider nation
    Posts
    2,177
    vCash
    1500
    True but Kurt also said his biggest influence was John Lennon. Just watched a documentary on nirvana.
    Don't like me?

    Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

  4. #379
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Inland Empire
    Posts
    17,157
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    Oh wow! They really DID mention the "C" on Box Springs!
    Honestly, I never knew all that history of Mt. Rubidoux. Thanks
    for posting that link! I guess once they get that cross down,
    they can work on getting that big Jesus down over Rio de Janero.
    *shrug* I understand both sides. Unless I need to vote on it,
    I leave it to better and brighter minds than my own to sort it
    out by discussion and debate. I thought that guy's back tatt
    was pretty sweet. 'Dude in the blue plaid pants apparently
    still thinks it's the 80s. Ha ha ha. Or is that in fashion again???
    That whole "I spent my paycheck at Razzamatazz" look? Hee hee!
    I won't go up to Mt. Rubidoux again if they take it down. Thankfully, all that has to happen is selling that tiny bit of land to a private party. Then it's private property and no one is allowed to take it down.

  5. #380
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    raider nation
    Posts
    2,177
    vCash
    1500
    It's really dead around here now the Gruden thread is closed
    Don't like me?

    Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

  6. #381
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Redneckistan
    Posts
    982
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    I won't go up to Mt. Rubidoux again if they take it down. Thankfully, all that has to happen is selling that tiny bit of land to a private party. Then it's private property and no one is allowed to take it down.
    I feel ya. It would feel very strange and awful to go up there and... no cross. Also, the internet doesn't have a "sarcasm font" but I was being completely sarcastic about removing Jesus from above Rio. I pity the poor fool who'd try to suggest it!

  7. #382
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Redneckistan
    Posts
    982
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    It's really dead around here now the Gruden thread is closed
    That link you gave me when I asked about game threads? OH MY.

  8. #383
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    raider nation
    Posts
    2,177
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    That link you gave me when I asked about game threads? OH MY.
    Told ya hahahaha
    Don't like me?

    Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

  9. #384
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Redneckistan
    Posts
    982
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    True but Kurt also said his biggest influence was John Lennon. Just watched a documentary on nirvana.
    And so... the 60s gave us the Beatles and Black Sabbath and
    if it wasn't for THEM, there wouldn't have been the 70s bands
    that were the precursors for bands like Scratch Acid, the
    Raincoats, and etc., and it's all a wondrous thread of music
    going back in time. It's just freakin' beautiful, is what it is!

    I do think it's funny tho', I used to have those books of Kurt's notebooks. Man that dude sure hated him some metal! *laughing*
    I can see now why it pissed him off so much when redneck metalheads came to the show. He wanted to rage against everything metal was and seemed to stand for, and now, because history doesn't care what people want... Nirvana is considered by most people to be "grunge metal" and not "punk" at all. Poor Kurt. May he rest in peace.

  10. #385
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Redneckistan
    Posts
    982
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    Told ya hahahaha
    It made me think of this:
    http://youtu.be/rKaQzQAlNn4

  11. #386
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Inland Empire
    Posts
    17,157
    vCash
    1500
    Sorry guys I just came back from crying about the deal the Angels gave a horrible pitcher :cry:

  12. #387
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    raider nation
    Posts
    2,177
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    It made me think of this:
    http://youtu.be/rKaQzQAlNn4
    Don't like me?

    Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

  13. #388
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    raider nation
    Posts
    2,177
    vCash
    1500
    Some 19 year old kid on PSH asked me today what Raider Nation meant...

    Don't like me?

    Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

  14. #389
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Still1Ballin's basement
    Posts
    16,001
    vCash
    1500
    The only Nation.
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

  15. #390
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Inland Empire
    Posts
    17,157
    vCash
    1500
    My friend told me he was proud to be part of the Chargers Nation the other day. I gave him a dead arm and chest and told him never to repeat that again in his life

Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •