Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Question Taiwan Jones At CB?

Raiders RB Taiwan Jones says he'd be open to switching back to his college position of cornerback.
    Jones played both positions in college. "I've thought about it a lot," Jones said Friday. Jones is buried at No. 4 on the Raiders' running back depth chart, but has excelled as a gunner on special teams. Although the lightning-quick Jones believes he could hold his own at corner, the odds of a potential switch being successful are low. Of course, Jones' future at corner doesn't appear any more dismal than his future at running back. The 2011 fourth-round pick has just 22 carries in 21 career games.

Dennis Allen on the switch:

Raiders head coach Dennis Allen reiterated that he wants to get a look at his younger players down the stretch, namely QB Terrelle Pryor and RB Taiwan Jones.
    We've heard the Pryor talk for the past couple of weeks, but nothing has materialized in the two games in which he has been on the active game day roster. Opportunities have presented themselves with Oakland getting down big, but it hasn't happened. Allen stresses that he has a particular package of plays for Pryor lined up. Jones, on the other hand, suggested today that he'd be open to a switch to cornerback.
    Source: Steve Corkran on Twitter Dec 7 - 6:45 PM

I have always wondered why taiwan was a good tackler on punt returs.I don't see taiwan at cb tho. He appearntly played cb in college. Thoughts?

Link:
    http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/nfl/oak/?r=1

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    Huh... Wouldn't hurt at this point!
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    My summer intern who played with Jones at Eastern Washington University said defensive back was by far his best position, he was more valuable to the team at tailback, but was a great corner.

We are talking NCAA Division 1 FCS, not Pac-12 so take it for what its worth.

vCash
    I had no idea he played cb before. I mean, it wouldn't hurt. I'm not against it. I do want to see him get more carries along with Stewart though.

vCash
    Hell... if he can play the position, why not give him a chance... With his physical skillset, he undoubtably could be a great player at the position. Why not give him the chance to find a place on the team... it seems as if he isn't getting it as a RB.

Plus, if he does end up becoming a CB, he could be really good at returning interceptions and fumbles...

vCash
    I guess he was pretty good, he lobbied hard to play both ways, but as their [EWU] most valuable offensive weapon the head coach didn't want to risk him at DB.

Coach Allen knows DB's he has coached some of the best.

vCash
    Oakland seems to sign all the fragile players, I couldn`t imagine Jones being healthy on this part of the field either.

Lets Punt, get some football players minus the 27 projects at once.

vCash
    Right out of Billicheat's book.

Hey, never know.

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    At this point...try Carson at DB as well. LOL.

vCash
    if hes into playing the young guys, i have no idea why Pryor wont start the last 3 games. Having Carson in there wont do no good but have a chance of him getting injured. Just see what you got in pryor.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Well I doubt anyone could burn him deep

vCash
    we have no CB. why not?

"Killer Instinct"

vCash
    i say why not!! they question him at running back, he gets no love. try him out. i mean it cant hurt.. he's 6 foot has good size to play corner and great speed as well.. plus im sure he'd play hard and would bust his *** off.. the kids must want to be on the field if hes willing to switch positions..

vCash
    Dam Im for it but it sucks that he didnt get his chance at running back, but I just want to see Pryor perform in these last three games...Sucks the chiefs played the Panthers recently they will have an idea of the speed of Pryor kind a hoping to use that to advantage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGreenThumbz View Post
    Dam Im for it but it sucks that he didnt get his chance at running back, but I just want to see Pryor perform in these last three games...Sucks the chiefs played the Panthers recently they will have an idea of the speed of Pryor kind a hoping to use that to advantage.
    He didn't get a chance at RB because, put bluntly, he fumbles and gets injured.

He wants to play CB, or is at least open to it - I like that. I like that a lot.

He should be returning punts and kickoffs, IMO.

Also, let him play a little DB here and there, see what he's got.

I like a player who's making an effort to stay in Oakland.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast