Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is David Stern Wrong for sanctioning the San Antonio Spurs?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

98 85.22%
  • No.

17 14.78%
Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSpurs23 View Post
    Lol how can you call yourself a fan of basketball?

Tell you what there are a whole bunch of AND1 videos on youtube, you can get all the highlight plays and dunks you want there. GTFO with this **** lol.

Oh if you want high flying dunks watch slamball on youtube. You're exactly what is wrong with the NBA fans. hahahah
    No, I'd say that I am exactly what is RIGHT with NBA fans. In fact I volunteer my eyeballs to watch several commercials while fastforwarding though them, and sometimes I do not click on the "skip this ad" youtube widget for more than 5 seconds.

So, my eyeballs are making a tremendous sacrifice and are paying the league's salary through advertising revenue, and I EXPECT DAVID STERN TO FINE TEAMS THAT PLAY PLAYERS I DO NOT KNOW!!!

It is not enough that they jump around and behind the back and dunk, but also that I recognize their name and have seen them on at least one shoe commercial and a pepsi or gatorade commercial.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Your so worried about the games on Christmas. Don't you realize there are far more important things on that day then worrying about if players will or will not sit?

I'm almost certain the circumstances for the teams on Christmas are different, not like the one we dealt with last night.
    yeees i'm worried bout not seeing the best players play on christmas. it would not be worth watching the damn game if the top stars are not playing..Use common sense dude. I know you hate stern but you gotta see his concern here. the tv networks are probably scared to death that coaches will start doing this more and not caring bout national games.

vCash
    Spurs should never again get another TNT,ESPN or NBATV game give it to teams who actually want it like my Grizz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    This is why the Spurs won't win it all they have the oldest big 3 in the NBA sure playing your scrubs works now but in the playoffs some teams won't let you get away with it.
    Their "Scrubs" are better than most teams "scrubs" Using scrubs instead of 2nd unit, since apparently bench players in the NBA are scrubs to you.

And obviously, their minutes go up in the Post Season. They always do, and Pop has actually played them more minutes this season so when he plays them more in the playoffs, it's not as hard to adjust. They made it within 2 games of the finals, I'm sure they know what it takes to get far.

Funny how you make it seem as if they don't, like their track record doesn't speak for itself. And no offense, How can you say the Spurs have no chance to win it all? Why don't you enlighten us what it takes to win it all? It's not like your team has, and not to derail the conversation, but you can't really say what will and won't work in the post season. Just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Spurs should never again get another TNT,ESPN or NBATV game give it to teams who actually want it like my Grizz.
    And u know what, they could care less if that's the case.

vCash
    i dont mind this. how do you rest 4 of your starters a month in to the season ? people pay good money to watch these games.

vCash
    I don't give a **** about the heat, their fans, or nationally televised games. As a fan of the Spurs I want what is best for the team I support. I know that a game in November doesn't mean **** in the grand scheme of things. To have a successful playoff run the big three of the Spurs need to be rested. If that means benching the stars during a TNt game against the Heat then so be it.

I love the Spurs, but the NBA is a freaking joke. Most NBA fans only care about seeing superstars rather than watching a good basketball game. I watched the Suns vs Pistons game and the stadium was maybe 20% full. This just proves that the NBA is just a few team show and most NBA fans bandwagon the hell out of the large market teams.

vCash
    I don't give a **** about the heat, their fans, or nationally televised games. As a fan of the Spurs I want what is best for the team I support. I know that a game in November doesn't mean **** in the grand scheme of things. To have a successful playoff run the big three of the Spurs need to be rested. If that means benching the stars during a TNt game against the Heat then so be it.
    a month in to the season though

vCash

I love the Spurs, but the NBA is a freaking joke. Most NBA fans only care about seeing superstars rather than watching a good basketball game. I watched the Suns vs Pistons game and the stadium was maybe 20% full. This just proves that the NBA is just a few team show and most NBA fans bandwagon the hell out of the large market teams.
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    a month in to the season though
    Their schedule this month resembled the one of the lockout with a lot of games, a lot of travelling, and a tough road trip with another tough game coming up tomorrow. Are the players tired? Probably. Could they have played? Definitely, and did they want to play? Of course they did. This is Pop doing what he thinks is best in the big picture. Or as we like to call him Paranoid Pop.

You can't argue with the production of his older players. And if he played Timmy every game in previous years, there's no way he plays the way he's playing today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW
    This is the best thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post

vCash
    this was a terrible attempt by pop to show he doesnt care once again. people paid GOOD money for those tickets at the game yesterday. its not right at all

that game last night was terrible
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    Westbrook is like a younger version of A.I. mixed w/ 23 yr. old Kobe.
    WELCOME TO PSD

vCash

And this is why the spurs are a lame franchise that gets the lowest ratings ever in finals anytime they play

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LOOTERX9 View Post
    yeees i'm worried bout not seeing the best players play on christmas. it would not be worth watching the damn game if the top stars are not playing..Use common sense dude. I know you hate stern but you gotta see his concern here. the tv networks are probably scared to death that coaches will start doing this more and not caring bout national games.
    Well if all you're interested in is the best players, why doesn't the league get rid of the teams that don't have superstars?

Hell why not just have the Lakers, OKC, Knicks, Nets, Clippers, and Heat play each other every game?

We should just take all of the good players from every team and divide them up to those teams.

Some of us actually like the game of basketball, and don't buy into the brainwashing that BSPN, and the NBA spit out. Let's call up Vince Mcmahon and we could really turn this ****** league into some real entertainment. NBA should be changed to the NBE. National Basketball Entertainment, because apparently nobody cares about the sport, just the players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Their "Scrubs" are better than most teams "scrubs" Using scrubs instead of 2nd unit, since apparently bench players in the NBA are scrubs to you.

And obviously, their minutes go up in the Post Season. They always do, and Pop has actually played them more minutes this season so when he plays them more in the playoffs, it's not as hard to adjust. They made it within 2 games of the finals, I'm sure they know what it takes to get far.

Funny how you make it seem as if they don't, like their track record doesn't speak for itself. And no offense, How can you say the Spurs have no chance to win it all? Why don't you enlighten us what it takes to win it all? It's not like your team has, and not to derail the conversation, but you can't really say what will and won't work in the post season. Just my opinion
    Track record??The Track record says the Spurs are a regular season team but they are not a great playoff team.(check the lat 3 seasons)

And I'm sure they know what it takes but they are OLD now if they don't something in the trade deadline i'm sure they won't win it all.

Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast