Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is David Stern Wrong for sanctioning the San Antonio Spurs?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

98 85.22%
  • No.

17 14.78%
Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

David Stern To Issue Sanctions/Fines On Spurs For Lineup Switch; $250k fine

Just announced on Inside the NBA. Stern is pissed about the Pop lineup change. Wow.

vCash
    Was just about to make this thread. This league is a freaking joke lol

vCash
    Pop should be able to do whats best for his team. stern shouldnt be allowed to dish out fines just because he gets angry phone calls from advertisers who paid big bucks for the Heat/Spurs game.

this is professional sports, there are risks and there are no sure things- that goes for everyone involved, in any capacity.

vCash
    Just cause its a nationally televised game. Theres no rule against resting players. Spurs can do whatever the hell they want

vCash
    I hope the tickets for the game were cheaper because of this.. which I doubt since it was last minute, right? In that case, good. I'd be pretty pissed if I was attending the game.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    Pop should be able to do whats best for his team. stern shouldnt be allowed to dish out fines just because he gets angry phone calls from advertisers who paid big bucks for the Heat/Spurs game.

this is professional sports, there are risks and there are no sure things- that goes for everyone involved, in any capacity.
    Exactly. Its just plain corruption for him to do that

vCash
    Thats a really good thing. I mean people paid a lot of money to see their favourite players and this is what they get? This makes a bad reputation on the league and Stern himself.

vCash

vCash
    entitlement is a funny thing.

vCash
    Put this in the GT but Stern is a clown. Teams do this at the end of the year too after a playoff seed has been wrapped up, I want to see what he does then. Just cause it's a nationally televised game. Had they rested them last night, he'd have no issue. He can't have it both ways, it's Pop's team to do what he wants. His job is to put his team in position to win in the big picture, not bring in ratings.

Also, guess it means more Joey Crawford for Spurs playoff games.

vCash
    Out of left field, very interesting call from Pop.

That said, Stern angrily wagging his finger saying "YOU CANT DO THAT" is more ridiculous.
    "If we could talk about it and get (to the playoffs), it would've already been done. We know that talking won't get it done. We have to earn it." - Jets Coach Rex Ryan
    #hatersgonnahate

vCash
    I don't know why Pop didn't rest his guys against Orlando and get them rested for tonight. That would make more sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    I hope the tickets for the game were cheaper because of this.. which I doubt since it was last minute, right? In that case, good. I'd be pretty pissed if I was attending the game.
    This. If you are paying a lot of money to watch two good teams play, you should be able to see every player play. Fans are paying for the players and coaches.

vCash
    So close to Stern retiring... Yet so far.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Its the first month of the season... I would be worried if you really had to rest 3/5 starters in the first month
    [

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast