Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 120
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario
    Posts
    24,493
    vCash
    1500
    Like I said earlier, I really like the signing. It's a low risk, high reward signing, because Pietrus is a good defender who helps stretch the floor, and WHEN HEALTHY is a good 3 point shooter. He hasn't played since last March or so, I expect him to do well here to be honest.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    36,889
    vCash
    1255
    don't see how it's high reward since it's Pietrus we're talkin about...but it can be medium reward.


  3. #93
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario
    Posts
    24,493
    vCash
    1500
    For other teams its a medium reward. For the Toronto Raptors consisting of Landry Fields, Alan Anderson, Dominic McGuire and Linas Kleiza prior to the signing at the small forward position... it's a high reward.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,271
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    For other teams its a medium reward. For the Toronto Raptors consisting of Landry Fields, Alan Anderson, Dominic McGuire and Linas Kleiza prior to the signing at the small forward position... it's a high reward.
    Wouldn't say so, Pietrus isn't much of an upgrade. McGuire got cut, AA is solid, Kleiza is good but is a goof most of the time on the court, and Fields so far has been horrible. The old Pietrus from 06-07 would be a high reward, but this one..not so much.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,572
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    For other teams its a medium reward. For the Toronto Raptors consisting of Landry Fields, Alan Anderson, Dominic McGuire and Linas Kleiza prior to the signing at the small forward position... it's a high reward.
    I would say that even for Boston last year, Pietrus was a significant addition.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    36,889
    vCash
    1255
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    For other teams its a medium reward. For the Toronto Raptors consisting of Landry Fields, Alan Anderson, Dominic McGuire and Linas Kleiza prior to the signing at the small forward position... it's a high reward.
    high reward would be him making a significant impact...i don't see him making a significant impact...
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    I would say that even for Boston last year, Pietrus was a significant addition.
    he was terrible on Boston


  7. #97
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,572
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    he was terrible on Boston
    No he wasn't. He single handedly won them games with his defense and his timely shots in playoffs. He was a significant part of Boston's post season run last season.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,489
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    No he wasn't. He single handedly won them games with his defense and his timely shots in playoffs. He was a significant part of Boston's post season run last season.
    He shot 33% in 20 postseason games for Boston last year, 22% from 3, and 56% from the FT line. That's just plain terrible.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,572
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    He shot 33% in 20 postseason games for Boston last year, 22% from 3, and 56% from the FT line. That's just plain terrible.
    He has never been an offensive juggernaut. He made great defensive plays and timely shots last season. According to Synergy, opponents shot 36.4% against him.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,489
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    He has never been an offensive juggernaut. He made great defensive plays and timely shots last season. According to Synergy, opponents shot 36.4% against him.
    Is there ever a bad time to make shots in the playoffs?

    You're definitely overrating his contributions last year. The fact that he made a few memorable plays doesnt change that he was an overall mediocre-below average player with solid D and bad O.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,572
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    Is there ever a bad time to make shots in the playoffs?

    You're definitely overrating his contributions last year. The fact that he made a few memorable plays doesnt change that he was an overall mediocre-below average player with solid D and bad O.
    Overrating? Not at all, but to say he wasn't a significant part of Boston's run in the post-season is just disingenuous. I'm not implying that he had an all-star performance, if he did, he would have received much more than the minimum. I'm saying he was more than just 'terrible'.
    Last edited by Freakazoid; 12-01-2012 at 08:02 PM.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,489
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Overrating? Not at all, but to say he wasn't a significant part of Boston's run in the post-season is just disingenuous. I'm not implying that he had an all-star performance, if he did, he would have received much more than the minimum. I'm saying he was more than just 'terrible'.
    We're talking about the same player? The player that scored 3.5 ppg on horrible shooting percentages right? That player? Who also went unsigned for the first month of the season despite his "significant/great" play in playoff crunch time?Even if he played great defensively he didnt make the team pay on the other end.

    He was terrible offensively. There's no sugarcoating that, not sure why you are?

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,572
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    We're talking about the same player? The player that scored 3.5 ppg on horrible shooting percentages right? That player? Who also went unsigned for the first month of the season despite his "significant/great" play in playoff crunch time?Even if he played great defensively he didnt make the team pay on the other end.

    He was terrible offensively. There's no sugarcoating that, not sure why you are?
    I never said he wasn't terrible offensively. Not all game time contributions are tied to the offensive end. His defensive contributions outweighed his offensive shortcomings.

    He wasn't signed because he asked for too much money over the offseason and there are few teams in the league that are in need of a veteran defensive specialist.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,470
    vCash
    1500
    He's high reward to the Thunder he'll get us out of a top 3 pick and screw our tank over.


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  15. #105
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,489
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    I never said he wasn't terrible offensively. Not all game time contributions are tied to the offensive end. His defensive contributions outweighed his offensive shortcomings.

    He wasn't signed because he asked for too much money over the offseason and there are few teams in the league that are in need of a veteran defensive specialist.
    So we agree that he was terrible offensively, good.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •