Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    because people want to see Ross get most of those minutes...not Pietrus.
    Who are these people. He needs time to learn the game before we give him extended minutes. He should be a 10-15 minute a game guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jets33 View Post
    Who are these people. He needs time to learn the game before we give him extended minutes. He should be a 10-15 minute a game guy.
    Depends. During a season like this there is no point to keep Ross at 10-15 minutes. Why would you give those minutes to a journeyman to squeeze two more wins? You don't apply the same method to Val why would you do it to Ross?

The only reason BC doesn't give Ross the opportunity is because he is under pressure to win now. So he sacrifice the future in order to have results today and keep his job.

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    BAhahahahahahahahaha

Oh, forgot to use my inside voice.

This team is going nowhere until they teach our point guards to pass the ball and not shoot unnecessary three's all the time.

Calderon does pass, but is useless on defence. Lowry, sure he has huge potential, but hogs the ball way too much.

We need more size and strength up front. Val is good but he is just a rookie. We need some beasts up front - not sure who but there has to be some players out there that we can get.

Time to trade Calderon, Bargs, Ed Davis and maybe even Ross so we can buid this team properly with some real talent. As much as I like BC, time for him to go and we need a GM with some vision and BALLS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the life View Post
    Depends. During a season like this there is no point to keep Ross at 10-15 minutes. Why would you give those minutes to a journeyman to squeeze two more wins? You don't apply the same method to Val why would you do it to Ross?

The only reason BC doesn't give Ross the opportunity is because he is under pressure to win now. So he sacrifice the future in order to have results today and keep his job.
    Great response.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the life View Post

Playing devil's advocate here: what makes you think that the same Casey who refused to tank isn't also determined to win now?
    Last edited by ink; 11-30-2012 at 12:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Playing devil's advocate here: what makes you think that the same Casey who refused to tank is also determined to win now?
    i don't get your question, even though i know it wasn't meant for me. he said it was BC that was trying to win now... if i'm misunderstanding your question my bad
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i don't get your question, even though i know it wasn't meant for me. he said it was BC that was trying to win now... if i'm misunderstanding your question my bad
    My bad, I fixed it.

Basically Casey wants to win. the life is assuming BC is telling him not to play Ross so they can win. Casey wanted to win so badly in a tank season he probably cost the Raptors a higher pick. So it's pretty logical that Casey has his own strong ideas on who he is going to win with. If Ross doesn't start it's likely because the coach doesn't want him in that role.

He's a competitor.

vCash
    And again, adding Pietrus is adding a veteran. Hope he can still play. But he does address one of the criticisms levelled at this roster: that there are no vets.

vCash
    Wish we traded down to get Houston's pick and Lowry. Then picked up a guy like Jeff Taylor. We would be in the same / better situation that we were in now.

vCash
    And again, adding Pietrus is adding a veteran. Hope he can still play. But he does address one of the criticisms levelled at this roster: that there are no vets.
    This could actually be a bigger help than at first thought. Watching snippets of the last few games it seems to me that we're losing on super easy early-shot clock baskets. Things like Lowry getting stuck in the post on Marc Gasol and when the ball gets dumped in there's no weak-side collapse to prevent an easy layup. Hopefully somebody who's been around the block can give our team a shot in the arm by showing proper defensive rotations. Won't win us a championship, but I bet he'll help make each player on the wing a tiny bit better through practice and example.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    like the move, if i haven't already mentioned it. if i have .... move along.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    not a bad pick up at all. would rather have him over mcguire any how.

vCash
    My bad, I fixed it.

Basically Casey wants to win. the life is assuming BC is telling him not to play Ross so they can win. Casey wanted to win so badly in a tank season he probably cost the Raptors a higher pick. So it's pretty logical that Casey has his own strong ideas on who he is going to win with. If Ross doesn't start it's likely because the coach doesn't want him in that role.

He's a competitor
    Casey is a competitor and I expect him to try and win every game. But BC knows that also. If he wants Ross to get minutes then its his responsibility to create the roster so that there isn't the option of players for Casey to use. BC knows that Casey will use those role players in an attempt to win instead of giving Ross minutes to grow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Casey is a competitor and I expect him to try and win every game. But BC knows that also. If he wants Ross to get minutes then its his responsibility to create the roster so that there isn't the option of players for Casey to use. BC knows that Casey will use those role players in an attempt to win instead of giving Ross minutes to grow.
    I think they both wanna win right now...

the whole preaching to the media that the goal is to make the playoffs this year was premature imo.

vCash
    This is a Meh move to me...positives - vet presence, good defender, above average shot. Negatives - Veteran legs, unsure how much gas he has left. I think that the pros will outweigh the cons...and I like CMund's comment above about the early in the shot clock possessions - Veterans know how to defend this, and they know how to position themselves to avoid those types of possessions

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast