Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 106 to 120 of 120
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,521
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    So we agree that he was terrible offensively, good.
    There was never any contention.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    36,617
    vCash
    1255
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    He has never been an offensive juggernaut. He made great defensive plays and timely shots last season. According to Synergy, opponents shot 36.4% against him.
    he only played one good game (I think it was game 6 vs Miami?). other than that he was horrible. like NY said he shot terrible %s and only had a PER of 8.8 which is dog ****


  3. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,521
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    he only played one good game (I think it was game 6 vs Miami?). other than that he was horrible. like NY said he shot terrible %s and only had a PER of 8.8 which is dog ****
    He's a defensive specialist, what do you expect?

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    36,617
    vCash
    1255
    I don't remember him shutting anyone down, but we'll see.


  5. #110
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,475
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    He's a defensive specialist, what do you expect?
    I suspect that he didnt make a "great or significant" impact like you claim. You throw a D-leaguer out there with good D and you would get similar results.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,521
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    I suspect that he didnt make a "great or significant" impact like you claim. You throw a D-leaguer out there with good D and you would get similar results.
    Good defense isn't a significant contribution? Who cares if it's a D-Leaguer...if he plays well for the most part then that's a significant contribution.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,521
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    I don't remember him shutting anyone down, but we'll see.
    Joe Johnson is a good example.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,475
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Good defense isn't a significant contribution? Who cares if it's a D-Leaguer...if he plays well for the most part then that's a significant contribution.
    It becomes significantly less valuable when you cause your team to play 4 vs 5 on offense. I mean even this is landry fields territory.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,521
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    It becomes significantly less valuable when you cause your team to play 4 vs 5 on offense. I mean even this is landry fields territory.
    He played on a team plagued with injuries and aging veterans. With Pietrus, it allowed Rivers the luxury of giving Pierce the easier defensive assignment so that he didn't have to expend any energy on the defensive end. His primary role was to defend and he was able to succeed in doing just that.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    50,020
    vCash
    1500
    I thought he played well last night, although I still would have preferred Ross gets his minutes.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    50,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    Is AA close to being back? Cuz if not I'd rather keep McGuire and send Acy to the D-league
    And how would you like to go about creating a roster spot for Pietrus? Somebody needs to be dropped.

  12. #117
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,475
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    And how would you like to go about creating a roster spot for Pietrus? Somebody needs to be dropped.
    Does putting Acy in the D-league not open up a roster spot?

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    36,617
    vCash
    1255
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Joe Johnson is a good example.
    he's a notorious playoff choker. everyone shuts him down when May arrives


  14. #119
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,902
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    Does putting Acy in the D-league not open up a roster spot?
    Well, Alan Anderson is still on the roster so unless you plan on waiving him, then there's no room.


    The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    2,653
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    Does putting Acy in the D-league not open up a roster spot?
    No hes still technically on our roster

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •