Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I think they both wanna win right now...

the whole preaching to the media that the goal is to make the playoffs this year was premature imo.
    Yes I totally agree. It was way premature and I think that deep down everyone knew it, but wanted to buy into the hype - myself included. This team is not as bad as they are playing right now. They just cannot get any momentum going, no flow and I'm not sure where if anywhere the blame falls for that. no confidence and not playing together as a team will make for a very long season...

vCash

the whole preaching to the media that the goal is to make the playoffs this year was premature imo.
    They had the talent this year to make the playoffs so I don't think it was premature.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    They had the talent this year to make the playoffs so I don't think it was premature.
    right but our starting C is a rookie we have a very very young team. a key player in lowry was just added. our head coach is in his 2nd season and he has a bunch of new players to work with.

imo this team needs to mature a bit and needs some more time together. they need to try things, see what works, what doesnt work. make ajdustments. find the best rotations. these things take time and i think expecting playoffs from them right now is a bit much but thats just me.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 11-30-2012 at 03:57 PM.

vCash
    right but our starting C is a rookie we have a very very young team. a key player in lowry was just added. our head coach is in his 2nd season.

imo this team needs to mature a bit and needs some more time together before we start expecting playoffs from them but thats just me.
    It was a longshot, but we still had the talent and abilities to make the playoffs this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapsfanforlife View Post
    Yes I totally agree. It was way premature and I think that deep down everyone knew it, but wanted to buy into the hype - myself included. This team is not as bad as they are playing right now. They just cannot get any momentum going, no flow and I'm not sure where if anywhere the blame falls for that. no confidence and not playing together as a team will make for a very long season...
    me too

it starts with a win and hopefully snow balls. these guys gotta have more confidence then last season. we have much more talent now then we did then.

i think pietrus will add some needed veteran leadership.

vCash
    Lol Pietrus will not add any leadership at all hahaha.
    Dude wanted money and wouldn't play for any contending teams because they could only pay him the minimum and he's a chucker. But I like him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    Lol Pietrus will not add any leadership at all hahaha.
    Dude wanted money and wouldn't play for any contending teams because they could only pay him the minimum and he's a chucker. But I like him.
    We're also paying the minimum.

vCash

Yes, I know they both want to win right now. Just pointing out the flip side to the point that Casey wanting to win so he is playing others over Ross. If BC wanted Ross to get minutes then he would make moves for that to happen.

vCash
    Not a bad signing...

Although in no way will Pietrus alone patch up the hole this team has at SF. He's prone to injury and has always been quite inconsistent on both ends of the court. Hopefully Casey can get some productivity out of him.

vCash
    Best part of this in my opinion is waiving McGuire. One of the better offseason moves the Raptors have made.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    I hope the move breaks the streak .
    I ****ing called it people, forgive me for tooting my own trumpet. .

vCash
    He actually played a good game, hope he can keep improving with his conditioning and chemistry getting better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Yes, I know they both want to win right now. Just pointing out the flip side to the point that Casey wanting to win so he is playing others over Ross. If BC wanted Ross to get minutes then he would make moves for that to happen.
    Casey and BC are playing for their jobs. No playoffs = house cleaning. They are scared and would rather play a vet versus Ross. How do you explain McGuire getting more minutes than Ross and now he is released? Pietrus is going to get more minutes than Ross in my view.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Casey and BC are playing for their jobs. No playoffs = house cleaning. They are scared and would rather play a vet versus Ross. How do you explain McGuire getting more minutes than Ross and now he is released? Pietrus is going to get more minutes than Ross in my view.
    Don't think you understood what I was saying.

vCash
    I think this signing was just to save BC and Casey's jobs until the trade deadline because if they were to keep loosing I think we were close to firing both of them . If they can tread water until the trade deadline I think BC is going to pull a major trade which should put us in the playoffs . We are not that far off talent wise we are just young , but trading for a very good player is a tricky thing , I hope he does not get one that is too old and starting to break down .

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast