Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 120
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS
    Posts
    701
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I think they both wanna win right now...

    the whole preaching to the media that the goal is to make the playoffs this year was premature imo.
    Yes I totally agree. It was way premature and I think that deep down everyone knew it, but wanted to buy into the hype - myself included. This team is not as bad as they are playing right now. They just cannot get any momentum going, no flow and I'm not sure where if anywhere the blame falls for that. no confidence and not playing together as a team will make for a very long season...

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36,173
    vCash
    1090
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I think they both wanna win right now...

    the whole preaching to the media that the goal is to make the playoffs this year was premature imo.
    They had the talent this year to make the playoffs so I don't think it was premature.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    tdot
    Posts
    18,120
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    They had the talent this year to make the playoffs so I don't think it was premature.
    right but our starting C is a rookie we have a very very young team. a key player in lowry was just added. our head coach is in his 2nd season and he has a bunch of new players to work with.

    imo this team needs to mature a bit and needs some more time together. they need to try things, see what works, what doesnt work. make ajdustments. find the best rotations. these things take time and i think expecting playoffs from them right now is a bit much but thats just me.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 11-30-2012 at 03:57 PM.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36,173
    vCash
    1090
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    right but our starting C is a rookie we have a very very young team. a key player in lowry was just added. our head coach is in his 2nd season.

    imo this team needs to mature a bit and needs some more time together before we start expecting playoffs from them but thats just me.
    It was a longshot, but we still had the talent and abilities to make the playoffs this year.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    tdot
    Posts
    18,120
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapsfanforlife View Post
    Yes I totally agree. It was way premature and I think that deep down everyone knew it, but wanted to buy into the hype - myself included. This team is not as bad as they are playing right now. They just cannot get any momentum going, no flow and I'm not sure where if anywhere the blame falls for that. no confidence and not playing together as a team will make for a very long season...
    me too

    it starts with a win and hopefully snow balls. these guys gotta have more confidence then last season. we have much more talent now then we did then.

    i think pietrus will add some needed veteran leadership.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    2,358
    vCash
    1500
    Lol Pietrus will not add any leadership at all hahaha.
    Dude wanted money and wouldn't play for any contending teams because they could only pay him the minimum and he's a chucker. But I like him.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36,173
    vCash
    1090
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    Lol Pietrus will not add any leadership at all hahaha.
    Dude wanted money and wouldn't play for any contending teams because they could only pay him the minimum and he's a chucker. But I like him.
    We're also paying the minimum.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Brandon, MB
    Posts
    6,775
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I think they both wanna win right now...

    the whole preaching to the media that the goal is to make the playoffs this year was premature imo.
    Yes, I know they both want to win right now. Just pointing out the flip side to the point that Casey wanting to win so he is playing others over Ross. If BC wanted Ross to get minutes then he would make moves for that to happen.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto ON, Canada
    Posts
    7,379
    vCash
    3890
    Not a bad signing...

    Although in no way will Pietrus alone patch up the hole this team has at SF. He's prone to injury and has always been quite inconsistent on both ends of the court. Hopefully Casey can get some productivity out of him.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    790
    vCash
    1500
    Best part of this in my opinion is waiving McGuire. One of the better offseason moves the Raptors have made.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,223
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    I hope the move breaks the streak .
    I ****ing called it people, forgive me for tooting my own trumpet. .

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,630
    vCash
    1500
    He actually played a good game, hope he can keep improving with his conditioning and chemistry getting better.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,831
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Yes, I know they both want to win right now. Just pointing out the flip side to the point that Casey wanting to win so he is playing others over Ross. If BC wanted Ross to get minutes then he would make moves for that to happen.
    Casey and BC are playing for their jobs. No playoffs = house cleaning. They are scared and would rather play a vet versus Ross. How do you explain McGuire getting more minutes than Ross and now he is released? Pietrus is going to get more minutes than Ross in my view.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Brandon, MB
    Posts
    6,775
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Casey and BC are playing for their jobs. No playoffs = house cleaning. They are scared and would rather play a vet versus Ross. How do you explain McGuire getting more minutes than Ross and now he is released? Pietrus is going to get more minutes than Ross in my view.
    Don't think you understood what I was saying.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor Ontario
    Posts
    1,943
    vCash
    1500
    I think this signing was just to save BC and Casey's jobs until the trade deadline because if they were to keep loosing I think we were close to firing both of them . If they can tread water until the trade deadline I think BC is going to pull a major trade which should put us in the playoffs . We are not that far off talent wise we are just young , but trading for a very good player is a tricky thing , I hope he does not get one that is too old and starting to break down .

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •