8 72.73%
  • Wisconsin

2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Week 14 GT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    Yep. A definite blowout. The Texas and Kansas State is a better game. 21-17 K-State.
    What a massacre, 63-17 now, still early in the third lol. Would be even worse without that miracle Martinez run.

vCash

Week 14 GT

Can't believe this is how this game turned out, let's save some for Stanford

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertys View Post
    Can't believe this is how this game turned out, let's save some for Stanford
    Not the way Bilema rolls though.....

vCash
    If only Michigan hadn't **** the bed against Nebraska, and played Bellomy over Gardner once Denard went out, it could be us getting smoked by Wisky right now!

vCash
    The last thing the ACC needs is for GT to represent them in the BCS game.

vCash
    Martinez is a sneaky bastard

vCash
    was studying for law school finals all day, so finally got to watch the game on DVR (without knowing the outcome!) just now... HOLY ****ING ****!!! that was one of the best games i've seen in quite some time.

a few thoughts:

-richt is a really good coach... but he will never get over that hump and win a title. he's just always screwing the pooch at the most inopportune time. horrible clock management at the end there (although same could be said for saban at the end of the first half, which potentially cost them 4 extra points).

-there are some ****ing beasts at RB in the SEC... and young ones, too!

-pretty shocked at how mediocre the bama secondary played. i did not expect murray to pass like that against them for most of the game.

-way to go wisconsin! serving some humble pie to the biggest troll in this forum!

-the seminLOLes are not back, like so many of their fast food-serving fans think
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Only thing I can think of is they didn't want to let Bama sub out. Other than that, I got nothing, just spike it, it's not like you have time to play all four downs anyway.
    It actually looked to me like Georgia subbed. I saw a receiver run in from the sideline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    It actually looked to me like Georgia subbed. I saw a receiver run in from the sideline.
    in that case it makes even less sense, just wow

vCash
    I'm still on a high from that game.

Now that I'm somewhat calmed down though, wow...that was a damn good game.

As for that last play:

Bulldogs offensive coordinator Mike Bobo said that if he had to do it over again, he would have instructed Murray to spike the ball to stop the clock.

"Yeah, hindsight is easy," Bobo said. "We'd have done it if I had to do it over. I would have liked to give us three shots in the end zone. There was confusion getting lined up. We didn't get it lined up correctly."

vCash
    Hindsight does suck. Yea they could have spiked the ball and the receiver could have dropped the ball, but none of that happened. What if the ball had not been tipped? Would it have been a touchdown.? Everyone is looking at this play as the end all, but I think everyone forgot about the missed field goal by Georgia. Had Georgia made that field goal, they would have only needed a field goal to win the game as opposed to a touchdown.
    With that said, they should have spiked the ball. What were they thinking? It is all about time and clock management when teams get in these types of situations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    was studying for law school finals all day, so finally got to watch the game on DVR (without knowing the outcome!) just now... HOLY ****ING ****!!! that was one of the best games i've seen in quite some time.

a few thoughts:

-richt is a really good coach... but he will never get over that hump and win a title. he's just always screwing the pooch at the most inopportune time. horrible clock management at the end there (although same could be said for saban at the end of the first half, which potentially cost them 4 extra points).
    -there are some ****ing beasts at RB in the SEC... and young ones, too!

-pretty shocked at how mediocre the bama secondary played. i did not expect murray to pass like that against them for most of the game.

-way to go wisconsin! serving some humble pie to the biggest troll in this forum!

-the seminLOLes are not back, like so many of their fast food-serving fans think
    I think Bama's secondary is their biggest weakness. It was exposed by LSU, A&M, and now Georgia. I think Georgia should have kept throwing the ball toward Belue because I think he is one of Bama's weakest links in the secondary.

I don't know if that is true. That call was on Bobo, wasn't it? I am somewhat bias though because I like Richt. I think he is a good coach plus he doesn't do all of that screaming and yelling at players, or other theatrics on the sidelines. I'm pretty sure there are a ton of teams that will take him, if Georgia decides to get rid of him. I realize the last play was awful, but Richt had this team ready to play. Look at how many people were on these threads saying how awful Georgia was and shouldn't be ranked as high as they were. I think Georgia proved a lot of naysayers wrong.

I thought the Wisconsin game could be one of the upsets, but that was a just an old fashioned whoopin'.
    Last edited by Wingman; 12-02-2012 at 11:26 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRanch View Post
    I'm still on a high from that game.

Now that I'm somewhat calmed down though, wow...that was a damn good game.

As for that last play:
    How the hell does that happen? How is there confusion getting lined up for a spike? Is it really so hard to sprint up to the line and get into position? That would have fixed all of their problems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    LOL How so.... The other teams I listed those were their out of conference games. Those teams had tough teams in conference. Those were the only 3 ranked teams that Notre Dame played all year....

I guess Notre Dame is so much better for playing Michigan, Stanford and Oklahoma than Alabama is for playing Michigan, LSU and Texas A&M....

They play 8 conference games and 4 non-conference games

You have 14 teams (7 SEC West and 7 SEC East)

They play 6 SEC Divisional games, 1 Annual SEC Cross-Divisional Rival and 1 Rotating Cross-Divisional Rival.

So for example Florida plays Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Missouri and Kentucky every year as SEC East opponents. Then they play LSU every year as their SEC West Rival. Then they play 1 more SEC West team and it rotates every year. So for example it would look something like Alabama in 2012, Arkansas in 2013, Auburn in 2014, Miss State in 2015, Ole Miss in 2016 and Texas A&M in 2017.
    A page or 2 back you had said
    And for the cupcake OOC games this year they scheduled Michigan which was a top 10 team at the time how did they know it would be a down year. Next year they have Virginia Tech and before this season Virginia Tech was pretty consistently a top 10-15 team in the country.
    If that is the case ND played 5 ranked teams. Michigan State was ranked number 10 when ND played them and we always play USC which at the time was considered the top team in the country.

Granted we always play those teams, but if we can't fault Bama for what happened to them how can you fault ND for USC (number 1 team at the start of the year) for falling on their faces and Michigan State (number 10 at the time) for playing like crap?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    I think Bama's secondary is their biggest weakness. It was exposed by LSU, A&M, and now Georgia. I think Georgia should have kept throwing the ball toward Belue because I think he is one of Bama's weakest links in the secondary.
    I think it's the pass rush...or lack thereof. Even the best secondary would struggle if a QB had a "generous" amount of time to throw the ball. But yeh, Belue has struggled.

We'll be better next season though.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast