Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    19,807
    vCash
    1500
    This might have been more meaningful if the UN wasn't such an embarrassment of an organization. Isn't Syria on the human rights council? The UN is great in theory but in reality it's a joke. How many wars or fights between countries are going on and they don't do anything about it? How can they appoint countries like Syria which break human rights laws left right and centre and then turn around and put them on a human rights council?

    The UN is a joke.


    Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

    This sums up every sports interview, ever.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,767
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    This might have been more meaningful if the UN wasn't such an embarrassment of an organization. Isn't Syria on the human rights council? The UN is great in theory but in reality it's a joke. How many wars or fights between countries are going on and they don't do anything about it? How can they appoint countries like Syria which break human rights laws left right and centre and then turn around and put them on a human rights council?

    The UN is a joke.
    If each country gets to forbid entry, or forbid certain positions, to those it dislikes, the organization folds.

    Let me put it another way. If a country pre-emptively invades and occupies other countries, if it tortures, murders civilians, and hold prisoners indefinitely; if it ignores international law and attacks funerals and rescuers, if it funds an apartheid state that keeps a whole people in large prison camps in squalid poverty, is it (the United States) a good candidate for the security council? Some might say not. And yet, the US feels differently.

    As for the original story, this is a step in the right direction for the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. One of the biggest obstacles to peace is the complete assymetry between the parties in terms of political power. The Israelis apparently see little reason to give up anything, when they can just take what they want by force whenever it suits them.
    I'm going to list ALEC in credits as associate producer of creating horrifying things for us to talk about -John Oliver

    People who think the least powerful members of society are responsible for most of its problems are deluded, at best.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    19,807
    vCash
    1500
    Actually the Israeli's have offered to give up a significant portion of land. Arafat turned them down, remember?
    Last edited by Twitchy; 11-30-2012 at 05:28 PM.


    Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

    This sums up every sports interview, ever.

  4. 11-30-2012, 05:22 PM
    Reason
    Double post

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    9,307
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    Actually the Israeli's have offered to give up a significant portion of land. Arafat turned them down, remember?
    After reading your posts, out of curiousity, does it bother you that Palestine is attempting to get statehood and become a legitimately recognized nation by everyone? and if so, for what reason? I don't see how this could possibly be a bad thing.

    **I ask cuz I seem to get a hostile tone from you toward this situation. I could be mistaken of course
    Last edited by nastynice; 11-30-2012 at 07:58 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    14,012
    vCash
    1500
    Maybe giving them a state will stop the constant wars between them?

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,191
    vCash
    500
    They'll always fight. That's the problem with a war that no one wins. Constant bloodshed.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,191
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by ESaady View Post
    It seems to be a sin in America if you feel any sort of sympathy towards Palestinians.

    Patrick Henry said, "Give me liberty or give me death!" and is considered a hero and a patriot. The average Palestinian who has no affiliation with Hamas or Fatah or any other "terrorist group" says the same thing and he is considered wrong and a terrorist.
    I honestly think there's a really strong pro-Palestine presence in this country, more than ever. Obviously, the innocent people are always the victims but I'll support Israel over a group of people that are represented by fundamentalists.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    13,065
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsAndrew25 View Post
    Maybe giving them a state will stop the constant wars between them?
    Maybe on the Palestinian's side but the hatred will just shift, Israeli's will be demanding imperialism and assault on the middle east. The hatred is too strong for this to go peacefully.

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The beez neez
    Posts
    16,218
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    Yeah, I took it off this picture originally (https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...33287755_n.jpg) but I wanted to keep my Bears sig as well. Quite sad, though.



    Thats how its become. Any criticism of Israeli policy is branded as Antisemitism. Funny how even Jews that are critical of Israel are called Anti-Semites.

    Its sad to see how much US domestic and foreign affairs are dictated by Israel. The greatest nation on Earth serves as a puppet for a country thats about the size of New Jersey.
    ...but he never said anything about firing rockets from the air
    Carlos "You Better" Hyde

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    11,037
    vCash
    1500
    http://news.yahoo.com/israel-moves-b...000318394.html

    Israel responded swiftly Friday to U.N. recognition of a Palestinian state, revealing it will build 3,000 more homes for Jews on Israeli-occupied lands that the world body overwhelmingly said belong to the Palestinians.

    The plans also include future construction in a strategic area of the West Bank where critics have long warned that Jewish settlements would kill hopes for a viable Palestinian state.
    Israel's moves served as a harsh reminder to Palestinians — euphoric over the U.N. upgrade — that while they now have a state on paper, most of it remains very much under Israeli control.

    "This is a doomsday scenario," Daniel Seidemann of Ir Amim, a group that promotes coexistence in Jerusalem, said of the building plans.
    Israel's decision was bound to embarrass the United States, which was among just nine countries in the 193-member General Assembly to vote against accepting Palestine as a nonmember observer state.
    and people expect the Palestinians to stand back and do nothing while the Israelis continue to encroach on their lands


    "Hard" Kobe getting shook by a role player

  12. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    9,307
    vCash
    1500
    ^^that's just terrible. That's just the last thing anyone needed to happen.

    Israel is just something else man, I don't know how they train/brainwash their population, but its damn effective. I've seen some documentaries, its just so unbelievable the things they do. I remember this IDF soldiers shoots an activist in one of those bright reflective orange vests (I BELIEVE that person later died, I'm not sure) on camera, and the camera guy is like yo what the hell. The soldier literally just shrugs his shoulders and says, wasn't me, I didn't do it. Its just absolutely amazing this weird racist mentality that is instilled in (SOME OF) their population.

    I also remember they literally go to palestinian neighborhoods and say on a loudspeaker you have 5 minutes to get whatever you want to keep and get out of your house, and 5 min later a bulldozer just comes in and starts bulldozing the houses. Its just insane some of the things they do. Its truly shocking and sickening.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  13. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    11,037
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    ^^that's just terrible. That's just the last thing anyone needed to happen.

    Israel is just something else man, I don't know how they train/brainwash their population, but its damn effective. I've seen some documentaries, its just so unbelievable the things they do. I remember this IDF soldiers shoots an activist in one of those bright reflective orange vests (I BELIEVE that person later died, I'm not sure) on camera, and the camera guy is like yo what the hell. The soldier literally just shrugs his shoulders and says, wasn't me, I didn't do it. Its just absolutely amazing this weird racist mentality that is instilled in (SOME OF) their population.

    I also remember they literally go to palestinian neighborhoods and say on a loudspeaker you have 5 minutes to get whatever you want to keep and get out of your house, and 5 min later a bulldozer just comes in and starts bulldozing the houses. Its just insane some of the things they do. Its truly shocking and sickening.
    i wouldn't be surprised if the Palestinians retaliate with rocket fire and people are going to blame the Palestinians for the renewed violence.


    "Hard" Kobe getting shook by a role player

  14. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    9,307
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FOBolous View Post
    i wouldn't be surprised if the Palestinians retaliate with rocket fire and people are going to blame the Palestinians for the renewed violence.
    Yea, I know what you mean, but its like what else can they do? I don't think a single population on earth would just sit there and accept it. This doesn't mean I'm saying they have 0 responsibility in this situation, but I just don't understand what else people expect them to do. Its a natural reaction. If Israel were to treat ANY group of people the way they treat the Palestinians, they're reaction would be the same. Fight with whatever means you have. I don't see how people don't realize this.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  15. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    LakersLand
    Posts
    7,901
    vCash
    1500

  16. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    30,447
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    After reading your posts, out of curiousity, does it bother you that Palestine is attempting to get statehood and become a legitimately recognized nation by everyone? and if so, for what reason? I don't see how this could possibly be a bad thing.

    **I ask cuz I seem to get a hostile tone from you toward this situation. I could be mistaken of course
    Twitchy is Jewish so this may be a bit more of a sensitive subject for him than the rest of us.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •