Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I honestly think there's a really strong pro-Palestine presence in this country, more than ever. Obviously, the innocent people are always the victims but I'll support Israel over a group of people that are represented by fundamentalists.
    Some of this is for you and the rest is just a tangent, ha.

Many Americans may be headed towards a pro-Palestine stance, however the stigma of supporting Palestine seems to be summed up as anti-Semitic, which is a huge cop out in my humble opinion and causes Americans and westerners to usually recant their statements or rethink their personal ideals due to daily pressures from groups and organizations who have their own agendas and attempt to impress their own ideals amongst the masses . However, this has nothing to do with whether or not Israel is right or whether Palestine is right. It's not about taking sides in the matter, in which by the way both sides are guilty of committing heinous crimes and have more blood on their hands than one could imagine. It boils down to human rights and the fact that innocent people are being killed because of pathetic excuses that are regurgitated over and over again.

If this wasn't a big deal then Israel would have no reason to come out and publicly denounce and downplay this overwhelmingly world supported resolution. At least that's how I see it. Why waste the time to downplay something that isn't a big deal to begin with?

Israel isn't concerned about Palestine becoming a country to the same extent as they are concerned about their public image since they are now liable to war crimes, retribution, etc., everything which by the way Israel has been privy to since 1948 and for good reason, but to turn around and exact pain and suffering on some innocents who although are sometimes backed by fundamentalists is complete negligence for humanity. Same goes for Palestinian fundamentalists who rather than believing in coexistence would rather blow up Israel. There's a lack of education within Palestine when it comes to politics and many blindly follow the scent of fundamentalism due to promises, which are more often than not empty promises.

I'm not coming out and saying Israel is wrong and Palestine is right and not vice versa either, all I'm saying is that there's so much information that is neglected, that is swept under the rug, and that is carelessly forgotten--that's the shame that I find in this situation.

It depresses me more than anything and I would love to see this conflict end, however, it's a dream.

Israel could never lay down her guard because without a militaristic nation, the country would cease to exist. A two-state solution would alleviate some problems, but certainly other problems would arise and fairly quickly at that. A single-state solution would mean the demise of Israel as well, as the majority of the citizens would be Arab-Israeli and could effectively alter Israel's priorities as a nation economically, politically, and socially.

Again these are my thoughts and offer these in the hopes of discourse and discussion. I feel as though in throwing out my ideas, others are able to reply and state their own thoughts creating and harboring a place of conversation and dialogue.

vCash
    ^^very good post.

One thing I do not necessarily agree with, referring to Hamas as fundamentalist. I may not be entirely schooled on that organization, but from what I've seen they are a political party with a militant sector who have been labeled as "terrorist" as part of the campaign you have described in your first paragraph.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Twitchy is Jewish so this may be a bit more of a sensitive subject for him than the rest of us.
    I believe this to be an issue of politics more than religion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ESaady View Post
    Some of this is for you and the rest is just a tangent, ha.

Many Americans may be headed towards a pro-Palestine stance, however the stigma of supporting Palestine seems to be summed up as anti-Semitic, which is a huge cop out in my humble opinion and causes Americans and westerners to usually recant their statements or rethink their personal ideals due to daily pressures from groups and organizations who have their own agendas and attempt to impress their own ideals amongst the masses . However, this has nothing to do with whether or not Israel is right or whether Palestine is right. It's not about taking sides in the matter, in which by the way both sides are guilty of committing heinous crimes and have more blood on their hands than one could imagine. It boils down to human rights and the fact that innocent people are being killed because of pathetic excuses that are regurgitated over and over again.

If this wasn't a big deal then Israel would have no reason to come out and publicly denounce and downplay this overwhelmingly world supported resolution. At least that's how I see it. Why waste the time to downplay something that isn't a big deal to begin with?

Israel isn't concerned about Palestine becoming a country to the same extent as they are concerned about their public image since they are now liable to war crimes, retribution, etc., everything which by the way Israel has been privy to since 1948 and for good reason, but to turn around and exact pain and suffering on some innocents who although are sometimes backed by fundamentalists is complete negligence for humanity. Same goes for Palestinian fundamentalists who rather than believing in coexistence would rather blow up Israel. There's a lack of education within Palestine when it comes to politics and many blindly follow the scent of fundamentalism due to promises, which are more often than not empty promises.

I'm not coming out and saying Israel is wrong and Palestine is right and not vice versa either, all I'm saying is that there's so much information that is neglected, that is swept under the rug, and that is carelessly forgotten--that's the shame that I find in this situation.

It depresses me more than anything and I would love to see this conflict end, however, it's a dream.

Israel could never lay down her guard because without a militaristic nation, the country would cease to exist. A two-state solution would alleviate some problems, but certainly other problems would arise and fairly quickly at that. A single-state solution would mean the demise of Israel as well, as the majority of the citizens would be Arab-Israeli and could effectively alter Israel's priorities as a nation economically, politically, and socially.

Again these are my thoughts and offer these in the hopes of discourse and discussion. I feel as though in throwing out my ideas, others are able to reply and state their own thoughts creating and harboring a place of conversation and dialogue.
    You're right but the same can be said for the other side.

Kim Kardashian posted a tweet in support of Israel and she's actually traveling the ****ing Middle East right now, doing a PR cleanup campaign.

There's a lot of pro-Palestine love going around.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    You're right but the same can be said for the other side.

Kim Kardashian posted a tweet in support of Israel and she's actually traveling the ****ing Middle East right now, doing a PR cleanup campaign.

There's a lot of pro-Palestine love going around.
    Very true and about Kim, did not know that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    ^^very good post.

One thing I do not necessarily agree with, referring to Hamas as fundamentalist. I may not be entirely schooled on that organization, but from what I've seen they are a political party with a militant sector who have been labeled as "terrorist" as part of the campaign you have described in your first paragraph.
    Definitely see where you're coming from. Hamas has done some good for Palestinians, but they have also harmed Palestinians. It could just be a smear campaign, but even Palestinians are split between Hamas, Fatah and other groups. It's complicated haha.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234