Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    i think there's a common theme of people seeing 3rd stringers perform well against fringe NFL players in preseason games, then thinking those results will translate to actual NFL games against 1st and 2nd string talent.

i get why people would feel that way - they see a guy performing well and making good throws, so their mind instantly goes "hey, we've got a gem here!" - but there needs to be some context.
    The common theme is accompanied by fools. Only a fool would be stupid enough to believe that they know more than the team does abot a 3rd string QB being the savior for any team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    The common theme is accompanied by fools. Only a fool would be stupid enough to believe that they know more than the team does abot a 3rd string QB being the savior for any team.
    Tell that to the patriots that had a 7th round pick out of Michigan who was behind drew Bledsoe turn into a HOFer

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

3. 12-02-2012, 12:44 AM
    Reason
    Insults

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Tell that to the patriots that had a 7th round pick out of Michigan who was behind drew Bledsoe turn into a HOFer
    Brady also plays in what is arguably the most QB friendly system in the NFL, behind perhaps only the Saints scheme. I think you'll see in the coming years that more teams will be switching to hurry up offenses with quick, YAC receivers and tight ends for mismatches and red zone targets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Brady also plays in what is arguably the most QB friendly system in the NFL, behind perhaps only the Saints scheme. I think you'll see in the coming years that more teams will be switching to hurry up offenses with quick, YAC receivers and tight ends for mismatches and red zone targets.
    I used to call Brady overrated because of the scheme he played in, and get slammed for it. Then Brady got hurt, and Matt ****ing Cassell looked like a pro bowler.

Those same people who slammed me for calling Brady overrated wanted the Jets to sign Cassell the next year.

Imagine what this team would be like if Cassell was or QB.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123