Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    the numbers are gone now, everyone happy

vCash
    Tajh Boyd is missing. He might come out this year because he has been pretty impressive but there is a chance that he might return for his senior season. He's only 6'1 but he's a talented player who could do well in the right environment.

Personally, I think Brett Hundley will be a star. I like him more than both Mariota and Johnny Football.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJetsfan69 View Post
    I said that they were in no particular ranking or order.....I guess I shouldn't have put numbers.

Also, asked people to suggest other guys as well.
    My B. didn't mean for it to come off as an attack on ya. Missed that part.
    twitter.com/heymangold

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    i've said it before... bray is erik ainge all over again.

minus the drug abuse...
    oh the memories of me wanting either Ainge or Brett Ratliff to be our starting QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by $GangGr33n$ View Post
    oh the memories of me wanting either Ainge or Brett Ratliff to be our starting QB
    Don't feel bad; I was on the Erik Ainge bandwagon myself!
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    i think there's a common theme of people seeing 3rd stringers perform well against fringe NFL players in preseason games, then thinking those results will translate to actual NFL games against 1st and 2nd string talent.

i get why people would feel that way - they see a guy performing well and making good throws, so their mind instantly goes "hey, we've got a gem here!" - but there needs to be some context.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    We're not gonna end up with a quarterback better than Sanchez. We need to build a team around him. He is the only quarterback in the league with no o-line, run game, and receivers. The only one. Lets get him some help. We're still a win now team. Maybe not this year because of Revis and Holmes (although I'm expecting to make the playoffs), but our team is good enough to win now, like we almost did in 09 and 10. Get him a better o-line, get him good running backs, get him receivers that could catch. He isn't the problem.

vCash
    What about Dysert, he seems like a decent mid round QB.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Willie Joe Namaffff is #96fff?
    Yes, he is my 96th favorite JET, an absolute disgrace to JET Nation today. He is such a great JET that he feels the need to repeatedly throw his beloved team under the bus.

I get it was a different day and age back then, but he seemed to never apply himself, and rid raw talent. He wasnt even ALL that good...IMO Unitas and others are that era were far more talented.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Don't feel bad; I was on the Erik Ainge bandwagon myself!
    Mine was Kellen Clemons. Still feel the guy could have done it. He had the size, was a 1st roud prospect until he hurt his leg and fell to the 2nd.

He was mobile, had a good arm, and NEVER got a chance, other than the Baltimore game against a stacked Defense and led a comeback, except for Coles and McCairens had stone hands.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    What about AJ McCarron from Alabama? He's got the potential to be a good QB at the next level

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Mine was Kellen Clemons. Still feel the guy could have done it. He had the size, was a 1st roud prospect until he hurt his leg and fell to the 2nd.

He was mobile, had a good arm, and NEVER got a chance, other than the Baltimore game against a stacked Defense and led a comeback, except for Coles and McCairens had stone hands.
    I wanted to see him at least get a shot.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    Personally, I think Brett Hundley will be a star. I like him more than both Mariota and Johnny Football.
    I have no idea how I stumbled upon this thread in this forum, but I agree with this. Hundley is the real deal, and has the most NFL upside out of pretty much all his peers.

vCash
    where's brooks bollinger when you need him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Yes, he is my 96th favorite JET, an absolute disgrace to JET Nation today. He is such a great JET that he feels the need to repeatedly throw his beloved team under the bus.

I get it was a different day and age back then, but he seemed to never apply himself, and rid raw talent. He wasnt even ALL that good...IMO Unitas and others are that era were far more talented.
    You've got it part right. Joe Namath probably didn't put in the time and effort to be his best, but Bear Bryant called Namath "the best athlete I've ever seen."

It is such a shame that his knees were ruined. He played on such bad wheels and in so much pain, it is amazing that he played for 13 years. He had both knees replaced with prosthetics at the age of 49, and he had put it off for years, and luckily, the technology really got better.

Just about every thing I've seen and read says that Joe Namath had great mechanics, a strong accurate arm with, perhaps, the quickest release ever. Don Shula said Namath had, "the best arm I've ever seen." He had such a good arm that he thought he could fit the ball anywhere, and that's why he had so many INTs.

If you saw him up close, or even in the stands, you would marvel at how he could throw the football. I've told my story about meeting Joe Namath in 1968, I was 10. I got to see him beat the Dolphins 37-15 (12/01/68) from the sidelines, and in the stands when we beat the Bengals 27-14 (12/08/68). He threw the ball effortlessly, and beautifully.

John Unitas is an all-time great, but he had to work for everything he got. He was not a gifted athlete like Namath, but he was a great QB.

The 2 QBs of that era that came close to Namath were John Hadl and Daryle Lamonica.

Many people scoff at Namath because his completion % was 50.1. This must be compared to QBs of his era - Hadl had a career completion% of 50.4 and Lamonica was 49.5. Johnny Unitas was one of the best at 54.6%.

Anyway, there was no QB of his era that was "far more talented," than Joe Namath!

GO JETS!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast