Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

2014-2015 QB Prospects

We all know it and might as well face it. We are stuck with Mark Sanchez for 2013 and the 2013 QB class is terrible anyway. Fortunately, it is great for the trenches on both sides, so hopefully we can get some help protecting the guy we will hopefully draft in 2014, but it looks like 2015 will have the most talent.

Here are the potential prospects, in no order:

Johnny Manziel (redshirt freshman)
    -he'd probably have to win the heisman this year to come out next year as a redshirt sophmore

Aaron Murray

Tyler Bray

A.J. McCarron

Jeff Driskel (currently a soph)

Teddy Bridgewater (currently a soph)

Kevin Hogan (redshirt freshman)

Marcus Mariota (redshirt freshman)

Brett Hundley (redshirt freshman)

Hogan, Mariota, and Hundley probably won't come out until 2015 or 2016, but you never know.

My personal favorties are Manziel and Hogan. We might have to wait until 2016 and do a RG3 like trade, but I don't want to force the pick like we did with Sanchez.

Let me know if I missed anyone that should be considered, but I figured these guys are 1st round prospects when they come out.
    Last edited by NYJetsfan69; 11-30-2012 at 12:37 AM.

vCash
    Not a great class there either.

vCash
    Unless Tyler Bray gets a new head on his shoulders, this class will suck also.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Neh we're gonna win multiple super bowls by 2016!!

vCash
    I don't know.

We are talking about people who might be coming out of college in 2 years and whether we'd want them, and ignoring Greg McElroy who is already signed and on the squad.

I'd want to see what the lad can do before I'd even think about drafting a QB.

If he isnt good enough to even get a chance then cut the guy and bring in a veteran on a cheap salary who can at least contribute something in terms of knowledge and experience.

vCash
    Lots of stuff can happen - maybe not so much for next year, but who knows what 2014 will bring, and how QBs "fortunes" will rise and fall - but I truly appreciate your research, and information.

I saw that Johnny "Football" Manziel beat Alabama and just loved his moxie, and skills.

Wait a minute - he's only 6'1" so "He can't be a star in the NFL." - which I think is nonsense, although being 6'5" 245 lbs - doesn't hurt.

The 1st time we ever drafted "the great QB," was also our last - 1965 (even though his stats, by today's standards, are pretty weak).

Did you know that Joe Namath was the only Jet to be included in "The Sporting New's" list of the 100 Greatest Football Players, published in1999 - he was 96th.

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    Lots of stuff can happen - maybe not so much for next year, but who knows what 2014 will bring, and how QBs "fortunes" will rise and fall - but I truly appreciate your research, and information.

I saw that Johnny "Football" Manziel beat Alabama and just loved his moxie, and skills.

Wait a minute - he's only 6'1" so "He can't be a star in the NFL." - which I think is nonsense, although being 6'5" 245 lbs - doesn't hurt.

The 1st time we ever drafted "the great QB," was also our last - 1965 (even though his stats, by today's standards, are pretty weak).

Did you know that Joe Namath was the only Jet to be included in "The Sporting New's" list of the 100 Greatest Football Players, published in1999 - he was 96th.

GO JETS!!!
    Willie Joe Namaffff is #96fff?

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Bray will probably come out this year since Tennessee is in disarray, where he'll compete with Geno Smith for the top QB pick. This year's class is actually pretty solid. It's much too early to know how the class in 2014, much less 2015, will look.

vCash
    Your list is crazy. Aaron Murray is the most NFL ready QB out of those few. I think Mariota is second and Manziel 3rd. Manziel is a bit too small to be a great NFL QB. Who knows though. I think Manziel and Mariota are going to come out in 2 years, Murray possibly this year.
    twitter.com/heymangold

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Bray will probably come out this year since Tennessee is in disarray, where he'll compete with Geno Smith for the top QB pick. This year's class is actually pretty solid. It's much too early to know how the class in 2014, much less 2015, will look.
    Bray is a flaming inaccurate douchecanoe. His intangibles are off-the-charts terrible.

vCash
    Bray is a meat-head, no doubt, but he's nothing worse than the guy currently taking snaps for the Jets. I'd bet he'll grow up, but either way he's a talented QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Bray is a flaming inaccurate douchecanoe. His intangibles are off-the-charts terrible.
    It's a pity too because he has the most arm talent in the draft.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    i've said it before... bray is erik ainge all over again.

minus the drug abuse...
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Bray is a meat-head, no doubt, but he's nothing worse than the guy currently taking snaps for the Jets. I'd bet he'll grow up, but either way he's a talented QB.
    So the Jets should spend a 1st round pick on a QB just because he's better than Sanchez?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrnclss View Post
    Your list is crazy. Aaron Murray is the most NFL ready QB out of those few. I think Mariota is second and Manziel 3rd. Manziel is a bit too small to be a great NFL QB. Who knows though. I think Manziel and Mariota are going to come out in 2 years, Murray possibly this year.
    I said that they were in no particular ranking or order.....I guess I shouldn't have put numbers.

Also, asked people to suggest other guys as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast