Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: How many games, if any, will Rondo be suspended?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

    0 0%
  • 1

    1 4.55%
  • 2-3

    15 68.18%
  • 4-5

    4 18.18%
  • 5+

    2 9.09%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 82
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Manchester, CT
    Posts
    2,348
    vCash
    1500

    Rondo suspended 2 games

    I speak for every person who has read this thread.

    Bags, please stop posting on all topics related to Rajon Rondo. Your credibility on this topic has been gone since your incorrect claims of the past two seasons and so far, this season.

    The patriots forum is where you bring positive insight. I'd suggest you continue to focus your time in there. Thank you for understanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    36,785
    vCash
    6500
    I hate Rondo, but I love what he did.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,353
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan2007 View Post
    I speak for every person who has read this thread.

    Bags, please stop posting on all topics related to Rajon Rondo. Your credibility on this topic has been gone since your incorrect claims of the past two seasons and so far, this season.

    The patriots forum is where you bring positive insight. I'd suggest you continue to focus your time in there. Thank you for understanding.
    I don't.....Listen, I enjoy Bagwell368 postings. I find him very knowledgeable about most subject matter discussed.

    If someone doesn't agree with your point, it doesn't make it incorrect. I feel that there are many ways at looking at certain issues/ topic. Look at it from angle^......... Everything isn't right or wrong.

    Meaning, that there are many sides but truth can be found in each.


    As for Rondo, he has maturity issues, fact. His actions don't help the Celtics....it doesn't. I can assure you that Wyc/ Danny did not care for it at all. It doesn't make the Celtics look tough. In fact, you could say it makes them look weak/vulnerable. It would appear that Boston is cracking a bit.

    It was a poor choice by Rondo. Rondo/ Celtic should focus more on details/ practice/ execution, than on Kris Humpries simple foul.

    LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

    " The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,353
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    doc will be working on the teammates attitudes or perhaps da with a trade or two. This is the turning point for nothing other than the sneaking suspicion we'll do well to make the #6 seed led by our new leader - rondo. Yup they sure have gelled under his leadership.
    ^+1

    LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

    " The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    38,376
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan2007 View Post
    I speak for every person who has read this thread.
    False.

    Bags, please stop posting on all topics related to Rajon Rondo. Your credibility on this topic has been gone since your incorrect claims of the past two seasons and so far, this season.
    By all means, please expound on how I am wrong? I'd love to see you come forward with an actual set of arguments, instead of inuendo.

    The patriots forum is where you bring positive insight. I'd suggest you continue to focus your time in there. Thank you for understanding.
    Positive insight? The Pats and Red Sox boards are populated by a fairly balanced mix. Unlike the rah rah, Celts never made a mistake crowd here. Maybe you need the adjustment to reality to see the truth? Failing that, put me on ignore.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    38,376
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    waiting for the inevitable trade rondo for a mediocre pg and a draft pick suggestion from you bags

    So now he isn't even top 50 in the league? Your ignorance is undeniable




    I guess Kevin Garnett isn't a leader either since he's been thrown out of playoff games before. So has Paul Pierce. The captain is DEFIANTLY not a leader.
    I counted it out this morning, so far this year only, I have him at #42 - at best. The blindness of those that claim he's top 20 or #7 in the MVP race? Manifest blindness. Heck, you called Gortat a bit above an average Center....

    Please by all means demonstrate what mediocre PG I have advocated Rondo be traded for in the past? And then demonstrate it was wrong given what was known to be true then. Good luck. CP3? Remember how many people here wouldn't deal Rondo for CP3 - even with an extension? Seriously, are you kidding me? Curry? I said only with a clean bill of health on his feet/ankles (and also supported by others here).

    KG is a leader, and the leader of this team since the day he came. He's also a top 15 all time player and HOF'er. He's been known to do stupid things, but they are far out weighed by his other behavior as a leader and as a player. Comparing Rondo to KG is pathetic.

    PP was given the C before KG got here. He's not a bad leader and in conjunction with KG they had a very nice run for a time, but make no mistake KG was the guy here in this era.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 11-30-2012 at 11:24 AM.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,513
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan2007 View Post
    I speak for every person who has read this thread.

    Bags, please stop posting on all topics related to Rajon Rondo. Your credibility on this topic has been gone since your incorrect claims of the past two seasons and so far, this season.

    The patriots forum is where you bring positive insight. I'd suggest you continue to focus your time in there. Thank you for understanding.
    I'll second ^^^.
    Current
    Rajon Rondo, Phil Pressey
    Jerryd Bayless, Chris Babb
    Jeff Green, Chris Johnson
    Brandon Bass, Jared Sullinger
    Kris Humphries, Kelly Olynyk, Joel Anthony

    Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

    Colton Iverson (stashed overseas)

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,513
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    I don't.....Listen, I enjoy Bagwell368 postings. I find him very knowledgeable about most subject matter discussed.

    If someone doesn't agree with your point, it doesn't make it incorrect. I feel that there are many ways at looking at certain issues/ topic. Look at it from angle^......... Everything isn't right or wrong.

    Meaning, that there are many sides but truth can be found in each.


    As for Rondo, he has maturity issues, fact. His actions don't help the Celtics....it doesn't. I can assure you that Wyc/ Danny did not care for it at all. It doesn't make the Celtics look tough. In fact, you could say it makes them look weak/vulnerable. It would appear that Boston is cracking a bit.

    It was a poor choice by Rondo. Rondo/ Celtic should focus more on details/ practice/ execution, than on Kris Humpries simple foul.
    You are talking about the same DA that once instigated the fight with Tree Rollins, right? 6'4" dude going after a 7'0" guy? Ainge earned a reputation not dissimilar from that of Rondo with the exception that Ainge was not expected to lead. Might be why DA likes and has stuck by Rondo?

    A comparison might also drawn between Ainge and Jeff Green - When Ainge came to the Celtics from baseball he got off to a terribly slow, horrendous start and then grew into an integral part of a championship team. Not ready to pull the plug on Jeff Green just yet.
    Current
    Rajon Rondo, Phil Pressey
    Jerryd Bayless, Chris Babb
    Jeff Green, Chris Johnson
    Brandon Bass, Jared Sullinger
    Kris Humphries, Kelly Olynyk, Joel Anthony

    Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

    Colton Iverson (stashed overseas)

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Manchester, CT
    Posts
    2,348
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan2007 View Post
    I speak for every person who has read this thread.

    Bags, please stop posting on all topics related to Rajon Rondo. Your credibility on this topic has been gone since your incorrect claims of the past two seasons and so far, this season.

    The patriots forum is where you bring positive insight. I'd suggest you continue to focus your time in there. Thank you for understanding.
    I'll second ^^^.
    Thank you.

    As for bags, I don't need to point out any of your incorrect claims about rondo as anyone who has been on this board for long enough has seen your blind hatred for rondo has clearly cloud your judgement on anything related to him at this point. You have been hell bent on tearing down rondos reputation on this forum ever since his first hiccup as a youngster.

    I'm not going to sit here and debate with someone about a topic that they have held a stance on for 3+ years. Every time rondo does something good or great you give him a brownie point, however every time he does something even slightly questionable you continue to bring up the same old argument that has no validity because you just can't stand to admit the fact the YOU were wrong about Rajon Rondo the basketball the player.

    If there was a way to ignore you on the celtics board and not in the sox/pats forums I would do so. But since there's not I will continue to belittle any arguments many by you pertaining to Rondo. Your value in the sox and patriots forums is greatly valued by myself and most other posters, however when it comes to rondo I can't take what you say seriously anymore. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    38,376
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan2007 View Post
    Thank you.

    As for bags, I don't need to point out any of your incorrect claims about rondo as anyone who has been on this board for long enough has seen your blind hatred for rondo has clearly cloud your judgement on anything related to him at this point. You have been hell bent on tearing down rondos reputation on this forum ever since his first hiccup as a youngster.
    You still have failed to prove anything I have said is a lie. All you have done is take a position with opinions and innuendos. Where is the beef?

    I'm not going to sit here and debate with someone about a topic that they have held a stance on for 3+ years.
    I wasn't against Rondo before the 2010-2011 season having said before that that he had a good shot at the HOF.

    Every time rondo does something good or great you give him a brownie point,
    Sometimes, not every time.

    however every time he does something even slightly questionable you continue to bring up the same old argument that has no validity because you just can't stand to admit the fact the YOU were wrong about Rajon Rondo the basketball the player.
    My arguments are all different, fueled by the great deal of missteps Rondo has had since college. I am not wrong about Rondo, I am right, surrounded mostly by knee jerk fans with no sense of history or proportion - either Celtic history or the NBA or real life.

    If there was a way to ignore you on the celtics board and not in the sox/pats forums I would do so. But since there's not I will continue to belittle any arguments many by you pertaining to Rondo.
    Belittle? You won't get anywhere with no facts - outside of the Rondo suck ups already polluting this board. Too bad 00-03-32-33-44 isn't here anymore, he'd add a classic touch to the proceedings.

    Your value in the sox and patriots forums is greatly valued by myself and most other posters, however when it comes to rondo I can't take what you say seriously anymore. Sorry.
    You are entitled to your opinion, which is the only thing you have presented here. Opinion. Make with the facts, or join the other Rondo uber alles folks - watching with dread as their hero continues to fail to take over the team.

    The only hope your side has is to leave me alone. The more spite and ignorance thrown at me, the harder and longer I will fight.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 11-30-2012 at 04:10 PM.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    38,376
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    You are talking about the same DA that once instigated the fight with Tree Rollins, right? 6'4" dude going after a 7'0" guy? Ainge earned a reputation not dissimilar from that of Rondo with the exception that Ainge was not expected to lead. Might be why DA likes and has stuck by Rondo?

    A comparison might also drawn between Ainge and Jeff Green - When Ainge came to the Celtics from baseball he got off to a terribly slow, horrendous start and then grew into an integral part of a championship team. Not ready to pull the plug on Jeff Green just yet.
    Ainge was very chippy. But he was coachable (in college and the pros). He played hard on nights he wasn't on National TV. He didn't break film equipment, yell at photographers, or start fights with Max that I know about.

    Ainge was also not bandied about as a leader, top 10 player in the league, and MVP candidate - but he could shoot the ball, couldn't he?

    DA has tried very hard to deal Rondo on several occasions according to reports. That DA standing behind Rondo?

    I'd expect a better recounting of history out of a vet than your write-up.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western MA
    Posts
    592
    vCash
    1500
    DA has tried very hard to deal Rondo on several occasions
    To me, trying very hard means that he would have accepted a lesser deal centered around very average value coming back in return. He hasn't shipped him out yet which tells me that he refuses to get robbed just to move the guy. He must value RR fairly highly. He is a top 5 PG in basketball in many expert opinions.

    Rose
    CP3
    Westbrook
    Rondo
    Williams
    Irving
    Jennings
    Ty Lawson
    Steph Curry
    Lowry
    Nash

    I know it's very subjective, but that's how I see em.


    2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

    RONDO / PRESSEY
    BRADLEY / BAYLESS / JOHNSON
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS
    BASS / HUMPHRIES / FAVERANI
    SULLINGER / OLYNYK / ANTHONY


  13. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    22,589
    vCash
    8600
    Deron is without a doubt better than Rondo, and Kyrie could be by the end of the season.

    Also, no Parker on that list? For shame


    #BostonStrong

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    38,376
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish Post View Post
    To me, trying very hard means that he would have accepted a lesser deal centered around very average value coming back in return. He hasn't shipped him out yet which tells me that he refuses to get robbed just to move the guy. He must value RR fairly highly. He is a top 5 PG in basketball in many expert opinions.

    Rose
    CP3
    Westbrook
    Rondo
    Williams
    Irving
    Jennings
    Ty Lawson
    Steph Curry
    Lowry
    Nash

    I know it's very subjective, but that's how I see em.
    As of now Parker, Kidd (final burst of glory this year), Lowry and Williams are better than Rondo IMO, as are the other 3 you list above. That makes Rondo #7 - at the tail end of the top 25% of the PG's in the NBA - which seems very fair.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,863
    vCash
    1500
    why didnt humphries get any punishment?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •