Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How many games, if any, will Rondo be suspended?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

0 0%

1 4.55%
  • 2-3

15 68.18%
  • 4-5

4 18.18%
  • 5+

2 9.09%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumstock View Post
    Did Rondo screw your daughter or something?
    We've been wondering this for some time. Bags takes Rondo waaaaay to personally for it not to be something pretty outrageous..
    Current
    Rajon Rondo, Phil Pressey
    Jerryd Bayless, Chris Babb
    Jeff Green, Chris Johnson
    Brandon Bass, Jared Sullinger
    Kris Humphries, Kelly Olynyk, Joel Anthony

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

Colton Iverson (stashed overseas)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Penetrate View Post
    I'm not a Celtics fan but I love Rondo. Ever since his days at Oak Hill and of course UK. I think he is a throw back type of player. I wish more players were like him. He's fiercely competitive, hard-nosed, and not afraid of anyone. He's a student of game, and a coach on the court. It's only fair to say he does deserve a suspension, just 2 games.
    Amen!

I wish Boston had a roster full of players with Rondo's characteristics.
    Current

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    ^this.

I have no problem with what Rondo did (well i wish he didn't escalate it into the crowd) We've had a reputation of being a united team, and none of this "friendly" ******** opposing teams have these days. Mess with one of our guys, and we'll come after you, and I'm fine with that. Everyone else is an enemy. Guys like KG, Rondo, Pierce, Terry fit that mold. We need the others to buy into it and play with that same passion and emotion. That includes, Green, Lee, Sully etc. These guys need to show some fire and hopefully in Rondo's absence they step up.
    I agree! I have absolutely no issue with Rondo for stepping up. I actually think it might have been premeditated to draw a "T" and fire his team up. It got blown all out of proportion... kinda a whimpy / causal push to start a melee, wasn't it?
    Current

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

vCash
    Two games is just... and well worth it if it adjusted some teammates attitudes. Good to see so many fans have his back too.
    Current

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    No buddy, 3rd/4th in terms of leadership, and if you think Rondo is playing like a top 10 NBA player, you are drinking too much green Mountain Dew. He's not even in the top 50.
    Not top 50? Guess who's 7th on this list?

Race to the MVP rankings

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    Not top 50? Guess who's 7th on this list?

Race to the MVP rankings
    I'm talking actual rankings of NBA players, not some effed up MVP list written by a douche that has Carmelo at #2 . "buzz" is not equal to quality of play as we can see from this sad list.

Rondo will get his 8 ten thousands of the MVP vote like he did last year, which is still too high, hope at least to you that it makes up for his being a moody ***** and the Celts going to hell with him as the team "leader". It does nothing for me to see my team in the thrall of this toolbag.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Two games is just... and well worth it if it adjusted some teammates attitudes. Good to see so many fans have his back too.
    Doc will be working on the teammates attitudes or perhaps DA with a trade or two. This is the turning point for nothing other than the sneaking suspicion we'll do well to make the #6 seed led by our new leader - Rondo. Yup they sure have gelled under his leadership.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Amen!

I wish Boston had a roster full of players with Rondo's characteristics.
    Like what?

Moody? Petulent? Hands of stone? Passing up the right play to stat pad? Refusing coaching every step of the way over the past 10 years? Unable to coexist with other key players? Throwing hissy fits with film equipment? You can have a team full of dirt bags like that as long as my team has none.

vCash
    I'm talking actual rankings of NBA players, not some effed up MVP list written by a douche that has Carmelo at #2 . "buzz" is not equal to quality of play as we can see from this sad list.
    You obviously prefer to use the Bagwell rankings, eh?
    Current

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

vCash
    No buddy, 3rd/4th in terms of leadership, and if you think Rondo is playing like a top 10 NBA player, you are drinking too much green Mountain Dew. He's not even in the top 50.

He's still not playing as well as he did in 2008-2009 and 2009-2010. His D is off this year (worst of his career IMO) which more than offsets his improvements in shooting.

No sale.
    waiting for the inevitable trade rondo for a mediocre pg and a draft pick suggestion from you bags

So now he isn't even top 50 in the league? Your ignorance is undeniable

I guess Kevin Garnett isn't a leader either since he's been thrown out of playoff games before. So has Paul Pierce. The captain is DEFIANTLY not a leader.
    Last edited by Sportfan; 11-29-2012 at 11:20 PM.

vCash
    Bruce Bowen
    How many guys in the league today are MORE CONCERNED with protecting a teammate, than ending the streak of a personal goal? LOVE RONDO!!!

vCash

He's still not playing as well as he did in 2008-2009 and 2009-2010. His D is off this year (worst of his career IMO) which more than offsets his improvements in shooting.

No sale.
    Not even in the top 50? I understand some of your points but this one just lowers credibility. On the real.

vCash
    It actually might come to trading Rondo. Something has to give. He's a throughbred being asked to play with Clydesdales. Both are quality horses but very different in what they do.

I would hate to see him traded with KG and Pierce all but retired.... I could see both hanging them up after this season.

Rondo is such a unique talent that it might be difficult to place a value on him. What current player would he compare to? I know I would want an all-star caliber pg in return and more.

The real move to be made, but one that will not happen, is to trade Pierce (and a guard - Lee?) for a big.
    Current

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishmin View Post
    Not even in the top 50? I understand some of your points but this one just lowers credibility. On the real.
    If we consider credibility related to objectivity, then when it comes to Rondo Bags has no credibility. On other subject matter he can be quite credible.
    Current

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

vCash
    rondo not being a top 50 player is one of the worst quotes of all time i know you can do better
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe Bryant
    "You don't want Rondo? Send him my way," Kobe declared. "I love everything about him. Everything. I love his attitude, I love his chippiness, his edge, his intellect, his know-it-allness. All of it. That's what makes championship players.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast