Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How many games, if any, will Rondo be suspended?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

0 0%

1 4.55%
  • 2-3

15 68.18%
  • 4-5

4 18.18%
  • 5+

2 9.09%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    We will be able to see the Rondo/Green (as in Celtics not the player) suck ups from the objective fans over this.

There is no excuse. Frustrated? Too bad. Go beat them on the floor. Now he's cost his team and himself a great deal, over what? An average foul and a flop? Rondo has no sense of proportion - at all. Not a leader. A fine #3 or #4 guy maybe. That's it. The Celts are in the hands of an infant.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 11-29-2012 at 04:51 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    I say 3-4 games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    Yeah im thinking NBA will look hard at this. I say 3-5 games, it would have been a game, but when players get anywere near the fans now, David Stern will not think twice.

My question isn't from the NBA side. My question is what is Wyc, Danny, Doc thinking right now. My guess is Rondo just re- enterd the " Dog House. "

Im sure the Celtic players are not happy with Rondo. Listen, the Celtics are not that good right now. They/ Celtics are getting pushed around. I don't see a change unless a trade is made.

The Nets are a better team right now than Boston, period. Now that can change but Boston has huge questions.

I think Boston is worse right now than I thought they would be, at this point in the season (eyebrow slightly raised).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent33 View Post
    Although, as Doc pointed out last night, this team is soft and the rest of the league knows it. For the short term(however long Rondo's suspension lasts) this does not bode well for Boston, but maybe Rondo's actions provide a spark that this team needs for the rest of the season?
    ^this.

I have no problem with what Rondo did (well i wish he didn't escalate it into the crowd) We've had a reputation of being a united team, and none of this "friendly" ******** opposing teams have these days. Mess with one of our guys, and we'll come after you, and I'm fine with that. Everyone else is an enemy. Guys like KG, Rondo, Pierce, Terry fit that mold. We need the others to buy into it and play with that same passion and emotion. That includes, Green, Lee, Sully etc. These guys need to show some fire and hopefully in Rondo's absence they step up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    We will be able to see the Rondo/Green suck ups from the objective fans over this.

There is no excuse. Frustrated? Too bad. Go beat them on the floor. Now he's cost his team and himself a great deal, over what? An average foul and a flop? Rondo has no sense of proportion - at all. Not a leader. A fine #3 or #4 guy maybe. That's it. The Celts are in the hands of an infant.
    Even though Rondo has played like a top 10 player this season, we're going back to the days of bags calling Rondo the 4th best player on the team

vCash

Rondo suspended 2 games

ESPNBoston ‏@ESPNBoston
    Ainge says Rajon Rondo suspended two games
    Sounds about right. Less than I thought actually.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    Even though Rondo has played like a top 10 player this season, we're going back to the days of bags calling Rondo the 4th best player on the team
    No buddy, 3rd/4th in terms of leadership, and if you think Rondo is playing like a top 10 NBA player, you are drinking too much green Mountain Dew. He's not even in the top 50.

He's still not playing as well as he did in 2008-2009 and 2009-2010. His D is off this year (worst of his career IMO) which more than offsets his improvements in shooting.

No sale.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Got 2 games

vCash

vCash
    Counting from his Feb 2012 2 game suspension until these 2 games are served, it will make 5 games lost to suspensions including playoffs out of a possible 58 games played.

Who needs McFilthy or McNasty when we have Rondo!

vCash
    Counting from his Feb 2012 2 game suspension until these 2 games are served, it will make 5 games lost to suspensions including playoffs out of a possible 58 games played.

Who needs McFilthy or McNasty when we have Rondo!
    You can't appreciate the player we have in Rondo. He might be immature and have some big flaws but he is a competitor and has a big heart. When Rondo is gone a lot of Boston fans will be missing him. Yesterday brawl was stupid and immature from Rondo but I am glad his streak is gone he was pressing to much. You could say he can't shoot jumper or free throws but there are a few players that stepped like him in the playoffs. Enjoy how he is playing and to stop showcasing his flaws and diminishing his strengths.

vCash
    No buddy, 3rd/4th in terms of leadership, and if you think Rondo is playing like a top 10 NBA player, you are drinking too much green Mountain Dew. He's not even in the top 50.

He's still not playing as well as he did in 2008-2009 and 2009-2010. His D is off this year (worst of his career IMO) which more than offsets his improvements in shooting.

No sale.
    Did Rondo screw your daughter or something?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mets100% View Post
    You can't appreciate the player we have in Rondo.
    Excuse me, I appreciate what Rondo is and does.

He might be immature and have some big flaws but he is a competitor and has a big heart.
    That's wonderful. It doesn't make him a leader. Nor does it make him someone you can trust under stress.

When Rondo is gone a lot of Boston fans will be missing him.
    If he can't grow up, I won't be one of them.

Yesterday brawl was stupid and immature from Rondo but I am glad his streak is gone he was pressing to much. You could say he can't shoot jumper or free throws but there are a few players that stepped like him in the playoffs. Enjoy how he is playing and to stop showcasing his flaws and diminishing his strengths.
    A leader steps up every night, not just in the playoffs or on National TV.

I'm in a place where Rondo is worshiped regardless of how far he falls or how ridiculous he looks. I'll keep on pointing out all the ways this Celtic "leader" does not meet the criteria needed to match the Celtic leaders of the past 47 years I have seen with my own eyes. Rondo has yet to earn his place as a leader. An exciting talented player with flaws as wide as the Grand Canyon simply doesn't get anointed leader. He earns it. Thanks for dropping by.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumstock View Post
    Did Rondo screw your daughter or something?
    No he stuck it in your ear, and it fit.

vCash
    No he stuck it in your ear, and it fit.
    lmaoo

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieB23Ricky View Post
    All im gonna say is im glad that was the first meeting against them cuz when we get fully healthy we are gonna rape them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent33 View Post
    Although, as Doc pointed out last night, this team is soft and the rest of the league knows it. For the short term(however long Rondo's suspension lasts) this does not bode well for Boston, but maybe Rondo's actions provide a spark that this team needs for the rest of the season?
    We can only hope.

Although artificial stimuli like this are usually short lived.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast