Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    You package 2-3 of guys for Gordon, while we still have Mazzoni for 2014; Montero and Urbina in 2015. Familia; Mejia, and Tapia for Gordon. Gordon will give you at worst .350 OBP/.440 SLG along w/ solid defense; 10 - 15 SB's, and he's 29 and locked up til 2016 for about 11 mil per year average. Sign Pelfrey; Chris Young, and Chien-Ming Wang as insurance, move Flores to second(if Murph falters or gets injured, he can play at 2B), resign Torres as a cheap 4th outfielder and lets roll.

Rotation:
    Santana(til July, Wheeler after); Harvey, Gee, Niese, Dickey

CF- Kirk; RF- Duda(w/ some time at LF and 1B); LF - Gordon, 2B - Murphy, 3B - Wright, SS - Tejada, 1B - Ike, C - Stoppach/Thole

Bench:
    Torres, V-Spin, Turner, Baxter

Insurance pitchers:
    Young; Pelf, Ming-Wang

You have still have Flores; Maz, Dekker, Puello, and Lagares for this year and next, while you have Montero/Umbina/Nimno a ways away. Sure 2013 would probably be a .500 or 85 win season, however you'd be very close to making the playoffs in 2014. Get Cory Hart or Kendry in 2014, along with picking up a Freddy Garcia or David Phelps # 5 starter who can pitch in the rotation decently or the bullpen, and you have a legit pennant competing team in 2014.
    LOL you post some entertaining scenarios. And i like how you name all these guys in the minors that we have right now and say "we still have ........ " making it sound like thats a good thing. If all those minor leaguers u mention that we'd "stll have" end up being on our 25 man roster at once, that means we suck terribly and will continue to suck. Do you think all our minors guys are gonna be good? Most of them will amount to nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paletsgomets View Post
    the guy is a career 284 hitter, thats how you become and stay a good teams for years to come, not trading for guys like brandon hicks who will give the Mets nothing, I love how all the fans are talking about 2014, when the Braves and Nationals will be tough for the next 7 to 10 years, because they improve their teams every year as where we pray and hope we might start in 2014 nobody knows
    There are better players out there than Denard Span in FA next year.

Would you part with a top pitching prospect for a .284 hitter with little power and 17 steals last year?

Give me a break.

vCash
    The Nationals made this move obviously because they didn't want to pay Bourn.

We need to face the idea that 2013 has no major FA coming and possibly no trades of signifance.

That doesn't mean they can't add a Corey Hart and/or other OF that can help us compete.

A move like the Nationals made today is a "win now" type move and this team is not winning now.

This team should be steady win loss wise next year if they resign Wright and Dickey. Its not like they will win 55 to 60 and need complete rebuilding.

You win 75 games next year with two developing possible aces and Hart/other OFs can make this a playoff team.

The second wildcard team in the NL could win 85-88 games to be a playoff team. The Mets are not far away from that with the right u.pgrades
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-29-2012 at 08:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    LOL you post some entertaining scenarios. And i like how you name all these guys in the minors that we have right now and say "we still have ........ " making it sound like thats a good thing. If all those minor leaguers u mention that we'd "stll have" end up being on our 25 man roster at once, that means we suck terribly and will continue to suck. Do you think all our minors guys are gonna be good? Most of them will amount to nothing.
    No not at all, 1 in 4 minor leaguers pan out. We're 3 legit pitchers(If Gee doesn't rebound off that injury) and 2 legit outfielders from being a playoff team. Harvey or Wheeler will pan out(hopefully both, but definitely one of them will be good for us in 2014 and on); between Kirk; V-Spin; Dekker, Lagares, and Puello we'll get one of us guys to be a decent(decent, not great) starting outfielder for us by 2014. Get another legit outfielder in 2014, sign a proven #5 pitcher or two and put them in the bullpen(have them start in case someone gets injured), and have a platoon at one of the corner outfield spots.

The "we still have" guys are a reference to Young Stunna, who said a move for Gordon would deplete the farm.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The Nationals made this move obviously because they didn't want to pay Bourn.

We need to face the idea that 2013 has no major FA coming and possibly no trades of signifance.

That doesn't mean they can't add a Corey Hart and/or other OF that can help us compete.

A move like the Nationals made today is a "win now" type move and this team is not winning now.

This team should be steady win loss wise next year if they resign Wright and Dickey. Its not like they will win 55 to 60 and need complete rebuilding.

You win 75 games next year with two developing possible aces and Hart/other OFs can make this a playoff team.

The second wildcard team in the NL could win 85-88 games to be a playoff team. The Mets are not far away from that with the right u.pgrades
    I agree totally. I think that if they make a decent move to upgrade the offense this year, and then next year sign one or two of the big OFers, I think we'll be right back in the race. Hart would be IDEAL to me

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Give that man a "harumph."
    Harumph!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzbhbetwYFU

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    who cares..... don't be posting trades and FA signings of other teams in the Mets thread. People that care what other teams are doing will find out in the MLB forum.

There's nothing to talk about in here and he wasn't much of an option for us anyway. Meyer is good and is now the Twins 3rd overall prospect.

Would you have wanted to trade Wheeler or Familia or even Flores or Nimmo for Span straight up?

If not, then there's nothing to discuss.
    Probably Familia or Fulmer + minor prospect for Span. I wouldn't have done that either. No way would Wheeler be an option in a deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Always good to know someone's keeping up.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    What would it take outside of Wheeler/Tejada/Ike/Niese/Gee/Dickey//Harvey/Wright?
    Divine intervention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Why should I really care? I don't want to come to the Met forum and see Nationals and Braves threads.
    With teams like the Braves and Nationals filling their CF spots, it shortens the lists of teams looking to sign other CF free agents, or trade for CFers, bringing their price down, helping the Mets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12