Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Spam idea

vCash

Spam idea

I thought it would be a great idea, that if a poster has under 100 posts and they try to create a thread, it must be sent to the mods forum for approval. Mods can then approve the thread, and the thread becomes active in the respective forum, or they see that the thread is spam, and they can easily delete it and ban the user without any harm to the site. What do you all think?

vCash
    they'll just hide it in other threads like they have started doing.
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    they'll just hide it in other threads like they have started doing.
    Then make new users fill out a common sense questionnaire when they sign up to ensure that they are human rather than the checkbox. Not sure if the email confirmation took away all the bots as most spam all looks the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post
    Then make new users fill out a common sense questionnaire when they sign up to ensure that they are human rather than the checkbox. Not sure if the email confirmation took away all the bots as most spam all looks the same.
    There already is one. Just report and delete.

vCash
    I thought we already mentioned this idea lol

Born a Knick Live a Knick Die a Knick
    Knicks-Jets-Yanks-Chris Paul-St.Johns-Duke Fan

vCash
    I guess they have the question thing, and captcha so i'm told. But the spam is def out of control here, it's the only forum I go to that has any spam yet alone spam all day long. I think I banned 15 or so spammers today and one homophobe
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

vCash
    Was the homophobe a spammer or was that unrelated?

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    ugh... this suggestion have been suggested a thousand times. it wouldn't work because they'll just post in regular threads.

and spam-o-matic basically does this automatically.

vCash
    Yeah, once version 4.0 is implemented we will be able to get a better handle on these idiots. For now our goal is to continue to ban them and keep them from going deep into threads where they will be much more difficult to deal with.

These spammers are not robots...they are real people who are payed to posts this stuff all over the internet. They are very skilled at getting around spam filters and other methods of keeping them away. Because they are human, they are able to adjust on the fly and modify their tactics.

I've dealt with them before and we'll get them under control. I just need the proper tools...and version 4.0 of the forum is coming.