Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    I believe he actualy wrote a letter to Banks saying that he felt Phoenix was the best possible situation for him. I'm sure he's not overjoyed abut the situation but some here are making mountains out of mole hills.

Marshall is waaay more athletic than some people seem to think too. Look at his athletic testing numbers from the combine and you'll see that in alot of drills he's above average. It was just his agility that was one of the worst in the combine. Guaranteed he's still a more explosive athlete than Nash. You watch those d-league games or even the the small amount of game time he's had with the Suns and you don't think 'oh that guy isn't athletic'. Just because he doesn't dunk over guys doesn't mean he's a scrub.

I don't think we need to be speculating about if he wants to be here/his work ethic/if he's a bust or not at this point of his career. After Dragic signed I think we all knew he wasn't going to get much in the way of playing time and over the summer it was made clear that Marshall had a few things to work this year before he hits the floor.

As for the Woj tweet, I don't completely agree. He's definitely not playing well but we're all aware that Marshalls game is based on chemistry and having guys that can put the ball in the basket; two things that you don't always have in the D-league. The fact that he can't shoot for s**t is obviously not helping his case. If he was just an average shooter his numbers would look a whole lot better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    I believe he actualy wrote a letter to Banks saying that he felt Phoenix was the best possible situation for him. I'm sure he's not overjoyed abut the situation but some here are making mountains out of mole hills.

Marshall is waaay more athletic than some people seem to think too. Look at his athletic testing numbers from the combine and you'll see that in alot of drills he's above average. It was just his agility that was one of the worst in the combine. Guaranteed he's still a more explosive athlete than Nash. You watch those d-league games or even the the small amount of game time he's had with the Suns and you don't think 'oh that guy isn't athletic'. Just because he doesn't dunk over guys doesn't mean he's a scrub.

I don't think we need to be speculating about if he wants to be here/his work ethic/if he's a bust or not at this point of his career. After Dragic signed I think we all knew he wasn't going to get much in the way of playing time and over the summer it was made clear that Marshall had a few things to work this year before he hits the floor.

As for the Woj tweet, I don't completely agree. He's definitely not playing well but we're all aware that Marshalls game is based on chemistry and having guys that can put the ball in the basket; two things that you don't always have in the D-league. The fact that he can't shoot for s**t is obviously not helping his case. If he was just an average shooter his numbers would look a whole lot better.
    Great post!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    makes sense, a pass-first pg playing with scrubs? disaster. very insightful bro!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    I remember seeing a video that appeared to make him out to be upset. But I did also read that he was hoping to be drafted by us too. So who knows.
    I think that's what I remember. Thanks King.

vCash

vCash
    That's a crappy article. Says he struggled in summer league but he only struggled his first 2 games, only problem was shooting. Says he hasn't made the transition to the NBA even though he hasn't even played 20 minutes to prove it and in limited minutes he hasn't stunk the place up. 'Scout' says he's not athletic enough to bring the ball up the floor which is just complete bull****. His only problem is shooting and that's something that can be fixed.

I'm not a huge Marshall fan at this point but i hate seeing articles/fans put the guy down when he hasn't even done anything yet. We ALL knew from the moment Dragic was signed that Marshall would be our 3rd PG. While he's been somewhat of a non-event to this point, he hasn't done anything bad to us either. There was little chance he'd out play Telfair (a vet who knows the system) so I don't understand the fuss.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345