Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    Since Sarver bought the team we have traded or sold at something like 6 first round picks. And its clear our draft scouting is lacking. We are NOT building through the draft. We have ONE rotation player on a rookie contract. Thats absurd. Its impossible to claim we have been using the draft as a focus. And if money is all the team cares about then they should load up on picks because its the most cost effective way to acquire new talent.

A list of players drafted using picks the Sarver era Suns owned but never played for the Suns:
    Lou Deng
    Nate Robinson
    Rajon Rondo
    Nikola Mirotic
    Quincy Pondexter
    Serge Ibaka

... our misuse of the draft is criminal.
    Sarver knows that it's better financially to sell picks for cash than pay the measly rookie salaries (hence why we always have the league minimum rostered players).

I totally agree that building through the Draft is the cheapest avenue IF your priority is winning a Championship. However, Sarverís priority is getting the best return on investment for himself and his investors, which means ideally making the Playoffs every season (but never having a real chance of winning a Championship), having a ready-made franchise player to bring in the merchandise sales (as opposed to developing a franchise player which is risky and time consuming), and avoiding luxury tax at all costs (even at the expense of a legitimate Championship run).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    Sarver knows that it's better financially to sell picks for cash than pay the measly rookie salaries (hence why we always have the league minimum rostered players).

I totally agree that building through the Draft is the cheapest avenue IF your priority is winning a Championship. However, Sarverís priority is getting the best return on investment for himself and his investors, which means ideally making the Playoffs every season (but never having a real chance of winning a Championship), having a ready-made franchise player to bring in the merchandise sales (as opposed to developing a franchise player which is risky and time consuming), and avoiding luxury tax at all costs (even at the expense of a legitimate Championship run).
    Exactly bro!!! Thank you!!! This is exactly what I mean.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    By the way back on topic has Marshall debuted yet in the D-League and if so what was his stat line. please .
    http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/201...t2hp2021200029

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    Exactly bro!!! Thank you!!! This is exactly what I mean.
    You can always count on me for a Sarver bashing

IMO, don't buy a sports franchise if you want to make money. Some do make money, but the majority don't.
    Last edited by Bishnoff; 12-04-2012 at 01:34 AM.

vCash
    Good stat line except that -7 is ugly.

vCash
    He's playing again tonight so we'll see if he can do a little better. Seeing as he's in a strange situation I think he did well. He's playing along-side John Jenkins from the Hawks too so at least he's got some guys in in the same situation.

Watch the highlights, Marshall makes some nice passes and looks pretty good.

vCash
    Taylor Griffin played on the other team.

vCash
    Sorry for the 3 posts in a row but:

Telfair is out for tonights game so Garret will be getting back-up minutes... Marshall must be pissed he's been forced to miss this opportunity. Lucky for us this should mean Dragic plays more minutes and gets on the floor during crucial stretches?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    Sorry for the 3 posts in a row but:

Telfair is out for tonights game so Garret will be getting back-up minutes... Marshall must be pissed he's been forced to miss this opportunity. Lucky for us this should mean Dragic plays more minutes and gets on the floor during crucial stretches?
    Is it official that Garrett will play?
    Makes sense since we're ending our road trip. I hope he does well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    Is it official that Garrett will play?
    Makes sense since we're ending our road trip. I hope he does well.
    Coro said Garrett should play in an article he wrote but whether it's official or not is another question. I hope so; I'd rather see what Garrett can do than have to suffer through Shannon Brown at the point. Makes the most sense really.

vCash
    Marshall had a double double last night: http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/201...#nbaGIboxscore

He was also +19 this time. Him and John Jenkins are playing well together... we should trade for him.

vCash
    Marshall had a double double last night: http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/201...#nbaGIboxscore

He was also +19 this time. Him and John Jenkins are playing well together... we should trade for him.
    Only 2 TO which is good, but Marshall really needs to improve his FG%.

Jenkins is interesting. I'm sure we could pry him from Atlanta for one of our multitude of 1sts.

vCash
    I've got to say I thought he would struggle a lot more in the d-league than he has. No doubt having a couple of other NBA players there helped him but he's definitely showing why we drafted him.

It will take a couple of years for him to develop a good shot but once he has one I think he could be a good NBA PG.

vCash
    I've got to say I thought he would struggle a lot more in the d-league than he has. No doubt having a couple of other NBA players there helped him but he's definitely showing why we drafted him.

It will take a couple of years for him to develop a good shot but once he has one I think he could be a good NBA PG.
    I see his shot situation in the same light as when Amar'e first came in the league. STAT's form and overall shot was even uglier than Marshall's.

Hook KM up with a great shooting coach for a couple summers and he'll be fine.
    I Heart Kimmi Smiles

Support Her!

vCash
    Didn't dad dantoni help barbosa? or was it phil webber? Kendall shot horrible http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/201...t2hp2021200039

glad he's getting experience in the DL

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast