Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Kendall Marshall sent to D-League

http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/phoe...012_11_29.html

Makes sense. He should play his first game tonight so it'll be good to see him get some minutes. Although, as a guy who relies on chemisty, he's probably not going to do anything special there either.

IMO it would be better for him and the Suns if he got some 2nd unit minutes with us. I love Telfair and what he's done for us but it just makes more sense to play our rookie, even if we lose games because of it.

vCash
    This is a good time for it. We are still trying to compete. If we fail in a month and decide to trade players, then we can bring Marshall back to be a regular.

vCash
    This is a smart move. Not doing much at the end of the bench, so why not.

Phoenix Suns
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Arizona Cardinals
    Arizona Diamondbacks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post

Makes sense. He should play his first game tonight so it'll be good to see him get some minutes. Although, as a guy who relies on chemisty, he's probably not going to do anything special there either.

IMO it would be better for him and the Suns if he got some 2nd unit minutes with us. I love Telfair and what he's done for us but it just makes more sense to play our rookie, even if we lose games because of it.
    I agree with the bolded. Sending him down to the D League is just the next step in proving that the Suns have wasted another draft pick and have killed another player's NBA career. Phoenix are the worst team to be drafted by.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    I agree with the bolded. Sending him down to the D League is just the next step in proving that the Suns have wasted another draft pick and have killed another player's NBA career. Phoenix are the worst team to be drafted by.
    agree. 13th pick! we wasted it, we made a big fuss getting him, held press comference telling people how they loved getting him and then benching him. why not get someone that they could have used. he was not evem used sparingly, it's a dragic/telfair combo.

the only reason i can think of is maybe they were not sure they're not gonna land the dragon

vCash
    I wouldn't go as far as saying it proves it's a wasted pick. Lamb (taken the pick before Marshall) has also been sent down to D-league. He is with a more stacked team but they're both in similar situations playing time and rotation-wise; they're rookie 3rd stringers. Honestly, if we aren't going to play him then this is the best thing for him. I'd just rather see us play him.

I have a big problem with the D-league, I think the NBA need to change it into a competitive minor league instead of a free-for-all, place where players go to die. It has helped a bunch of players get experience and get recognition but I think being there is seen by fans, media and even some players as being a bad thing. I wouldn;t know how to make it better but I think the NBA needs to put some work into developing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky4104 View Post
    agree. 13th pick! we wasted it, we made a big fuss getting him, held press comference telling people how they loved getting him and then benching him. why not get someone that they could have used. he was not evem used sparingly, it's a dragic/telfair combo.

the only reason i can think of is maybe they were not sure they're not gonna land the dragon
    I agree with the bolded. That's what I've thought too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as saying it proves it's a wasted pick. Lamb (taken the pick before Marshall) has also been sent down to D-league. He is with a more stacked team but they're both in similar situations playing time and rotation-wise; they're rookie 3rd stringers. Honestly, if we aren't going to play him then this is the best thing for him. I'd just rather see us play him.

I have a big problem with the D-league, I think the NBA need to change it into a competitive minor league instead of a free-for-all, place where players go to die. It has helped a bunch of players get experience and get recognition but I think being there is seen by fans, media and even some players as being a bad thing. I wouldn;t know how to make it better but I think the NBA needs to put some work into developing it.
    The Suns never give their rookies minutes and end up sending them to the D League. We waste our picks in the sense that we never allow the players to develop; our FO's have been too scared of losing (even when we are rebuilding) to give rookies any quality minutes.

It doesn't matter who they are or how "NBA ready" they are, the Suns won't give them a chance (late lottery - late 1st round picks).
    Last edited by Bishnoff; 11-29-2012 at 06:28 PM.

vCash
    ^^^Earl Clark. That was a waste of of a 6'10" 235lbs SF . This why we must build through fa and trades we suck at drafting consistently. It's always a coin flip when we draft(literally going back to you know who).

vCash
    lol, The FO needs to trade Telfair. Gentry wont play Marshall because he wants to win games. Trade Telfair to a team looking for a back up PG, Marshall needs to play and develop . Im sick of our draft picks not getting any burn. we are rebuilding ffs, play the young guys - not career back up journeyman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    ^^^Earl Clark. That was a waste of of a 6'10" 235lbs SF . This why we must build through fa and trades we suck at drafting consistently. It's always a coin flip when we draft(literally going back to you know who).
    We don't suck at drafting, we suck at giving our rookies/drafted players a chance. There's been thousands of examples of teams wasting talent throughout the years in the NBA. One prime Suns example is Nash's first stint in Phoenix.

vCash
    Eehhhh^^^ We suck at both. We usually have a player or 2 we really like with potential but theres always something that makes the Suns draft a different "safer" player or trade those players away.

vCash
    Eehhhh^^^ We suck at both. We usually have a player or 2 we really like with potential but theres always something that makes the Suns draft a different "safer" player or trade those players away.
    I cbf going through the list but we've drafted a lot of great players who we've traded straight away or haven't allowed to develop before we've traded them to a team where they've exploded.

Our scouts have had the foresight to suggest guys like Nash, Rondo, Gortat, Dragic etc. There are 29 other teams in the NBA who didnít draft these guys.

vCash
    Building through free agency and ignoring the draft is a way to end up in the lotto for a decade straight playing in front of an empty building... like the Pistons last night! The Suns have been building through free agency and trades while neglecting the draft for the last several years... and look where its gotten them.

If we dont start drafting better then the franchise is doomed to suck.

vCash
    I think the funniest thing I have ever read is probably in that article
    Marshall, who many thought to be the best shooter in this year's class, now has a chance to work on the rest of his game with the Jam.

Best shooter in this year's draft class? HAHA I would love to know who thought that.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast