Dream Team vs. '12 (Healthy)

Dream Team:

Robinson/ Ewing
    Malone/ Barkley/ Laettner
    Bird/ Pippen/ Mullins
    Jordan/ Drexler
    Magic/ Stockton

2012 Team (Healthy)

I think if Wade, Rose, Howard, Bosh, & Griffin were healthy then they would have replaced Harden, Davis, Chandler, Westbrook, & Iguodala

Howard/ Bosh
    LeBron/ Love/ Griffin
    Durant/ Melo
    Kobe/ Wade
    CP3/ Deron/ Rose

They have the advantage on strength (and offensive skill) in the post with Malone, Barkley, Robinson, & Ewing. MJ is MJ so that speaks for itself. Magic & Bird has the IQ advantage...

On the other hand Malone will have to hold (or try) LeBron or Durant. Magic & Stockton cannot keep up with CP3, Deron, or Rose... The team that played in 08 & 12 had much harder competition then Dream Team who were playing fans also...

7 Game series though

vCash
    Dream Team 4-0. Hell ain't no way Lebron is playing PF with Malone and Barkley.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    ^^^^Somehow I knew you would point out LeBron lol

However Malone or Barkley couldn't contain him one bit either and I have actually seen him shut down a PF before in the post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HouRealCoach View Post
    ^^^^Somehow I knew you would point out LeBron lol

However Malone or Barkley couldn't contain him one bit either and I have actually seen him shut down a PF before in the post
    Yeah PF's no where near Barkley or Malone's level. Saw what happened when he tried to defend Dirk who is there level or a little lower. Also They wouldn't guard him on the wing, they would in the post though.
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    He was clearly not himself that series... I like how you just picked that one series out of all of his playoff runs

But just like he can't guard them, They can't guard him at all

vCash
    C-Howard
    PF-Love
    SF-Durant
    SG-Kobe
    PG-Lebron

That should be the starting 5. But yea, Dream Team in 5-6 games.

vCash
    He was clearly not himself that series... I like how you just picked that one series out of all of his playoff runs

But just like he can't guard them, They can't guard him at all
    It's not cherry picking, it is the only time he was defending a PF of that level which is why it was used. Also it is not like he defended KG in series either.
    Well if Lebron is playing PF and in the post they will defend him, if he is on the perimeter they will not.
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    It's not cherry picking, it is the only time he was defending a PF of that level which is why it was used. Also it is not like he defended KG in series either.
    Well if Lebron is playing PF and in the post they will defend him, if he is on the perimeter they will not.
    And you don't think LeBron will capitalize by not being guarded on the perimeter? Dude either way you want top put it it's a mismatch for both teams. I just find it funny how you only mention it on there side like only they will capitalize on it. He's also guarded Pau Gasol before and shut him down. He's actually played PF on defense for sometime now...

vCash
    And you don't think LeBron will capitalize by not being guarded on the perimeter? Dude either way you want top put it it's a mismatch for both teams. I just find it funny how you only mention it on there side like only they will capitalize on it. He's also guarded Pau Gasol before and shut him down. He's actually played PF on defense for sometime now...
    What you don't understand is that Barkley or Malone will guard him in the post, however MJ or Pippen would guard him on the perimeter.
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    Dream Team:

Robinson/ Ewing
    Bird/ Pippen/ Mullins
    Jordan/ Drexler
    Magic/ Stockton

2012 Team (Healthy)

I think if Wade, Rose, Howard, Bosh, & Griffin were healthy then they would have replaced Harden, Davis, Chandler, Westbrook, & Iguodala

Howard/ Bosh
    LeBron/ Love/ Griffin
    Durant/ Melo
    Kobe/ Wade
    CP3/ Deron/ Rose

They have the advantage on strength (and offensive skill) in the post with Malone, Barkley, Robinson, & Ewing. MJ is MJ so that speaks for itself. Magic & Bird has the IQ advantage...

On the other hand Malone will have to hold (or try) LeBron or Durant. Magic & Stockton cannot keep up with CP3, Deron, or Rose... The team that played in 08 & 12 had much harder competition then Dream Team who were playing fans also...

7 Game series though
    08 and 96 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>12. Sick of hearing about 12. Talk about a real matchup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    08 and 96 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>12. Sick of hearing about 12. Talk about a real matchup.
    Basically the same team lol.

vCash
    LeBron last season could play with Barkley dude.

vCash
    Basically the same team lol.
    LOL NO! No Howard, Kidd, Dwade, Bosh. So no NOT THE SAME TEAM.
    Last edited by bootsy; 12-01-2012 at 05:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HouRealCoach:24507024
    Dream Team:

Robinson/ Ewing
    Bird/ Pippen/ Mullins
    Jordan/ Drexler
    Magic/ Stockton

2012 Team (Healthy)

Howard/ Bosh
    LeBron/ Love/ Griffin
    Durant/ Melo
    Kobe/ Wade
    CP3/ Deron/ Rose

7 Game series though

This is thrown out here alot around here and it is straight out BS. Do all the youngsters around here think Magic and Stockton the two generally considered the best PG ever were slow? Or they never played and defended fast guys? Also if Magic is at PG which of your 3 is guarding him? The game would be a non stop post beatdown.

Dream team in 4 or 5 they may get a pride win, but I doubt it. Dream team was full of take your heart killers. 12 team has Kobe, Wade and a bunch of smiling friends.
    Last edited by JPS; 12-02-2012 at 10:46 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs:24528547
    LeBron last season could play with Barkley dude.
    No he couldnt. He is a great SF and getting better in the post. He would get pushed around down low by Barkley.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast