Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Raiders "have discussed" giving Terrelle Pryor a chance to play

Coach Dennis Allen revealed Monday that the Raiders "have discussed" giving Terrelle Pryor a chance to play down the stretch.
    The Raiders are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention, and aside from perhaps a few practice reps, haven't seen Pryor play since the preseason. No portion of Palmer's $13 million salary for 2013 is guaranteed, and his future with the organization remains to be seen. Picked in the 2011 Supplemental Draft by Al Davis, Pryor has yet to take an NFL regular-season snap.
    Source: Vic Tafur on Twitter Nov 26 - 5:49 PM

vCash
    Hmm, If they do that Im thinking Palmers done...

Pryor will flame out horribly.

vCash
    I just hope they don't stay with Knapps offense. I think it's gonna be Knapp or Palmer that goes, I just seriously hope that they don't blame Palmer for the crappy offense. Anytime you lose your play calling duties to Tom Cable, and he's better at it than you (Knapp).....that says everything.

vCash
    Well couldn't be any sooner half time browns game. Would be a start im guessing watch him perform better than cam newton by next season .

vCash
    If Palmers 13 million isn't guranteed, then I would definelty try and restructure his deal. It's either get paid or go to KC, NYJ or become a back up somewhere else, since everyone is pretty much set at QB.

I think that Palmer should start every game and once the defense let's the game get out of reach, then put in Pryor. Lienart is gone after this season as well, so Pryor can prove that he isn't the answer and then we can restructure Palmers deal or release him and look for a franchise QB.

But I like 37 don't believe Palmer is the sole person responsible for this crappy offense.

vCash
    I don't like it. It's not fair to Palmer.
    If they let Palmer go, it will be a BIG mistake.

vCash
    What makes you think Palmer is going anywhere, especially when you say pryor is going to flame out?

They're both going?
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject"

Unknown

vCash
    Green Bay made a fortune of showcasing its QB's.

Shut Palmer down for the year, the Raiders are now playing for 2013 and beyond.
    Showcase Pryor and then move him to another team for future picks. This team will need veteran leadership at the QB position, thus I believe Carson stays but value can be extracted for Pryor if he shows enough to get Jacksonville or Philly to bite.

vCash
    OK...then who's the back up QB?

vCash
    The same one that currently is.

vCash
    Some of these guys have Matt L. out the door already.

vCash
    Why? Palmer is or best QB.

"Killer Instinct"

vCash
    This is not surprising. Given the performance of the team this year, it is obvious we are a couple years away from having any kind of playoff potential, by which time Carson will not be with the team. Add to the fact his salary is 13 mil, and it makes sense if Reggie is thinking down the road and wants to see if he drafts a QB this year or sticks with developing Pryor, keeping Palmer, and waiting a year. At this point, it's a smart move IMO.

If Pryor shows signs of potential, keep both or dump Palmer and draft a QB. If Pryor shows the ability to overtake Palmer, let Palmer walk and stay with Leinart as backup, no need to draft a QB. If Pryor sucks, then we know neither are the long term answer, and given we may be in a position to draft a QB high, we need to know that before the draft.

There is no doubt Pryor had potential in college. You never know who will take the next step once they get to the NFL, and I have no problem with them giving him a chance. Do I think he's ready? Hell no... But who is

vCash
    The book on Pryor is that his accuracy is not great. His arm strength is outstanding. There's going to be a bumper crop of QB's this year.
    This will lessen his value, at least this year.

vCash
    Why are people assuming Palmer is 'gone' ?

Allen isn't talking about starting Pryor, he's talking about getting Pryor into the game for some wild-cat packages.

And, again, there's no reason to risk Palmer's health by keeping him out there in the midst of a blow-out loss. There is virtually no downside to letting Pryor play out the string in the middle of garbage time.

Maybe he can develop into a 'real' QB. Maybe he can't. If he shows some promise, perhaps he can be traded; if he shows some promise, maybe he'll be kept and developed into a future starter.

And, if he stinks, he'll just be let go - no harm done, since there's little left to play for.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast