Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    1. Jays
    2. Yankees
    3. Yankees
    4. Orioles
    5. Red Sox

Obviously these rankings aren't final for me.
    ya **** the rays, yankees are twice as good
    Sens Raps Jays

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    Yankees
    Jays
    Rays
    Orioles
    Red Sox

Rays could definately be 2nd or 1st but I'm being homer jays fan and the Yankees just do it every year. Until they fall off I will always pencil them in for a playoff spot. Honestly any team in the AL easy could play very well. As for the poster who said Jays don't have the pitching is a bit off.

Johnson
    Bhuerle
    Morrow
    Romero
    Happ

Not too bad if you ask me.
    Names aren't bad you're right. I'm looking at the fact that Johnson is an injury waiting to happen. Buehrle could be OK, not spectacular, but he's in a strong offensive division now. Morrow had 1 good year, then got hurt, who knows if he rebounds. If he does, odds are his ERA isn't near the 2.96 he put up last year. Romero still has a bit to prove, was on the right track but hit a bump last year, would need him to get back to the last couple of years form. Happ is going to get smashed. I could see him not in the rotation Opening Day.

IF, big IF, everybody on the Jays stays healthy and performs like they can then they win the division, but I don't see that happening.

vCash
    I won't argue that. I think this division is wide open. Your right about the injury problems as well but if they stay healthy this rotation could be scary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    Names aren't bad you're right. I'm looking at the fact that Johnson is an injury waiting to happen. Buehrle could be OK, not spectacular, but he's in a strong offensive division now. Morrow had 1 good year, then got hurt, who knows if he rebounds. If he does, odds are his ERA isn't near the 2.96 he put up last year. Romero still has a bit to prove, was on the right track but hit a bump last year, would need him to get back to the last couple of years form. Happ is going to get smashed. I could see him not in the rotation Opening Day.

IF, big IF, everybody on the Jays stays healthy and performs like they can then they win the division, but I don't see that happening.
    If if and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Every team in the AL East has question marks.

vCash
    It's between Yankees and jays with the rays in 3rd who cares about 4th and 5th

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post

What a homer post.

You just argued that nothing is a sure thing.

Thanks for that insightful information.
    Do The Twirk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by treeleaf View Post
    What a homer post.

Umm... based on his profile picture, he isn't a fan of any particular team in the AL East. How can you be accusing him of a bias just because you're a homer and he has a different opinion than you regarding the team you're a fan of.

Nothing he said was unreasonable. Morrow and Johnson are at risk for injury, Romero did have a bad year last year and Buehrle's record in the AL East is not superb.

Personally, I expect Morrow and Johnson to play really well and hope Buehrle and Romero do enough to keep the team competitive. I'd still love to see the Jays acquire another top pitcher, but only if the price is right.

vCash
    Exactly. If everything clicks they will be scary but nothing is for certain. As a Jays fan all I can hope for is a healthy and competitive team come September.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by treeleaf View Post
    What a homer post.

Look at the picture smart one. lol I don't like any team in the East and if I HAD to pick one it would be the Jays, I'm Canadian, so makes that comment even less meaningful.

I argued that Toronto has a lot of injury prone pitchers instead of a rotation full of reliable 200+ inning guys. Go ahead and tell me that any pitcher in that rotation is a given/reliable option to give you 200+ innings and an ERA around 3.50. Are they capable of it? Sure, all 4 have the potential, but odds are not on their side. I personally hope they all get smashed around or hurt, if not gives Detroit a challenge.
    Last edited by kokes; 12-11-2012 at 01:51 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    I won't argue that. I think this division is wide open. Your right about the injury problems as well but if they stay healthy this rotation could be scary.
    If they stay healthy and perform, they win the East. Hands down, would guess by 6-10 games.

vCash
    The Rays are the best team in this division.

1. Desmond Jennings CF
    2. Yunel Escobar SS
    3. Evan Longoria 3B
    4. Wil Myers RF
    5. Ben Zobrist 2B
    6. Matt Joyce LF
    7. INSERT NEW DH HERE
    8. James Loney 1B
    9. Jose Molina C

Not to mention: Sean Rodriguez coming off the bench, capable of playing everywhere

SP David Price LHP ... AL Cy Young
    SP Jeremy Hellickson RHP
    SP Matt Moore LHP
    SP Jeff Niemann RHP
    SP Alex Cobb RHP
    SP Chris Archer RHP
    SP Jake Odorizzi
    RHP

CP Fernando Rodney

If they can improve their bridge to Fernando Rodney (I know they brought back Joel Peralta) but if they can do more ...

WATCH OUT.
    Last edited by DerekJeterDan; 12-11-2012 at 02:20 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    Umm... based on his profile picture, he isn't a fan of any particular team in the AL East. How can you be accusing him of a bias just because you're a homer and he has a different opinion than you regarding the team you're a fan of.

Nothing he said was unreasonable. Morrow and Johnson are at risk for injury, Romero did have a bad year last year and Buehrle's record in the AL East is not superb.

Personally, I expect Morrow and Johnson to play really well and hope Buehrle and Romero do enough to keep the team competitive. I'd still love to see the Jays acquire another top pitcher, but only if the price is right.
    The issue I have with Johnsons history of injuries is he's pitched 183 innings or more 2 of the last 3 years. His supposed "injuries" are overblown...maybe it's just me. It seems like a way for outsiders to take shots at him. I do agree though, the Jays need another pitcher, without a doubt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    The Rays are the best team in this division.

1. Desmond Jennings CF
    2. Yunel Escobar SS
    3. Evan Longoria 3B
    4. Wil Myers RF
    5. Ben Zobrist 2B
    6. Matt Joyce LF
    7. INSERT NEW DH HERE
    8. James Loney 1B
    9. Jose Molina C

Not to mention: Sean Rodriguez coming off the bench, capable of playing everywhere

SP David Price LHP ... AL Cy Young
    SP Jeremy Hellickson RHP
    SP Matt Moore LHP
    SP Jeff Niemann RHP
    SP Alex Cobb RHP
    SP Chris Archer RHP
    SP Jake Odorizzi
    RHP

CP Fernando Rodney

If they can improve their bridge to Fernando Rodney (I know they brought back Joel Peralta) but if they can do more ...

WATCH OUT.
    I think Tampa bent over KC in the deal but you're seriously overrating them IMO. I pick Tampa most years to win this division because of their pitching but lets not forget, they did give up some nice pitching for a prospect and lets not pretend we know how Myers will do. They still have big holes on offense. Tampa didn't make the deal because it helped them next year, it goes well beyond that. They did it for the next decade, it doesn't help them immediately. Very rarely can you give up your number 2 and become better by inserting a rookie, even a great one. They'll need to continue winning games 4-3, very tough to do and I'm a guy who buys into what they're doing. I think they'll win 90 games or so. It'll be very close with the Jays and Yanks...and we don't know who's done or not yet. Still lots of moves can happen but honestly, the Jays move helps them more in the immediate future than the Rays.
    Last edited by Halladay; 12-11-2012 at 02:59 AM.

vCash
    don't think I'd pencil Wil Myers in as a number 4 hitter just yet
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast