• Boston

6 1.93%
  • Tampa bay

38 12.22%
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    Keep it coming...

Jays haven't played a game and there considered one of the favorites lol. I've seen to many times that blow up in that teams face to buy it.
    Example

Last year, I said the Marlins would suck after their spending spree in free agency.

This year, the Jays are relevant (I personally see 85 wins, but whatever).

This isn't just one or two people going on and on about the Jays. It's most neutral posters.

The Jays are a threat. They have a good, young core, and have added the right kind of pieces to be great

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Example

Last year, I said the Marlins would suck after their spending spree in free agency.

This year, the Jays are relevant (I personally see 85 wins, but whatever).

This isn't just one or two people going on and on about the Jays. It's most neutral posters.

The Jays are a threat. They have a good, young core, and have added the right kind of pieces to be great
    The Marlins had some pieces and added similar pieces (Reyes and Buerhle). And again, I realize this. I'm not slighting the Jays or saying they won't be tough. I just find it funny how the Orioles get called a fluke after they played a great 2nd half and god rid of that ridiculous run differential, and even a lot of you saying now they look like there playing like a good team right before the playoffs started.

Yes, they made moves, to think we make none is pretty ridiculous though. We have a lot of young talent as well that will keep getting better and coming up through the system.

Again, I just think a 93 win team the previous year gets pushed aside for a cellar dweller the previous year and adding a few nice pieces is very odd. That's just me.

vCash
    The Marlins had some pieces and added similar pieces (Reyes and Buerhle). And again, I realize this. I'm not slighting the Jays or saying they won't be tough. I just find it funny how the Orioles get called a fluke after they played a great 2nd half and god rid of that ridiculous run differential, and even a lot of you saying now they look like there playing like a good team right before the playoffs started.

Yes, they made moves, to think we make none is pretty ridiculous though. We have a lot of young talent as well that will keep getting better and coming up through the system.

Again, I just think a 93 win team the previous year gets pushed aside for a cellar dweller the previous year and adding a few nice pieces is very odd. That's just me.
    Seattle went from 93 to 63 wins overnight. It's not odd for it to happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Seattle went from 93 to 63 wins overnight. It's not odd for it to happen.
    And I never said it couldn't. There is also the other way, where your team goes from absolutely awful to good and stays there for a while...such as the Rays.

vCash
    And I never said it couldn't. There is also the other way, where your team goes from absolutely awful to good and stays there for a while...such as the Rays.
    Tampas a little different, they had some top picks and loaded up the farm making every pick count, or so it seems. What they've done many other teams have a hard time doing. They have great scouting, harder to do then most baseball fans would believe.

vCash
    Why do people argue about this **** in November? Un-fukcing-believable

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RTL View Post
    Why do people argue about this **** in November? Un-fukcing-believable
    Yet you still posted...

vCash
    CC, Kuroda, Pettitte > Johnson, Romero, Buerhle

Yanks have more experience, durability, and consistency.

I also think its too early to be naming the best team in the AL East right now.

I also thought it was Boston 2 seasons ago... You saw how that worked out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    CC, Kuroda, Pettitte < Johnson, Morrow, Buerhle

Yanks have more experience, durability, and consistency.

I also think its too early to be naming the best team in the AL East right now.

I also thought it was Boston 2 seasons ago... You saw how that worked out.
    fixed

Romero could easily be in there if he fixes what ever was ****ing wrong with him last year. I think any of the 4 teams T.O/Bal/TB/NYY could take it but on paper the Jays look awfully good and since no one has played a game this season that's all I can go by now.
    Please don't compare the MIA team of last year to the Jays of this year. That team had no plan they just spent money and had holes all through the roster.
    Last edited by LanceUpperCut; 11-30-2012 at 08:33 AM.

vCash
    I just want to see it translate to the AL. If the talent the Jays got from Miami has a seamless transition then yes, I think they could be the best. But, it is tough, look at Pujols and Prince for example, they had a heck of time adjusting and nobody they got is even in a Pujols type catagory.
    The Truth Hurts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone091 View Post
    I just want to see it translate to the AL. If the talent the Jays got from Miami has a seamless transition then yes, I think they could be the best. But, it is tough, look at Pujols and Prince for example, they had a heck of time adjusting and nobody they got is even in a Pujols type catagory.
    Wouldn't you think that because the Blue Jays acquired 4 very good players (Josh Johnson, Mark Buehrle, Jose Reyes, Melky Cabrera) instead of 1 great player (Albert Pujols or Prince Fielder) that it would give them more security against 1, or even 2, of them transitioning slow to the American League? It should also be noted that despite disappointing months of April last year, both players ended up with really good seasons.

vCash
    How is the Jays pen?

vCash
    Considering much of the Yanks team is up in the air as is Boston and most teams in MLB at the begining of free agency... who knows. Luckily the season is months away so there's a bit of time. I guess we're supposed to say Jay's since they are the only ones who have really made a move?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    How is the Jays pen?
    It was being paraded around as the strength of the team following the trade deadline last season when the Blue Jays made a couple of acquisitions.

It probably consists of Casey Janssen, Sergio Santos, Brad Lincoln, Steve Delabar Aaron Loup, and Darren Oliver (if he chooses not to retire) as the main components. Brandon Lyon is a free agent who played really well here last season but is a free agent at the moment.

Luis Perez was having a very good year but I think he went for Tommy John Surgery so I don't expect him back in 2013. Brett Cecil and Esmil Rogers are probably also in the mix but not really reliable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    How is the Jays pen?
    There pen is pretty solid now. Delabar, Jeffress, Lincoln, Loup, Rogers, Janssen, Santos. and guys Oliver, Cecil, Jenkins and Dyson possible getting added to it.
    AA did mention maybe getting another arm for the pen but even if we don't we should be just fine, a lot better than last year.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast