179 57.56%
  • Boston

6 1.93%
  • Tampa bay

38 12.22%
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    I think the Yankees (1) and Jays (2) are closer than the Jays (2) and Rays (3), FWIW
    I think for the Rays it comes down to who is playing LF/1B on Opening Day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    @Jeffy

It's my least favorite narrative in sports
    That pitching wins championships?

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    That pitching wins championships?
    Yes. Great pitching wins championships as much as great lineups do.

2011 Cardinals, 2009 Yankees, 2008 Phillies, etc.

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    I'm a Blue Jays fan an while both Tampa and the Blue Jays have a very good shot, it's the Yankees until proven otherwise.

vCash
    It's the Yankees until proven otherwise. Every year we hear the same argument that the Yanks are older and so on, and every year the Yankees get the job done. Eventually, yes, the Yankees will be too old to win the division, but that year is not 2013.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    It's the Yankees until proven otherwise. Every year we hear the same argument that the Yanks are older and so on, and every year the Yankees get the job done. Eventually, yes, the Yankees will be too old to win the division, but that year is not 2013.
    While I agree the Yanks are the Team to beat, they are not a lock to win the Division this year. It should be interesting to see how it all unfolds though.

Aslo, I remember Boston winning the Eastone of those years, and Tampa as well, so that every year statement is untrue.

vCash
    not boston
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    New York is the team to beat but theres def some question marks...if Jeter comes back strong after the leg injury, Arod has a better season.....Swisher ? Gardner ? The rotation is good but very iffy.

Toronto on paper is the best team going into 2013 but its all about injuries for them I think and if Cabreras numbers arent as affected from PEDS as ppl think.

Tampa Bay has easily the best rotation but their offence blows.......

4th and 5th place are gonna be between Baltimore and Boston......but I see Boston making some moves this offseason that could put them ahead of Baltimore

lookin at lineups and how it should be if everything goes right for the teams its gonna be

Toronto
    New York
    Tampa Bay
    Baltimore
    Boston

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    While I agree the Yanks are the Team to beat, they are not a lock to win the Division this year. It should be interesting to see how it all unfolds though.

Aslo, I remember Boston winning the Eastone of those years, and Tampa as well, so that every year statement is untrue.
    They're not a lock to win the division but they should be the favorite.

And my every year statement was, "Every year the Yankees get the job done." With the exception of one year the Yankees have made the playoffs since 1995. That's getting the job done.

vCash
    The Jays are clearly better than last and the O's have emerged as contenders. I still think that Tampa and NYY are the teams to beat.

Trust me the Yankees have more pitching than just CC.

vCash
    From here, the Rays still need a lot of work offensively. They may very well be #1 in a couple of months, right now I think they're a clear 3rd.

vCash
    right now, 3 headed race between rays-yankees-jays. I'll be a homer and say jays, i feel it's reasonable to say that we have the 2nd best offense (after the yanks..perhaps even #1.. but seniors get the right of way) , 2nd best rotation (after the rays) and 2nd best bullpen (after the o's) now after picking up lincoln, delabar and a healthy santos returning. should be one hell of a good race.
    Last edited by masTOR_shake1; 11-29-2012 at 11:04 PM.

vCash
    Keep it coming...

Jays haven't played a game and there considered one of the favorites lol. I've seen to many times that blow up in that teams face to buy it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    Keep it coming...

Jays haven't played a game and there considered one of the favorites lol. I've seen to many times that blow up in that teams face to buy it.
    Yeah, you're right. It's clearly the O's. Josh Johnson, Mark Buehrle and Brandon Morrow have nothing on Jake Arrieta, Tommy Hunter and Brian Matusz...

Considering most people are saying the Jays, Rays and Yankees are 1-2-3 (in no particular order necessarily) should give you some indication that it isn't simply Jays fans base being delusional. There's reason for optimism.

The Jays haven't played a game yet in 2013, you're 100% correct about that. But then again, neither have any of the 29 other teams also so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. The 2013 Orioles that you're campaigning for haven't played any games yet either.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast