• Boston

6 1.93%
  • Tampa bay

38 12.22%
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    and you won 22 less games than the Yanks......remember that
    remember this....its either cano or granderson....

vCash
    I think Toronto will be.

vCash
    Well in the real world where you know old players regress/get injured the Yankees are not winning the division I can tell you that.

Jays are clearly the favorites.
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    I think Dickey is going to disappoint Toronto for the most part. I think the Rays will take the division. I think Matt Moore will really step up this year and Myers will help out their offense even in his rookie year.

vCash
    I dont think the rays will win. I think the redsox are a sleeper honestly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Powers View Post
    Not really. As lucky as Baltimore was last year, I can't see them repeating. I really think Boston needs everything to go right for them to just be in the conversation, its a three horse race, at the moment.
    I do think some outcomes are more likely than others, but really nothing would surprise me this season in the ALEast except, perhaps, a total collapse by the Rays.

The Yankees are the Yankees, but age is a growing concern (still) and the 189 plan restricts the moves they can make.

The Jays have health issues that could cripple them, but overall they appear to me to be the best balanced team in the division.

The Red Sox needed new faces and a change in management. That could be enough, especially of the Yankees and Jays falter.

The O's are young enough that saying they are a year older is still a good thing. No, they won't get as lucky again, but they also learned a lot. Like the Sox, their chances of success partly hinge on the possible instability of the Yankees and Jays, but I won't be so presumptuous as to write them off.

As for the Rays, I gave up trying to second guess them years ago. They are good enough and young enough that I don't see them collapsing even in if the year goes bad, but they could still fall to the middle of the pack. Of course in this division, even a mediocre record could still net you last place.

vCash
    diehard yankee fan and im gonna say if the jays can mesh they'll be a championship team...if they play up to potential!
    New York State of Mind

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    Well in the real world where you know old players regress/get injured the Yankees are not winning the division I can tell you that.
    You know I keep thinking that, been expecting it to happen for a long time. Somehow it keeps not quite happening. Not entirely sure why.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    I think Dickey is going to disappoint Toronto for the most part. I think the Rays will take the division. I think Matt Moore will really step up this year and Myers will help out their offense even in his rookie year.
    Just asking, why do you think Dickey will disappoint?

vCash
    Because he plays for a rival AL East team, which means everybody in Boston will overachieve and everybody on the rival teams will disappoint.

It's the natural law for posters referring to rival teams to suggest that their players won't do well.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    Because he plays for a rival AL East team, which means everybody in Boston will overachieve and everybody on the rival teams will disappoint.

It's the natural law for posters referring to rival teams to suggest that their players won't do well.
    To be a little fair, he did praise the Rays who are also in the division. But you arent at all wrong. TB is easier to praise, they dont play in Canada. lol

vCash
    His Dickey hasn't worked too well in life.

vCash
    Even as a jays fan i cant call them the best right now, ive seen to many great offseason additions amount to nothing.

“Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive turkey gobblers”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miller74 View Post
    Even as a jays fan i cant call them the best right now, ive seen to many great offseason additions amount to nothing.
    What does that have to do with anything. This thread is about which team, on paper, is best right now.

If this question was asked back in the off-season preceding the 2011 season, Boston Red Sox would be a perfectly reasonable and logical answer. The fact they had a bad month of September that season 6-9 months later didn't make that off-season answer any less reasonable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post

Not at all. I think I've already said in this thread that I thought JJ would have a great year. I've also said i thought Boston finishes either 4th or 5th in the division. Why you're so butthurt is beyond me.

Hes an older guy, knuckleballer or not. He's a fly ball pitcher in a great hitters division. He's switching leagues and when he was in the AL he wasn't even the same pitcher.

So just because I am a Sox fan I should have to think everyone on Toronto will have a great year? You basically contradict yourself here, because you're the one assuming that he will replicate his success no matter what. Sorry for not thinking Toronto will win the division by a landslide, I am clearly in the wrong for having a different opinion than you.
    Last edited by Nomar; 01-02-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast