179 57.56%
  • Boston

6 1.93%
  • Tampa bay

38 12.22%
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    im tellin' you...too many americans are hating on us...thats what it is...alot of ppl don't know crap...and never will...thats the main issue....
    Is English not your first language?

2. 12-13-2012, 08:38 AM
    Reason
    Disruptive

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    and i suppose that u don't need any superstars in order to win a world series.....oh ya if u knew ur history...go lookup on the war or 1812
    Oh man you're really reaching now.

vCash
    IMO I would have to say that the pecking order in the AL East as of this moment is:

New York Yankees
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Tampa Bay Rays
    Boston Red Sox/Baltimore Orioles (interchangeable)

I also believe that the AL East will be a pretty tight race. I think the division winner wins by a handful of games.

New York has a pretty decent rotation. Even though I'm a Red Sox fan I think Kuroda was a key signing for them. I don't think that the Yankees will run away with the division as I still have a few questions about their bullpen after Soriano more than likely leaves and wonder about the health of the ageless wonder, Mo. They may be losing Swisher who has provided some pop and flexibility in the lineup. I still think they're a good team.

Toronto made some bold moves and I have to believe that Buehrle and Johnson will improve their rotation - the jury is still out on Romero. The lineup is nothing to scoff at either - Joey Bats will hopefully be and stay healthy.

Holy crap, how much pitching does Tampa Bay have? I believe Shields was in the final year of his contract and believe that TBR received plenty of talent in return from Kansas City. I like the way that Tampa Bay runs the ship and find it amazing that on such a limited payroll they always contend. I applaud Longoria for choosing to stay with the Rays. I have a few question marks about their lineup and their ability to score runs. Although, I'm not the world's biggest BJ Upton fan and I believe he got paid way more than what I believe he's worth, he'll be somewhat missed in TB. To the poster who said that the Rays need to get a new ownership group - HA! You're special. Year in and year out the Rays remain competitive despite being limited in funds. Friedman is a great GM and makes the most out of the money he's been given. I will say though that TB needs a new stadium, but it seems that St. Petersburg won't let them out of their lease.

I'm a Boston fan and am not extremely thrilled with the money they've been handing out. I think the SV contract is a bit of an overpayment. I'm not begging for them to sign players to massive contracts - that's what got them in trouble in the first place. I just believe they either need to commit to totally rebuilding or going all in. They have some decent specs down on the farm (Bogaerts, Owens, Bradley, Barnes, Swihart, Cecchini, and Brentz) who should help the big league club via being traded or making it to the big club. I believe the team is at least 2 years away from being a big threat in the AL East. So glad that BV is gone - POS!

The Orioles could surprise again and have a nice season. Duquette and Buck have built a nice team and they have some nice young players in Jones and Machado. The pitching last year took a giant step forward.

Should be an interesting year in the AL East.

vCash
    Most competitive division in baseball now. I think the O's got a good shot. They're Bullpen and lineup are awesome, and I think Machado is gonna be a monster this year

vCash
    I can;t believe Toronto got 90 votes and the Yanks are only at 51. That is ridiculous. I don't think they are the ebst right now, and although I respect the people that think they are, it is way closer than a 40 vote lead. Haham, this thread must only be visible in Toronto :P

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsJets0809 View Post
    Most competitive division in baseball now. I think the O's got a good shot. They're Bullpen and lineup are awesome, and I think Machado is gonna be a monster this year
    Yea, the O's are good again, and everybody in the division could have a shot at the top. The red Sox may need Hamilton and a pitcher, but the division is winnable by all 5 teams, and there is not other division in which I could say that.

AL East, is beast.

vCash
    The O's lineup is "awesome"? were people even paying attention last year? it was their pen that carried them. This is a team that was 9th in the AL in runs scored, I wouldn't exactly call that awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    The O's lineup is "awesome"? were people even paying attention last year? it was their pen that carried them. This is a team that was 9th in the AL in runs scored, I wouldn't exactly call that awesome.
    Exactly right. I don't get all the hype around Baltimore and why they are in talk of winning the division. They still probably finish last because they are the worst team in the division. Offense isn't special, SP is meh, and doubt BP repeats the same performance as last year.

10. 12-13-2012, 12:53 PM
    Reason
    Disruptive

vCash
    Lol at people saying price will leave the rays, the guy loves it here and now that he saw Longo stay he will more than likely re-sign as well. dont get your hopes up about seeing him in a different uni anytime soon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk6 View Post
    Lol at people saying price will leave the rays, the guy loves it here and now that he saw Longo stay he will more than likely re-sign as well. dont get your hopes up about seeing him in a different uni anytime soon
    This time next year he'll be either a Cub or my surprise team, a Ranger. UNLESS he decides to follow suit with Longoria and sign a team friendly deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    This time next year he'll be either a Cub or my surprise team, a Ranger. UNLESS he decides to follow suit with Longoria and sign a team friendly deal.
    i wouldnt mind trading him to rangers if we snag olt AND profar, other than that no thanks. I also dont see anyone that would interest Friedman from the cubs

vCash
    To be honest, if they stay healthy. I think the Sox have a better overall team than the yankees or orioles.

I think the division is the Rays to lose.
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    To be honest, if they stay healthy. I think the Sox have a better overall team than the yankees or orioles.

I think the division is the Rays to lose.
    Boston doesn't have a deep enough lineup or rotation to be in the top 3 of that division. They are #4 ahead of Baltimore, as of now IMO.

vCash
    yes and the yankees do? Unless you think all those near 40 or 40+ year olds are all going to do good/stay healthy I am not seeing it at all.
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Who cares about the Least Coast look at how good the NL/AL Best is.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast