179 57.56%
  • Boston

6 1.93%
  • Tampa bay

38 12.22%
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    On average knuckleballers are quite average in term of results (ERA), but exceptional (at times) in terms of peak years, and peaking at an old age. Knuckleballers tend not to do well in hot weather as well, and of course it's a ***** to catch.
    Part of the problem is there really isn't that many in recent history that have hung around for very long. I'm 26 years old and the only knuckleballer I've got to witness on a consistent basis was Wakefield(I watch RedSox games when the Jays aren't on). When he was on it was a thing of beauty but when he wasn't, it was pretty damn ugly to watch. Pretty much all or nothing, or so it seemed. There are so many variables going on. Weather being the key obviously.

I know Dickey has said he prefers being indoors in a controlled climate which makes sense, I remember seeing Wakefield pitch on windy days in Fenway and the knuckleball would give the catcher absolute fits. Passed ball after passed ball. You almost felt bad for the millionare behind the plate when there were men on-base. Going into next year, I just want Thole to block the damn thing on a consistent basis. Hitting and throwing runners out is way, way down the list for me.

vCash
    zimmerman and detwiler haven't proven much......its the tigers, jays, giants, and somewhat the dodgers and reds...at the end of the day...its all about xperience
    Last edited by rockbottom2010; 12-29-2012 at 05:53 PM.

vCash
    You could say the same thing about Morrow as a starter, and to a lesser extent, Fister and Scherzer.. I agree that experience plays does play a factor, but the pure talent of the Nats rotation is off the charts! and if this group can stay healthy it'll be scary to see what they can do next year.

vCash
    Also this should be moved to the top 2013 rotation thread, since this is about the best team in the AL East

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    You could have said all of this last winter. Before the team won 95 games.
    Doesn't make it any less true today. You can pretty much shuffle the ALEast deck right now and make a case for whatever order comes up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misterd View Post
    Doesn't make it any less true today. You can pretty much shuffle the ALEast deck right now and make a case for whatever order comes up.
    Not really. As lucky as Baltimore was last year, I can't see them repeating. I really think Boston needs everything to go right for them to just be in the conversation, its a three horse race, at the moment.

vCash
    Don't forget, Tampa lost Shields, they'll take a step back this year. They still have no offense outside of Longoria. Wil Meyers is a great young prospect but he won't be ready for a year or two. I see the AL East shaping up as:

Toronto
    New York
    Baltimore
    Tampa Bay
    Boston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Curtain View Post
    Don't forget, Tampa lost Shields, they'll take a step back this year. They still have no offense outside of Longoria. Wil Meyers is a great young prospect but he won't be ready for a year or two.
    I agree. I think rooting for Tampa Bay has almost become fashionable these days, and people want to believe they'll be in it every year. Despite losing BJ Upton and Jeff Keppinger, their offense may end up slightly improved this year with Wil Myers and Yunel Escobar joining Ben Zobrist, Evan Longoria and Desmond Jennings or at least just as mediocre as it was last year. That being said, I think Hellickson is really overrated and due for a step back and the loss of Shields will be a big chunk of quality innings that needs to be filled. I don't see them getting 90 wins again, I'd guess somewhere around 83-86 personally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Curtain View Post
    Don't forget, Tampa lost Shields, they'll take a step back this year. They still have no offense outside of Longoria. Wil Meyers is a great young prospect but he won't be ready for a year or two. I see the AL East shaping up as:

Toronto
    New York
    Baltimore
    Tampa Bay
    Boston
    I Agree.....pitching is the biggest aspect in baseball

vCash
    Yanks...they lost Swisher and gained a healthy Gardner ...they won 95 games they'll win the East again..... Happy New Year!!!!!

vCash
    I'm a Jays fan and hope we overtake the Yanks and Rays, but there is something about the Yankees that worries me. They seem to find a way to win. I'll go with my Jays though. I'm a homer....I'm allowed to do that. Happy New Year all. Should be a good season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    Yanks...they lost Swisher and gained a healthy Gardner ...they won 95 games they'll win the East again..... Happy New Year!!!!!
    oh ya....don't forget...they got swept by a team that only won 88 games....have a great year

vCash
    its yanks and jays neck and neck ATM followed by rays, balt and bos...i give yanks edge due to experience but jays have more potential

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    oh ya....don't forget...they got swept by a team that only won 88 games....have a great year
    and you won 22 less games than the Yanks......remember that

vCash
    delete

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast