Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who do you got?

Voters
311. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baltimore

    14 4.50%
  • New York

    74 23.79%
  • Toronto

    179 57.56%
  • Boston

    6 1.93%
  • Tampa bay

    38 12.22%
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 356
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,812
    vCash
    1500
    Tampa with a crazy fight between toronto, Ny and Baltimore for second. Depending on the Red Sox of season it can be a 5 team race.

    I gotta go Tampa # 1 though.


    Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,340
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    This poll should be better after December.
    Agree...

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    261
    vCash
    1500
    Yankees, Rays, Jay, O's, Red sox
    Go Yanks!!!

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    22,588
    vCash
    8600
    Red Sox...totally the Red Sox



    #BostonStrong

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    16,586
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    Yeah, you're right. It's clearly the O's. Josh Johnson, Mark Buehrle and Brandon Morrow have nothing on Jake Arrieta, Tommy Hunter and Brian Matusz...

    Considering most people are saying the Jays, Rays and Yankees are 1-2-3 (in no particular order necessarily) should give you some indication that it isn't simply Jays fans base being delusional. There's reason for optimism.

    The Jays haven't played a game yet in 2013, you're 100% correct about that. But then again, neither have any of the 29 other teams also so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. The 2013 Orioles that you're campaigning for haven't played any games yet either.
    I hope you realize the three pitchers you picked to compare to your 3...aren't even in the rotation.

    This is what I mean, I honestly don't think people have that much knowledge on us besides a few guys like Jeffy in here. All those 3 guys were moved to the bullpen near the end of last year and were pretty damn good out there.

    And yes, the reason I am commenting on this late is because I missed it earlier.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    I hope you realize the three pitchers you picked to compare to your 3...aren't even in the rotation.
    Well then enlighten us please, you really aren't making any solid points in either of the threads where you're campaigning for people to love and respect the Orioles as much as you do.

    Arrieta, Hunter and Matusz started 18, 20 and 16 games respectively in 2012 and are all still on the Orioles roster. You mention Miguel Gonzalez and Chris Tillman previously as the great O's hope, so which 3 are we missing that pitch behind them? Wei-Yen Chen I assume since he was the only pitcher on the Orioles who started more than 20 games last year (32).

    So would you prefer that I respond to your rather dismissive comment about the Blue Jays by comparing Josh Johnson, Brandon Morrow and Mark Buehrle to Wei-Yen Chen, Chris Tillman and Miguel Gonzalez?

    If you would like to concede that the Orioles starting rotation is at best 4th on paper (and that's being generous) in the division and would like to claim that the bullpen or lineup are going to overcome this weakness to launch them above the Yankees, Rays and Jays then you should just make that argument instead and we'll deal with those newly flawed arguments as they come.

    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    This is what I mean, I honestly don't think people have that much knowledge on us besides a few guys like Jeffy in here. All those 3 guys were moved to the bullpen near the end of last year and were pretty damn good out there.
    So after spending most of the season in the rotation, they were moved to the bullpen at the very end and you're saying that I don't know what I'm talking about in dismissing the Orioles chances based on their lack of starting rotation depth and quality?

    As I see it, the Orioles rank 4th in the division in starting pitching, 1st in the division in relief pitching and 4th in the division in offense based on the current rosters (with the obligatory boring caveats that it's still early, lots of roster moves can be done and they still have to play the games).

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    16,586
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    Well then enlighten us please, you really aren't making any solid points in either of the threads where you're campaigning for people to love and respect the Orioles as much as you do.

    Arrieta, Hunter and Matusz started 18, 20 and 16 games respectively in 2012 and are all still on the Orioles roster. You mention Miguel Gonzalez and Chris Tillman previously as the great O's hope, so which 3 are we missing that pitch behind them? Wei-Yen Chen I assume since he was the only pitcher on the Orioles who started more than 20 games last year (32).

    So would you prefer that I respond to your rather dismissive comment about the Blue Jays by comparing Josh Johnson, Brandon Morrow and Mark Buehrle to Wei-Yen Chen, Chris Tillman and Miguel Gonzalez?

    If you would like to concede that the Orioles starting rotation is at best 4th on paper (and that's being generous) in the division and would like to claim that the bullpen or lineup are going to overcome this weakness to launch them above the Yankees, Rays and Jays then you should just make that argument instead and we'll deal with those newly flawed arguments as they come.



    So after spending most of the season in the rotation, they were moved to the bullpen at the very end and you're saying that I don't know what I'm talking about in dismissing the Orioles chances based on their lack of starting rotation depth and quality?

    As I see it, the Orioles rank 4th in the division in starting pitching, 1st in the division in relief pitching and 4th in the division in offense based on the current rosters (with the obligatory boring caveats that it's still early, lots of roster moves can be done and they still have to play the games).
    Yes, I would rather you compare those 3 to our 3. I wouldn't be mad at all about it, we also have Hammel and Bundy/Gausman in that rotation. Do we have a true ace like you? No. But I certainly wouldn't be worried at all putting that rotation out there if we don't make any move for a SP.

    I'm done with you man. If I didn't make points too you, than you obviously are just trying to be a pain in the side.

    The Blue Jays haven't even played a game with there new team, the Orioles haven't even made a move in the offseason yet, to proclaim they are the best when the offseason literally just started and the winter meetings aren't even upon us are ridiculous.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    Yes, I would rather you compare those 3 to our 3. I wouldn't be mad at all about it, we also have Hammel and Bundy/Gausman in that rotation. Do we have a true ace like you? No. But I certainly wouldn't be worried at all putting that rotation out there if we don't make any move for a SP.
    Where would you rank that rotation against the other 4 in the division though?

    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    I'm done with you man. If I didn't make points too you, than you obviously are just trying to be a pain in the side.
    You haven't made any points. You're comments are "they had 93 wins in 2012" and "We have prospects". You didn't address any counter arguments or make any solid points of your own for your position.

    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    The Blue Jays haven't even played a game with there new team, the Orioles haven't even made a move in the offseason yet, to proclaim they are the best when the offseason literally just started and the winter meetings aren't even upon us are ridiculous.
    No one is making bold proclamations. I, personally, think that it'll be a really competitive division between the Yankees, Blue Jays and Rays. This thread is about plausible predictions, which aren't the same as proclamations.

    If you decide you just cant stay away from defending your O's, I'd love to see you come back with a solid argument why they are better going forward than their division rivals.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    16,586
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    Where would you rank that rotation against the other 4 in the division though?



    You haven't made any points. You're comments are "they had 93 wins in 2012" and "We have prospects". You didn't address any counter arguments or make any solid points of your own for your position.



    No one is making bold proclamations. I, personally, think that it'll be a really competitive division between the Yankees, Blue Jays and Rays. This thread is about plausible predictions, which aren't the same as proclamations.

    If you decide you just cant stay away from defending your O's, I'd love to see you come back with a solid argument why they are better going forward than their division rivals.
    As of right now, i'd rank it 4th. Gonzalez has to prove he's for real as well as everyone else. But if all of them pitch like they did last year and you add a Bundy/Gausman to the rotation, it can only go up from there. Again, we might not have that ace but i'm not dreading a start from any of our 5 guys like some teams.

    Yes, I said they had 93 wins and good prospects. They were one of the best in the league last year, again, I realize what our bullpen did was ridiculous, but until we show we can't win without that production I don't think we should proclaim that they aren't in the race. Bundy and Gausman SHOULD be in the rotation this year, why wouldn't I mention them? They both have TOR stuff. Could they not work out there rookie year? Most definitely.

    You and a lot of people are thinking those exact 3 are the only ones truthfully in the race, I understand that. You and Yankees have the big payroll with big names and the Rays have there proven success and great rotation, it's fine. In all seriousness, I'm fine with us not being mentioned. We showed what we could do last year. I'm pretty excited about having a full year of Machado, because what he did for this team did wonders and we had Betemit at 3rd before this.

    Again, I just think until we start talking favorites we wait and see how the offseason plays out. We just let Reynolds, our 1B, go. We just essentially let McLouth who was a big player for us go from the sounds of it. We are going to make moves. I'm confident in Duquette after last year even if he was lucky on some things. We have some pretty good talent evaluators and i'm excited to see what they do.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    As of right now, i'd rank it 4th. Gonzalez has to prove he's for real as well as everyone else. But if all of them pitch like they did last year and you add a Bundy/Gausman to the rotation, it can only go up from there. Again, we might not have that ace but i'm not dreading a start from any of our 5 guys like some teams.
    So I guess that last part is your argument. The Orioles have more depth in their rotation? I don't know if I would say they have more than the Blue Jays or the Rays who both can put out a very good top 5. The Yankees and the Red Sox are the teams with holes to fill in the rotation.

    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    You and a lot of people are thinking those exact 3 are the only ones truthfully in the race, I understand that. You and Yankees have the big payroll with big names and the Rays have there proven success and great rotation, it's fine. In all seriousness, I'm fine with us not being mentioned. We showed what we could do last year. I'm pretty excited about having a full year of Machado, because what he did for this team did wonders and we had Betemit at 3rd before this.
    Well, I don't have a big payroll. I'm just a fan. The Blue Jays payroll has increased but it's hardly in the same league as the Yankees. Currently it sits around $120M

    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    Again, I just think until we start talking favorites we wait and see how the offseason plays out. We just let Reynolds, our 1B, go. We just essentially let McLouth who was a big player for us go from the sounds of it. We are going to make moves. I'm confident in Duquette after last year even if he was lucky on some things. We have some pretty good talent evaluators and i'm excited to see what they do.
    Yeah, there's still time and I'm sure the Yankees and Red Sox will probably make moves in greater volume and significance than the other 3 teams in the division during the remainder of the off-season. The guy who made the thread specifically put in all caps at the end of the title "RIGHT NOW" to be clear about it. It may be premature, but it's still just a discussion of the current landscape of the AL East.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    16,586
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    So I guess that last part is your argument. The Orioles have more depth in their rotation? I don't know if I would say they have more than the Blue Jays or the Rays who both can put out a very good top 5. The Yankees and the Red Sox are the teams with holes to fill in the rotation.



    Well, I don't have a big payroll. I'm just a fan. The Blue Jays payroll has increased but it's hardly in the same league as the Yankees. Currently it sits around $120M



    Yeah, there's still time and I'm sure the Yankees and Red Sox will probably make moves in greater volume and significance than the other 3 teams in the division during the remainder of the off-season. The guy who made the thread specifically put in all caps at the end of the title "RIGHT NOW" to be clear about it. It may be premature, but it's still just a discussion of the current landscape of the AL East.
    Really don't feel like going back and forth anymore, I guess we'll see how things play out.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    Posts
    27,522
    vCash
    13463
    Orioles
    Jays
    NY
    Tampa
    Boston
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

    "We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

  13. #73
    Dcup's Avatar
    Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    6,260
    vCash
    1500
    I voted the Yankees...well because they were the last team to win the damn division and there haven't been any games played since!
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    2,209
    vCash
    500
    Rays
    Jays
    Orioles
    Yanks (Age has to catch up with them at some point, this may be the year if Jeter/Pettitte/Rivera aren't up to standard)
    Red Sox

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Where ever the battle is
    Posts
    1,269
    vCash
    1500
    Dont mean to bump but I didnt think it was worthy of starting a new thread.

    So how does the TBay/KC trade impact the AL East? Does this drop TBay to third?

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •