Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Like I said, I really don't want Starling. We need a guy that can play this year, or next year at the latest. I think Myers and Gordon are the fits for us here, and there could be a deal made

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsJets0809 View Post
    Like I said, I really don't want Starling. We need a guy that can play this year, or next year at the latest. I think Myers and Gordon are the fits for us here, and there could be a deal made
    I don't see them trading Myers.

I wouldn't trade Niese for Gordon.

Royals prob don't trade Gordon for Dickey.

Cain isn't that good and not worth a trade for Dickey.

Is it fair to assume all this?

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Let me Clarify my statements because it seems a lot of you disagree with me.

When a team is close to competing overpaying for a player is justified.

The Mets have 4 holes in their everyday lineup but have highly desirable starting pitching.

From a Mets standpoint, trading away Dickey for Cain doesn't make much sense. We would still have 3 glaring holes.

If the Royals want to overpay for Dickey or Niese then trading them is okay. If you can't get and absolute haul after the winter meetings you extend Dickey and walk away.

Examples....

Myers - Niese
    Gordan, Odorazzi - Niese
    Gordon, Ventura - Dickey
    Myers - Dickey, Duda, Familia
    Starling, Odorazzi, Ventura - Dickey
    Cain, Odorazzi, Ventura + lower level spec - Dickey

The Mets are not in position to trade a player for less then he is worth based on filling a hole. You only trade to fill holes when that hole separated you from an average team to a playoff caliber team. Not a bad team to an average team.

vCash
    Do I think there is a chance the Royals turn down all of those proposals? Yes I do.

So best case scenario we get a Haul for Dickey.

Worst Case we walk away with a CY Young Award winning pitcher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Let me Clarify my statements because it seems a lot of you disagree with me.

When a team is close to competing overpaying for a player is justified.

The Mets have 4 holes in their everyday lineup but have highly desirable starting pitching.

From a Mets standpoint, trading away Dickey for Cain doesn't make much sense. We would still have 3 glaring holes.

If the Royals want to overpay for Dickey or Niese then trading them is okay. If you can't get and absolute haul after the winter meetings you extend Dickey and walk away.

Examples....

Myers - Niese
    Gordan, Odorazzi - Niese
    Gordon, Ventura - Dickey
    Myers - Dickey, Duda, Familia
    Starling, Odorazzi, Ventura - Dickey
    Cain, Odorazzi, Ventura + lower level spec - Dickey

The Mets are not in position to trade a player for less then he is worth based on filling a hole. You only trade to fill holes when that hole separated you from an average team to a playoff caliber team. Not a bad team to an average team.
    I think you are undervaluing Dickey. Perhaps it is because you are thinking that he will be lost to free agency after 2013. The smart way the Mets will shop him is with a window for the acquiring team to negotiate an extension. That drives up his trade value.

That said, if the Royals really want him, I don't think a Dickey for Myers trade straight up is that far fetched. Also, I think Cain is worth more than you are considering. In 110 major league games he has a WAR of 4.0, contributing both offensively and defensively. He covers a lot of ground in center field and he has a track record of patience in the minor leagues, with a high OBP.

Bottom line is if I couldn't get Myers for Dickey, I'd certainly grab Cain, Odorizzi, Ventura and Matt Ridings. I'm not sure the Royals would give up that much for Dickey. You might not get both Odorizzi and Ventura, and might have to settle for something like Cain, Odorizzi, Jorge Bonifacio and Matt Ridings.
    Last edited by dunbummin; 12-01-2012 at 12:35 AM.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    In a report for ESPN, Jayson Stark spoke with an MLB executive who predicts the Royals will ultimately move top prospect Wil Myers to dramatically improve their starting pitching.

“They know they can’t get in on Greinke. And they feel like they have a shot to win that division if they get the right guy. So I think they pull the trigger,” the executive told Stark.

Yesterday, Jon Heyman of CBS Sports said the Royals have shown interest in R.A. Dickey, but would prefer to trade a younger package of prospects to acquire him as opposed to dealing top outfield prospect Wil Myers.

Myers, who will be 22 on Opening Day, hit a combined .314 with a .600 SLG, 37 home runs and 109 RBI and 140 strikeouts between Double-A Northwest Arkansas and Triple-A Omaha in 2012. He has not yet played in the Major Leagues.
    I would love it.

vCash
    Make it happen Omar!

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    I don't see them trading Myers.

I wouldn't trade Niese for Gordon.

Royals prob don't trade Gordon for Dickey.

Cain isn't that good and not worth a trade for Dickey.

Is it fair to assume all this?
    There's something wrong there somewhere, unless you think the Royals are badly over-valuing Gordon. Or unless you somehow think Niese is somehow worth as much as (or more than?) Dickey?

Basically, if Gordon is too good for them to trade for Dickey, why wouldn't you want him for Niese?

vCash
    I would hate to see Dickey leave, but he deserves a chance to win a title and we could sure use a player like Wil Meyers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Once again fellas...... NO WAY KC is trading Myers for Dickey straight up. You're nuts if you think there's even a chance.

Number 3 prospect in all of MLB...

Wheeler for Myers.... if you wanna do that, then there might be a trade to be made. Otherwise, stop dreamin.

vCash
    Of course there's a chance. It's just unlikely. It also depends on how the market plays out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Once again fellas...... NO WAY KC is trading Myers for Dickey straight up. You're nuts if you think there's even a chance.

Number 3 prospect in all of MLB...

Wheeler for Myers.... if you wanna do that, then there might be a trade to be made. Otherwise, stop dreamin.
    There is always a chance, as small as it is. The Royals GM has done stupider things.

vCash
    In a Dickey/Myers trade I would also be open to including ANY prospects not named Wheeler/Harvey/Nimmo/Flores/Cecchini/Fulmer.
    that still leaves:

Famillia/Mejia/Puello/Tapia/Montero/Havens/Marte/Mazzoni/Den-Dekker/Urbina/Lagares/Kirk/Duda

If the Royals are seriously open to trading Myers for a top SP, I cant see them turning down Dickey + 1 or 2 of those players I mentioned.

vCash
    McCulloughSL Sandy Alderson's comment on David Wright: "It doesn't look like he'll be traded." So there is that.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    If I were the Royals GM, would I trade Meyers for Dickey? No. But that doesn't mean that it won't happen. If other starting pitching options are not there, and the Royals are eager to compete this year, they might accept a package of Dickey, plus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast