Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    I would want a package around Starling for dickey or a Myers for niese.

Cain isn't that great and already gonna be 27 by next season. That's not old by any means but by his age if he were that good he would be more accomplished by now. I would trade Dickey for Starling and Odorizzi in a second.

Dickey, familia, Duda

For

Starling, Odorizzi and Ventura

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    If they really wanted to add pitching take dickey for a package around starling. Make Duda there full time DH.

Trade butler for hellikson and then they have a pretty balanced and strong team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post

Cain isn't that great and already gonna be 27 by next season. That's not old by any means but by his age if he were that good he would be more accomplished by now. I would trade Dickey for Starling and Odorizzi in a second.

Dickey, familia, Duda

For

Which is why I say Cain and Odorizzi. We aren't getting those 3 prospects for Dickey, lets be real. That would be a haul we could get for Wright or maybe Niese.

vCash
    LOL people thinking we can get Bubba Starling for Dickey. BAHAHAHAHAHA

vCash

Dickey, familia, Duda

For

a PACKAGE around Starling or Myers for Niese?? Are these straight up deals? Dude that is some serious overrating of our players. They would laugh hard at both those proposals....

Seriously, you think we should get Starling AND other players for Dickey? or Myers for Niese?? Their number 1 prospect? HAHA

Wow.... i'm actually laughing right now.

vCash
    Sandy, work some magic and get Myers for Dickey, straight up. If you got Wheeler (now the #6 prospect in all of baseball) for a half year of Beltran, then you should be able to get Myers (baseball's #3 prospect) for a full year of Dickey with a window to extend him.

If Sandy is unable to get KC to budge on Myers, I would certainly take Cain and Odorizzi. They might be willing to part with Cain, since they have 2 good young outfielders behind him on their depth chart. Odorizzi could probably compete for a spot in the rotation in Spring Training.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    I hope they dont trade Dickey, or Niese unless we can get someone who's redy to start in outfield or behind the plate this season.

We've waited on many prospects that never panned out, unless we re getting multiple high ranked, and one is a cant miss, I'd rather keep them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantrash View Post
    I hope they dont trade Dickey, or Niese unless we can get someone who's redy to start in outfield or behind the plate this season.

We've waited on many prospects that never panned out, unless we re getting multiple high ranked, and one is a cant miss, I'd rather keep them

I would not trade Dickey either unless the package was close to mind-bending. Same with Niese. It is rumored that the Mets would only deal Dickey for a significant return.

I don't buy into the worries that he is 38 years old. Dickey has thrown 2300 innings during his pro career. Phil Niekro threw over 5400 innings, and Jamie Moyer threw over 4000. Dickey should be good for at least 1000 more IP -- in my opinion. Plus, the Mets don't push RA as deep into games as they could, and he is well-rested between starts.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    a PACKAGE around Starling or Myers for Niese?? Are these straight up deals? Dude that is some serious overrating of our players. They would laugh hard at both those proposals....

Seriously, you think we should get Starling AND other players for Dickey? or Myers for Niese?? Their number 1 prospect? HAHA

Wow.... i'm actually laughing right now.
    I am actually laughing at you. Reason being you don't trade guys like that if you can't get a haul for them.

If the can't get Starling and Ventura for Dickey there is no point in trading Dickey.

If they can't get Myers for Niese there is no point in trading Niese.

Simple as that. You don't trade players just to trade them. That is a terrible mentality. The Royals have a need. We fit that need. So if they want to fulfill that need then they have to overpay.

Especially when the players they would be giving us would not help our team right away. Please no more of this Lorenzo Cain for Dickey BS. He's 27 and has yet to play a full season, I would rather hold onto our CY YOung winning pitcher.

As for Niese... Unless we are getting Myers straight up or Starling and Odorizzi there is no way I let him go.
    Last edited by Rio40; 11-30-2012 at 08:37 AM.

vCash

Well put!!!

I am actually laughing at you. Reason being you don't trade guys like that if you can't get a haul for them.

If the can't get Starling and Ventura for Dickey there is no point in trading Dickey.

If they can't get Myers for Niese there is no point in trading Niese.

Simple as that. You don't trade players just to trade them. That is a terrible mentality. The Royals have a need. We fit that need. So if they want to fulfill that need then they have to overpay.

Especially when the players they would be giving us would not help our team right away. Please no more of this Lorenzo Cain for Dickey BS. He's 27 and has yet to play a full season, I would rather hold onto our CY YOung winning pitcher.

As for Niese... Unless we are getting Myers straight up or Starling and Odorizzi there is no way I let him go.
    Here here! Voice of reason. I think we'll see SA hand next week. If nothing comes from next week's meeting, then it'll be a very quiet winter. I think we'll see Niese get mentioned alot.
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    LOL people thinking we can get Bubba Starling for Dickey. BAHAHAHAHAHA
    Why is that so funny? Name me another Cy Young award winning pitcher that is on the market? Then name one that makes 5 million?

In over the last 3 years Dickey made 7.1 million. That's a 182,000 per win.

When Lee was traded he was making 9 million, was owed roughly 4 million at the time of the trade. Seattle received Beaven, Lueke, Lawson and Smoak. Smoak was the #13 prospect in Baseball and was playing AAA ball.

Starling is 3 years away at the earliest, He's 20 and struck out 30% of time in the Appy league. He's rated so high because of the draft buzz.

If I'm the Royals, this is the guy I'm dangling to let teams salivate over.

I don't think you will get Odorizzi, the Royals need him this year. Ventura is a huge upside low floor. But right now the Mets have to take a chance on him.

Another kid I like is Mondesi, not sure they would part with him.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Why is that so funny? Name me another Cy Young award winning pitcher that is on the market? Then name one that makes 5 million?

In over the last 3 years Dickey made 7.1 million. That's a 182,000 per win.

When Lee was traded he was making 9 million, was owed roughly 4 million at the time of the trade. Seattle received Beaven, Lueke, Lawson and Smoak. Smoak was the #13 prospect in Baseball and was playing AAA ball.

Starling is 3 years away at the earliest, He's 20 and struck out 30% of time in the Appy league. He's rated so high because of the draft buzz.

If I'm the Royals, this is the guy I'm dangling to let teams salivate over.

I don't think you will get Odorizzi, the Royals need him this year. Ventura is a huge upside low floor. But right now the Mets have to take a chance on him.

Another kid I like is Mondesi, not sure they would part with him.
    Starling is also 2 years away. I don't see a reason not to trade a prospect 2 years away from the majors for a Cy young winner making 5million.

vCash
    Starling is also 2 years away. I don't see a reason not to trade a prospect 2 years away from the majors for a Cy young winner making 5million.
    Starling just played in the appy league.
    He's more like 3-4 years away.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Ok so lets say he is 3 years away.

Its easier to trade away a player thats 3 years away from the Majors then it is a MLB ready player. The Mets should ask for Starling and Odorizzi.

If the Royals counter with Cain and Odorizzi which I doubt (Royals are trading for Dickey because they feel they can with now), We would have to counter with adding Ventura to that package and not settle for less.

Its basic supply and demand. We have pitching they need pitching. They feel like they can contend with pitching. If they want to win badly enough they will give up a haul of lower level prospects to do so.

You can't settle for a trade to give up a Cy Young winner.

vCash
    Yup. If we acquired him somehow, I'd imagine his progression path would go something like this:

2013: Savannah
    2014: St. Lucie
    2015: Binghamton/Las Vegas
    2016: Las Vegas/Majors

I'm not a big Starling fan. I think it speaks volumes that a top 5 pick was in the appy league the year after he was drafted, and didn't even really rake.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast