Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    That would never happen.
    Would you take Niese, Familia and Duda for your cornerstone catcher and CF?
    Come on.
    I didnt mean Perez. I didnt even realize I wrote that haha. I meant Starling
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    Odorizzi would be called up sometime this season.
    Starling is a top 50 prospect who plays in the outfield, he is a few years away.

Ventura could be called up in 2014.
    After stumbling out of the gate and allowing twelve earned runs through his first 15 innings pitched, Ventura kicked his motor in to high gear. Harnessing his power arm, the right-hander’s fastball consistently lit up 97′s and 98′s on radar guns, and even touched 100 MPH on multiple occasions. More importantly, he convinced scouts that he was more than just a thrower, showing improved control and unveiling two promising offspeed pitches by the end of the summer.
    A scouting report about Ventura

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Another thing, Sandy says "what outfield?" and yet does nothing to fix it. What a joke.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Odorizzi would be called up sometime this season.
    Starling is a top 50 prospect who plays in the outfield, he is a few years away.

Ventura could be called up in 2014.

A scouting report about Ventura
    Yeah thanks man. I just read about all three. To be honest, I think I trade Dickey for this package. Ordorizzi seems to be a solid future pitcher. And we get to keep Niese. The only thing is that I wouldn't want to keep looking forward to the next year every year. Eventually, we gotta start getting guys to play now. So idk it would be tough but I'd probably do this if it meant we would start adding players

vCash
    There's a difference between low-level and low-end prospects. Bubba Starling is low-level but he might have a higher upside than Myers. I doubt KC gives up Myers anyway.

Starling and Ventura/Odorizza would be great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    In other words, the Royals would like us to trade them Dickey for a pile of junk.

How is this news? What team wouldn't give up a bunch of low-end prospects for him?
    Starling was #21 prospect in the MLB and Odorizzi #30. It would be great to get them two for Dickey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Another thing, Sandy says "what outfield?" and yet does nothing to fix it. What a joke.
    Indeed. But the joke's on us.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Any two of those guys would be good. I would bet though the Royals would have in mind something like Yordano Ventura + Lorenzo Cain.

vCash
    I would take Lorenzo Cain and Jake Odorizzi for Dickey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Starling was #21 prospect in the MLB and Odorizzi #30. It would be great to get them two for Dickey.
    OK fair enough, if you can get both of 'em.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The-rock-man View Post
    Lets see what they have to offer, KC would be a good place to send Duda as well. Is KC set at 1st base?

Is this a serious question and do you pay attention to baseball outside of the Mets?

The Royals are very set at 1B with Eric Hosmer and Billy Butler.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I would take Lorenzo Cain and Jake Odorizzi for Dickey.
    i would take just Lorenzo Cain for Dickey is that offer was there. Maybe shop around and look for something better but in the end if thats the best we can get i'd definitely take it.

even with a two yr extension for Dickey, we aren't winning a WS within 2 yrs so get what we can.... and Cain has a good shot at being pretty damn solid for yrs to come.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    i would take just Lorenzo Cain for Dickey is that offer was there. Maybe shop around and look for something better but in the end if thats the best we can get i'd definitely take it.

even with a two yr extension for Dickey, we aren't winning a WS within 2 yrs so get what we can.... and Cain has a good shot at being pretty damn solid for yrs to come.
    Yeah Cain is gonna be solid. i think I'd want another, lesser piece like Ventura back for Dickey though

Personally, I think we matchup better with the Angels and A's than the Royals though. None of the three are gonna trade their top 2 prospects, but the Angels and A's have better players that fit our needs not as high

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsJets0809 View Post
    Yeah Cain is gonna be solid. i think I'd want another, lesser piece like Ventura back for Dickey though

Personally, I think we matchup better with the Angels and A's than the Royals though. None of the three are gonna trade their top 2 prospects, but the Angels and A's have better players that fit our needs not as high
    yea of course i'd rather have Cain AND Venture but just sayin if it came down to it, i'd do Dickey for Cain straight up. A two yr extension is gonna be a waste of money for Dickey unless we're gonna buy several more very good players next yr cuz we currently aren't close to WS contender.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post

We'd be getting robbed in that deal. Dickey may be old, but he can easily be great for at least 4 more years. I like Cain, but not enough to deal for him straight up. I need at least one prospect in the deal.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast