Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Post rumor:Gooden to 76ers?

With the NBA heading into the second month of play, fans and experts are getting a better fell for teams around the league and what they might need to make improvements. Philadelphia is one team that is not playing as expected, but much of that is because of the injury to Andrew Bynum, but a trade could give the 76ers and their fans the spark they need for the rest of the season.

Rumors have Bynum missing anywhere from another month to the rest of the season and in either case adding another center is a solid move for the franchise. Zach Buckley has suggested that the front office looks into adding Drew Gooden from Milwaukee as the veteran isn't getting any playing time and the cost for Philly would be minimal.

Gooden is a solid rebounder and decent scorer as his career totals of 12 points and 7.7 rebounds suggest. The 31-year-old still has the game to help a team, especially one fighting for a spot in this year's playoffs and the 76ers could use another big body in the paint.

The NBA trade deadline is still weeks away, but moving quickly on a trade like this could help both Gooden and the team as a short term solution as the 76ers battle to stay in contention in the tough Eastern Conference.
    http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle...81474981783009

Send us Richardson for Gooden and call it a day.

vCash
    If we got Jason Richardson, I would start crying and rejoicing Hammond!!!
    [Center]FEAR THE DEAR

vCash
    Not sure what else they would offer? Gooden for Richardson is the closes it is for salaries. Other wise have to be Gooden for two players but were at 15 already. So then we have to waive a player then. Wright and a filler?

vCash
    I would assume we would have to give up more than Gooden, maybe a second rounder or two, possibly Doron Lamb. I'm all for this as long as we don't have to give up a first.

vCash
    Ditching Lamb this early is stupid.

vCash
    Trust me on this one. Doron Lamb isn't going anywhere. Also, yes that is all we would need to give up because the 6ers are desperate for some veteran post help. How the hell they think Gooden is the answer? I have no clue, but if it brings us JRich **** YAH!!!
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    I still don't think Gooden is a bad player in the right role. Unfortunately for him, we don't have that role on the team. I don't think he'd be a bad addition for the 76ers.

vCash
    if we trade lamb harris henson udoh or sanders to get rid of gooden i will boycot the bucks and will become a wolves fan...just bc i hate chicago sports teams that much lol
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    JR would be a good trade, though not sure 76ers interested in that one.

vCash
    JR or Wright would be fine by me. Doubt 76ers fans would be interested. Not sure how much this rumor has legs or not.

vCash
    Already posted in their forum. I got laughs. But hey for Dorell Wright I think it'd be a decent trade for both teams. If we got Jrich I would feel as though we robbed them, which I simply don't see happeneing.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    JR was considered another bad contract though during the Bynum trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    Already posted in their forum. I got laughs. But hey for Dorell Wright I think it'd be a decent trade for both teams. If we got Jrich I would feel as though we robbed them, which I simply don't see happeneing.
    Yeah I was gonna post the link there as well when I found it but didn't. Guess Gooden isn't good enough but yet they have a trade topic up for Bynum already. lol Gooden would give them 15 to 20 points any given night there as third fiddle. Yeah he's brain dead when comes to playing D and does bone head plays. But will pull a triple double out a couple times a year shockingly. lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by salsa View Post
    If we got Jason Richardson, I would start crying and rejoicing Hammond!!!
    I would be pissed if we received Jason Richardson... I don't understand all the excitement from you guys over an OK player on the downside of his career. I thought we wanted to build this team and get our young core some experience? I guess not... Let's trade Lamb or one of our young PF's for a soon to be 32 year old who will eat up 28 minutes a game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brisk002 View Post
    I would be pissed if we received Jason Richardson... I don't understand all the excitement from you guys over an OK player on the downside of his career. I thought we wanted to build this team and get our young core some experience? I guess not... Let's trade Lamb or one of our young PF's for a soon to be 32 year old who will eat up 28 minutes a game?

I wouldn't put Lamb in the trade.

I was just saying, if we could somehow flip POS Gooden into Jason Richardson, that would be nice.
    [Center]FEAR THE DEAR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast