Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rkelly7 View Post
    not saying they are half of a team. Saying they are half of a copntending team. They would need 32 starts and 200 innings out of buehrle, johnson, morrow, and romero for them to have ashot at the division IMO. I'm not in Vegas, but i wouldn;t puit the chances of that higher than 100-1
    Luck can bounce either way.

If you say the orioles can reach the 90 win plateau than I say all the Jays pitchers can stay healthy throughout the season an pitch to their capabilities.

vCash
    not saying they are half of a team. Saying they are half of a copntending team. They would need 32 starts and 200 innings out of buehrle, johnson, morrow, and romero for them to have ashot at the division IMO. I'm not in Vegas, but i wouldn;t puit the chances of that higher than 100-1
    Vegas has the jays 14/1 to win the world series, so I would stay way from making odds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    book it Orioles won't produce the same results this following year. It's as fluky as our entire starting rotation and closer and our best hitter being out for most of the year. You realize we have a full complement of a starting rotation once again and a restocked bullpen and having our MVP-esque player in Bautista back in the lineup with a real lead off hitter and a real left fielder.

not sayin the Orioles won't do good but to put the Jays as "0.5" of a team when you're gloating about the Orioles is ridiculous. On paper, the Jays blow the Orioles out of the sky. Not saying that it matters much right now but almost everyone would take that Jays lineup over the Orioles anyday. Hence the odds of the Jays went up to 14/1 and the Orioles 28/1. Again i'm not saying this means much again but to keep saying the Jays are "0.5" of a team is rediculous.
    Since the majority of the current players on the Blue Jays roster are injury prone, I agree with the Orioles fan that the Jays are "0.5" of a team because by midseason your going to be looking for replacements AGAIN while they all take there turns on the DL. And do you really think Bautista will be the same hitter after major wrist surgery?

How did the Red Sox do after acquiring Gonzalez and Crawford? NO PLAYOFFS
    How did the Angels do after acquiring Pujols and Wilson? NO PLAYOFFS
    How did the Marlins do after acquiring Reyes, Buehrle and Bell? NO PLAYOFFS
    How did the Dodgers do after acquiring Gonzalez, Crawford, Beckett, Ramirez, Victorino? NO PLAYOFFS

How do you really expect the Blue Jays to do after acquiring Reyes, Buehrle and Johnson? FILL IN THE BLANK

I would take the Blue Jays roster in a video game forsure, but I'll take the Orioles all day in real life since they are proven healthy, and winners. Toronto has won nothing but the "Roster on paper Championship."
    Last edited by Bo Sox Fan; 12-03-2012 at 02:42 PM.
    WTA's Next Rising Superstar - #7 in the World

Montreal's Sweetheart Eugenie Bouchard

Go Genie Go!
    2014 US OPEN watch:

Rd 1. (W) 6-2 6-1

Rd 2. (W) 6-2 6-7 6-4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrker View Post
    Vegas has the jays 14/1 to win the world series, so I would stay way from making odds
    lol, I guess I'll believe it when I see it. It's an exciting time to be a Jays fan because you just got an influx of talent, but I'm not sold yet. Perhaps I will be when they play half a year of solid baseball if their starters stay off the DL and Romero learns how to pitch again. It's important for Reyes to be healthy as well.

vCash
    Alls I know is that it will be an exciting year for the AL East. Four of the teams have a shot to win 90 games, and even the Red Sox could sit at .500. I know the winter meetings aren't over, and this could change with one or two signings/trades, but every team is competent enough and I think the AL Central and West are going to have some horrid teams next year. The Mariners, Astros, Twins, Indians and Royals are likely in for brutal seasons IMO.

The AL east just has so much talent now.

It probably hasn't been this even of a playing field in a long time. Excited for April!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    Luck can bounce either way.

If you say the orioles can reach the 90 win plateau than I say all the Jays pitchers can stay healthy throughout the season an pitch to their capabilities.
    I haven't been saying they will win 90 games, but they could. So could the Jays. I'm not arguing the fact that the Jays have a lot of talent. They really do. But their injury history is what makes me downgrade them.

What happens if Reyes, an injury prone player has half his games on turf, gets hurt? You traded Yunel and Adeiny to the Marlins to get him. Do you want Maicer Izturis starting if Reyes goes down? Nobody would.

Johnson is a stud. He is awesome, but he has had health issues.

Morrow got hurt last year.

Bautista had wrist surgery and that can linger and affect a hitters power.

EE stepped up big last year, he is the man.

Reyes is a great player, but a question mark.

I think one of the most important turnarounds the jays ened is for Romero to come back healthy and effective. He was so good before last year!

I hope it works out for the Jays, evenm as an O's fan. I've always rooted for the Jays, but I'm not going to sit here and call them the favorites to win the division. If they sign Josh Hamilton or Greinke, I might change my mind. But now? I don't think so.

vCash
    I haven't been saying they will win 90 games, but they could. So could the Jays. I'm not arguing the fact that the Jays have a lot of talent. They really do. But their injury history is what makes me downgrade them.

What happens if Reyes, an injury prone player has half his games on turf, gets hurt? You traded Yunel and Adeiny to the Marlins to get him. Do you want Maicer Izturis starting if Reyes goes down? Nobody would.

Johnson is a stud. He is awesome, but he has had health issues.

Morrow got hurt last year.

Bautista had wrist surgery and that can linger and affect a hitters power.

EE stepped up big last year, he is the man.

Reyes is a great player, but a question mark.

I think one of the most important turnarounds the jays ened is for Romero to come back healthy and effective. He was so good before last year!

I hope it works out for the Jays, evenm as an O's fan. I've always rooted for the Jays, but I'm not going to sit here and call them the favorites to win the division. If they sign Josh Hamilton or Greinke, I might change my mind. But now? I don't think so.
    Playing the what if is kinda pointless. While I doubt the Orioles will be hit with the same amount of injuries as the Jays or Sox last year, if they are, you could be watching a 60 win Oriole team next year.

Every team has a weakness.

The Jays it's health.

The Yankees its age.

Rays its offense.

The Orioles it's if they can prove last season was no fluke.

Boston is rebuilding for a bit now.

It's easily concievable any of these teams with bad breaks could be looking up in the standings next year.

I honestly cannot say with certainly how the season will unfold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Sox Fan View Post
    Since the majority of the current players on the Blue Jays roster are injury prone, I agree with the Orioles fan that the Jays are "0.5" of a team because by midseason your going to be looking for replacements AGAIN while they all take there turns on the DL. And do you really think Bautista will be the same hitter after major wrist surgery?

How did the Dodgers do after acquiring Gonzalez, Crawford, Beckett, Ramirez, Victorino? NO PLAYOFFS

How do you really expect the Blue Jays to do after acquiring Reyes, Buehrle and Johnson? FILL IN THE BLANK

I would take the Blue Jays roster in a video game forsure, but I'll take the Orioles all day in real life since they are proven healthy, and winners. Toronto has won nothing but the "Roster on paper Championship."

Well that has a lot to do with the fact that the season hasnt even started yet.

It means absolutely nothing that other teams recently have made big splashes and failed. We obviously improved our team. Its not like we are throwing out the Marlins of last year. We already had a very high potential core last season coupled with Johnson, Reyes, Cabrera, Bonafacio, Izturis is an immense improvement.

I dont think you actually mean it when you say you would take Baltimores roster over Torontos. Youve gotta be smarter than that

vCash
    I have to lol at some Baltimore fans comments in here. They make the playoffs once in 15 years and all of a sudden they're a perennial powerhouse.

And all of the comments about all or half or the majority of Jays are injury prone, lol, this is like def comedy jam in here.
    Last edited by mike_noodles; 12-03-2012 at 03:45 PM.

vCash
    I am not trying to claim the O's will win the division or even make the playoffs again. I also do not believe we will only win 70 games. I see us as an above .500 team with a chnace for more, or less if we get hit with the injury bug.

I am simply stating the Jays are injury prone, especially their new additions. I think Buehrle will have the greatest impact on the team of the new gusy because he is a workhorse. Plain and simple. He is no ace, but he is quality and you can book him for 200 plus innings which is amazing to consistenly do nowadays.

I simply question the people saying the Jays are the favorites for the divsion. I guess the favorites have to be the Yanekes, but I don't even like to go that far.

It will be a close race all things considered.

I'm not trying to praise the O's and bash everyone else. I just question the people saying they already are favorites and have the division wrapped up. I think they need another big piece still, like Hamilton or Greinke.

vCash
    Ya pretty sure you can bookmark this thread for the crash back down to Earth in Baltimore this coming season...

They're record in 1 run games (29-9) and extra innings (16-2) was a once in a life-time situation. Even if those go back to average, the Orioles don't sniff the playoffs.

The rotation has a lot of questions. Chen going into his second tour of the league should be cause for concern too. We've seen a lot of Asian pitchers have a solid first season and then get hammered the following seasons. Gonzalez came out of no where, does that last? I remember Orioles' fans saying Brad Bergesen was the next big thing too... Tillman was awful before last year too, does that happen again? Which Hammel will show up? Saunders should be average as usual.

To me that's a lot of question marks and what if's in a starting rotation... The BP was great too, but you can't count on great BPs every year no matter what you do, too fickle.

They have some solid bats that shouldn't be a problem, though guys like Jones and Davis had career years, have to see where they go from here. The Orioles used a lot of smoke and mirrors and got performances from nobodies that it is hard to count on again.

They could take right where they left off last year, but personally I'm not betting on it. There will be a lot of hungry teams in this division that will not be taking the Orioles lightly any more. And if they put up those kind of numbers in one-run and extra inning games again, I'll eat my keyboard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Gruber View Post
    Ya pretty sure you can bookmark this thread for the crash back down to Earth in Baltimore this coming season...

They're record in 1 run games (29-9) and extra innings (16-2) was a once in a life-time situation. Even if those go back to average, the Orioles don't sniff the playoffs.

The rotation has a lot of questions. Chen going into his second tour of the league should be cause for concern too. We've seen a lot of Asian pitchers have a solid first season and then get hammered the following seasons. Gonzalez came out of no where, does that last? I remember Orioles' fans saying Brad Bergesen was the next big thing too... Tillman was awful before last year too, does that happen again? Which Hammel will show up? Saunders should be average as usual.

To me that's a lot of question marks and what if's in a starting rotation... The BP was great too, but you can't count on great BPs every year no matter what you do, too fickle.

They have some solid bats that shouldn't be a problem, though guys like Jones and Davis had career years, have to see where they go from here. The Orioles used a lot of smoke and mirrors and got performances from nobodies that it is hard to count on again.

They could take right where they left off last year, but personally I'm not betting on it. There will be a lot of hungry teams in this division that will not be taking the Orioles lightly any more. And if they put up those kind of numbers in one-run and extra inning games again, I'll eat my keyboard.
    Well just in case, how do you like your keyboard? Over easy?

vCash

Other than Reyes, who is injury prone on the Jays? fill in the blank. how are Orioles proven healthy and winners when they had 1 good season? give me a break. it goes both ways with the Jays. Unless Johnson get TJ surgery again and bautista is out for a prolonged period of time and Santos is off to the injury list again and so is 3/5 of our starters are on the DL as well for a 2nd consecutive year, you can't the Jays are injury prone (other than Reyes)

i'm not saying you're wrong either: but you can't say one (Orioles proven winners and healthy for... 1 season) and go 180 degrees on the other (Jays are injury prone for... 1 season) How is making the playoffs after x amount of years proven winners? proven winners = prolonged success over many years. injury prone = constantly injured over many seasons.
    Last edited by koreancabbage; 12-03-2012 at 04:30 PM.

vCash

Most of those teams had the players in question for about a year, the redsox and marlins blew up their team so who knows how they would have done long term,

As for the dodgers, they had half of those players for about a month and hanley and victorino for 2 months, plus they lost Bills in August and Kemp for extended periods of time, there was a point where Juan Rivera was hitting clean up because there was no one else. A lot went wrong last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I have to lol at some Baltimore fans comments in here. They make the playoffs once in 15 years and all of a sudden they're a perennial powerhouse.

And all of the comments about all or half or the majority of Jays are injury prone, lol, this is like def comedy jam in here.
    lol, how are we acting like we're a powerhouse? Are we excited and hopeful? Hell yeah we are. Why wouldn't we be?

I'm not going to sit here and be doom and gloom like every year before this as an O's fan. This is the first year i've seen my Orioles go over .500 and i'm 18 years old.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast