Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    The Jays one year won 87 games, very close to 90 wins, the next year I believed they bombed. The message here? Context. Alot went right for the Os last year, alot went wrong from their opponents in the AL east.
    Yeah, and your just basing that since some teams have sucked the year after they played well that the Orioles will do that when you guys have no idea if they will or not. The most recent season says they are a good team, that's what i'm going with. Also, it's not like the Orioles didn't have injuries. We lost our LF at the beginning of the year for the entire year, Markakis missed most of the year, B-Rob missed all year, and Hammel missed a lot of time. So I wouldn't say Red Sox and Blue Jays are the only ones who went through injuries.

Like I said, all our top guys will be back and some of our young guys like Machado/Tillman/Chen should only improve. Bundy and Gausman are close. The offseason just started and we have some money to spend. There's no reason to think we're going to be bad next year or not near the top of the division when we made the playoffs this year and the Jays and Red Sox were in the cellar.

vCash
    5/115 would be beyond stupid anyways. Why not just do 6/120? It lowers the AAV substantially and would be far and away the highest bid.

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    Yeah, and your just basing that since some teams have sucked the year after they played well that the Orioles will do that when you guys have no idea if they will or not. The most recent season says they are a good team, that's what i'm going with. Also, it's not like the Orioles didn't have injuries. We lost our LF at the beginning of the year for the entire year, Markakis missed most of the year, B-Rob missed all year, and Hammel missed a lot of time. So I wouldn't say Red Sox and Blue Jays are the only ones who went through injuries.

Like I said, all our top guys will be back and some of our young guys like Machado/Tillman/Chen should only improve. Bundy and Gausman are close. The offseason just started and we have some money to spend. There's no reason to think we're going to be bad next year or not near the top of the division when we made the playoffs this year and the Jays and Red Sox were in the cellar.
    And you honestly believe the Jays are a 70 win club next year with a staff ERA of over 5?

vCash
    i'm an indians fan so im unbiased in this discussion.. everybody is trashing the o's, for no reason.. yes the yankees and blue jays may have better pitching, but the o's are younger than the yankees and they have the better manager.. tampa plays better than they should every year because of joe maddon, baltimore has played better than they they should ever since buck showalter took over. look at their records before and after. coaching means more than people think. Baltimore Orioles will win the AL East if they sign Josh Hamilton

The start of something great to come in Carolina, bring on the haters!

vCash

I'm all for optimism in your team, but you are conveniently ignoring Jeffy's argument as to why the Orioles cannot sustain the success they had. I think they are a solid ball club personally... Not a 93 win team though. Its completely unsustainable moving forward.

vCash
    5 year 115mil? If that's the best offer out there the Rangers will match it in a heartbeat. He has said all along they get the first shot.

Word was Josh wants 7 years 170mil.
    Last edited by ddhulett; 11-29-2012 at 07:15 PM.

vCash
    This is hilarious, the O's have one miracle season and their fans are declaring them the best team in the division?

The Orioles had a run differential of +7 last year. Where as the Yanks had a run differential of +136 and the Rays had +120.

The Blue Jays were right there with everyone until they were decimated with injuries (Bautista, Santos, Morrow, Lawrie, Arencibia, Drabek, Hutchinson, Johnson, Frasor, Perez, Lind, Romero was clearly injured but kept playing.) With the additions they made on paper they look far superior to the O's.

Right now the only team I'd put the O's ahead of is the Red Sox. The Yanks are getting up there and may fall off soon but until that happens I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt.

This thread reaks of Oriole homers!

vCash
    I don't know the answer to this, but didn't the Orioles win a whole lot of 1 run ball games (or close) last year? that might be something that is unlikely to sustain.
    Hamilton sure would be good in that offense though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    You conveniently forgot to mention Hiroki Kuroda and Andy Pettitte.
    Maybe he didnt consider them front line starters

vCash
    Kuroda should have another good season, but I certainly wouldn't expect similar numbers from Pettitte. he is more of #3 anymore. I'm thinking numbers closer to what he had from 2007 to 2009, ERA closer to 4 and WHIP closer to 1.3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Miltstar View Post
    This is hilarious, the O's have one miracle season and their fans are declaring them the best team in the division?

The Orioles had a run differential of +7 last year. Where as the Yanks had a run differential of +136 and the Rays had +120.

The Blue Jays were right there with everyone until they were decimated with injuries (Bautista, Santos, Morrow, Lawrie, Arencibia, Drabek, Hutchinson, Johnson, Frasor, Perez, Lind, Romero was clearly injured but kept playing.) With the additions they made on paper they look far superior to the O's.

Right now the only team I'd put the O's ahead of is the Red Sox. The Yanks are getting up there and may fall off soon but until that happens I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt.

This thread reaks of Oriole homers!
    lol at this entire post! Who is saying we are the best team in the division? I just find it hilarious that people think we will be lucky to finish 3rd in the division.

Yes, and as I said, 1st half was a fluke, 2nd half wasn't though. We had a -60 or so run differential in June or July...so to have a +7 is pretty drastic considering how ridiculous it was midseason. That's what i said, our rotation was pretty bad in the 1st half. 2nd half is when it really came on and Tillman, Gonzo, and Britton came into the rotation and made a huge impact. Add those guys for a full season and Gausman/Bundy, I see no reason why anyone would think our rotation is bad or anything.

This thread reaks of "what if's". The fact is, we won 93 games last year. Doesn't matter how we did it, we did it. To down us for taking advantage and playing really well in close games is ridiculous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ddhulett View Post
    5 year 115mil? If that's the best offer out there the Rangers will match it in a heartbeat. He has said all along they get the first shot.

Word was Josh wants 7 years 170mil.
    I want the phillies to go 4 years and 100 mill with a player option for a 5th at 25 mill with a 10 mill buy out.... That is an overpay but we are so far gone I say **** it and am done giving a crap.....That being said if we went 7-170 I would cry and I am not kidding.

Worst contract ever

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone091 View Post
    Im not saying Josh Hamilton is the second coming, but IMO he would have a bigger impact for the O's than Josh Johnson and the rest of the Marlins are going to have for the Blue Jays. Although, I am excited to see what Jose Reyes is going to do in the AL. We know what Buehrle will do, he pretty consistant, and who knows what Morrow you will get? It is going to be another exciting year for the East, I feel like this could be the most balance the AL East has ever been.
    Is this a joke?

We won 93 this year, that's all that needs to be said. Until they do worse, saying "they'll be lucky to get 90" is laughable. There is no way to show they will get worse next year with the way our rotation pitched in the 2nd half and 2 of our top prospects being close to ready as well as possibly adding a few solid pieces this offseason.
    Honestly, all I see in your posts in denial. Its a "lalalala I can't hear you lalalala" approach. How in the world are you ignoring how incredibly fortunate the team was last season. You won the lottery once, if you expect that to happen again, you're delusional.

vCash
    This thread reaks of "what if's". The fact is, we won 93 games last year. Doesn't matter how we did it, we did it. To down us for taking advantage and playing really well in close games is ridiculous.
    No one is criticizing you, or your teammates on the Orioles, for winning 93 games last year. The discussion has been what the 2013 version of the Orioles will do relative to the 2013 versions of the other AL East teams.

vCash
    Quick question to everyone jumping on the Jays bandwagon and so quick to bash the Os.....

I thought Jose Reyes, Josh Johnson & Mark Buehrle were supposed to make the Marlins the favorite in a weaker league? So if they couldnt do that, along with Sanchez, Bell, Stanton, Bonifacio, Ramirez.....whyyyyy are they all the sudden primed to do it this year?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast