Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone091 View Post
    I think the pitching is going to get better, especially if Chen, Britton, Tillman and Matusz continue to progress. Then Bundy and Gausman to round out the rotation, it could be very interesting, I hope they prove everybody wrong about being a fluke.

Also, I think Reynolds will be gone and they trade for a 1B like Eric Hosmer or something from KC. KC wants young arms and the O's have a few to throw there way.
    Exactly what arms do the O's have to throw away that KC would want for Hosmer? They're certainly not going to take some combination of Matsuz/Britton/Arrieta/Tillman. They're going to want an established young pitcher, not pitchers who were once highly touted and have been terrible.

vCash
    Cocky O's fan. That's a new one.

vCash
    Lol at the O's fan bringing up one pitcher from every other team and then comparing him to baltimores entire staff.

Baltimore needs to be good again before anyone believes in them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    Not Cocky!!! Just trying to stir the pot a little bit to bring some attention to them.

They had a remarkable year last year, I just hope they can do it again in 2013. They do need to get better though as most teams in the AL east get better in the offseason.

Let us have our little slice of the spot light for once, its been about 15 years since they were last above .500, this site wasnt even probably created yet!!!
    The Truth Hurts.

vCash
    Not Cocky!!! Just trying to stir the pot a little bit to bring some attention to them.

They had a remarkable year last year, I just hope they can do it again in 2013. They do need to get better though as most teams in the AL east get better in the offseason.

Let us have our little slice of the spot light for once, its been about 15 years since they were last above .500, this site wasnt even probably created yet!!!
    I agree! im a Jays fan so I rarely have anything to celebrate about but if youre going to compare teams you need to look at every player on both teams. JJ/Morrow/Romero/Buerhle could all win 15 games for the Jays if healthy. I dont think the O's could say that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombtista View Post
    Lol at the O's fan bringing up one pitcher from every other team and then comparing him to baltimores entire staff.

Baltimore needs to be good again before anyone believes in them.
    I think what Toronto pulled off with the Marlins was amazing. But, the only player in the deal that has ever proved anything in the AL is Buerhle. It can be a tough transition from the NL to AL. My point being, Toronto has more to prove than the O's do this year now with everybody penciling them in to be one of the best teams in the league.
    The Truth Hurts.

vCash
    The O's really are an enigma. It's the kind of team I could see putting up 90 wins again or completely imploding and winning 72 or 73. I just can't imagine the bullpen putting up another season like that and the rotation is nothing but questions marks 1 through 5.

vCash
    Outside of the Rays, and that is if they dont trade "Big Game James", nobody's pitching is going to be that strong. CC is a work horse but how much longer can he keep it up without Tommy John. Bostons pitching does not scare anyone, outside of maybe Lester when he feels like playing. Toronto is not going to win that many more games with Josh Johnson, he will be lucky to start 20 games with his arm troubles. So, if the O's get another quality year from Hammel, Chen, Gonzalez and if Tillman progresses even more, they could have a decent staff. Then they will have Bundy and Gausman fighting for a spot soon after the season starts. I dont think anybody would say they have great pitching but I think it can finally compete in the East and possible win the East in 2013.
    I'm sorry but no.

CC, Pettite and Kuduro is a better 1-3 than the Os have.

Both Lestor an Buch should be pitching back to their career norms.

Toronto potentially has the 2nd best pitching staff in the AL East with their 1-4 rotation right now.

Tampa Bay has the best pitching.

Also, the Orioles JUST had thier first season over .500 in how long. Before this season, they we're trying to get to the Blue Jays level, forget about the AL East.
    While possible certainly, I highly doubt the Orioles are going to place higher than 3rd next year, barring the Jays flop next year.

vCash
    I don't have much optimism that the O's will be a .500 team again for awhile.

They need to learn how to pitch. Offensively they are fine, but they have got to focus on pitching.

(long old school story)

But my sisters college boyfriend, Matt Haas, is a Crosschecker (now, National CrossChecker for them) for the O's, and he told me last Christmas that the focus is on pitching right now. So you have to think that's a good sign one day.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 11-29-2012 at 02:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    We had 93 wins last year, I think we deserve to be after how many years we've had to put up with crap.

vCash
    Best rotation will belong to Tampa. Boston has a chance to have a good rotation if a few players play to their norms, Toronto also has a shot if they stay injury-free. New York has a decent rotation but I wonder when Pettite and Kuroda will break down (both are 40+ or close to it).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    I'm sorry but no.

CC, Pettite and Kuduro is a better 1-3 than the Os have.

Both Lestor an Buch should be pitching back to their career norms.

Toronto potentially has the 2nd best pitching staff in the AL East with their 1-4 rotation right now.

Tampa Bay has the best pitching.

Also, the Orioles JUST had thier first season over .500 in how long. Before this season, they we're trying to get to the Blue Jays level, forget about the AL East.
    While possible certainly, I highly doubt the Orioles are going to place higher than 3rd next year, barring the Jays flop next year.
    You base all the hate on the Orioles rotation how? Our rotation was very solid in the 2nd half and that was without Hammel who was incredible in the 1st half. On top of that, we have both Bundy and Gausman who should be up not to long after the season starts from what I heard.

The fact of the matter is, we had 93 wins this year, we had our ace out the entire 2nd half essentially as well as our best hitter in Markakis for the final stretch. This team has a lot of talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    You base all the hate on the Orioles rotation how? Our rotation was very solid in the 2nd half and that was without Hammel who was incredible in the 1st half. On top of that, we have both Bundy and Gausman who should be up not to long after the season starts from what I heard.

The fact of the matter is, we had 93 wins this year, we had our ace out the entire 2nd half essentially as well as our best hitter in Markakis for the final stretch. This team has a lot of talent.
    And you went 29-9 in one run games and 54-23 in games decided by 2 runs or less

That is 100% unsustainable and not repeatable.

In fact, it's the best in baseball history (4th best 2 run record, best since 1954)

Every team that has ever had a .700 winning percentage in 1 or 2 run games or better, has followed that season with 10 additional loses the next year (usually a lot more, but a few teams were still good the following year because they were already such great teams).

EVERY team.

The O's can't pitch. Their bullpen carried them most of the year, and that's a very difficult thing to rely on and hope they can do it again. It's very unlikely.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 11-29-2012 at 03:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    And you went 29-9 in one run games and 54-23 in games decided by 2 runs or less

That is 100% unsustainable and not repeatable.

In fact, it's the best in baseball history (4th best 2 run record, best since 1954)

Every team that has ever had a .700 winning percentage in 1 or 2 run games or better, has followed that season with 10 additional loses the next year (usually a lot more, but a few teams were still good the following year because they were already such great teams).

EVERY team.

The O's can't pitch. Their bullpen carried them most of the year, and that's a very difficult thing to rely on and hope they can do it again. It's very unlikely.
    This. All of this. That can't of close game record just doesn't happen, let alone happen on a year to year basis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post

The Raptors in 2006 managed to win the Atlantic Division. What does this have to do with the Orioles? After that year the Raptors never got close to that again.

In order for the Orioles to repeat what they did last year they need either the Jays, Rays or Yankees to stumble.

Last year the Orioles we're benefitted by both the Jays and Sox colapse. Their record against both teams we're extremly good.

The Jays last year had HORRIBLE pitching. I wouldn't put a bet on the Jays pitching that horrid again. The Jays offence before the injuries really hit was top 5. The offence just got better.

The Red Sox sure collapsed. However in their deal with LA they only lost 1 player of value that contributed.

Beckett could pitch with a low 3 era or an era around 5. Crawford barely played. Also, I can easily see both Lestor and Buch having bounce back seasons. I honestly think the Sox can be an over .500 team next year.

The Yanks are the Yanks and until they prove otherwise, are the team to beat. The Rays have that stellar proven pitching.

Imo, while certainly not impossible, more has to go right for the Orioles to contend than any other team.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast