Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Josh Hamilton Offer from the Orioles

Can anyone confirm a report that the Orioles have offered Josh Hamilton a 5 year/115 Million deal? Just read a post on another site that said it came from Fox or CBS but I cant find anything to back it up. The post states he is using it as a baseline for other teams and has promised the O's a final crack at the end because he likes Baltimore and what they are doing?
    The Truth Hurts.

vCash
    I don't know of anything

vCash
    I heard a report a few days ago saying the Orioles were the most hard after him. Haven't read anything about what you just said yet. Wouldn't surprise me if we make a big run at him though, fans are back into Orioles baseball and we're a contender.

vCash
    Heard the blue jays offered him a six pack of labatt blue

vCash
    I think if the O's would pull something off and sign him, they would be the best team in the East. That lineup would be brutal, with Jones in front of him and Davis behind him, or some combination of the bunch. I think Josh knows what hes getting into in Baltimore, they have a stable of young arms and a good lineup with some chemisrty now.
    The Truth Hurts.

vCash
    If Josh Hamilton wants to play there, let him.....I know in the past, several players went to Baltimore and got disappointed by their inability to win (ie. Miguel Tejada).

I dont know if these rumours are true...but it wouldnt surprise me if the Orioles are pursuing Josh Hamilton. Many players will play for a contending team, they want to be in the playoffs, and fluke or not, Baltimore went to the postseason in 2012.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone091 View Post
    I think if the O's would pull something off and sign him, they would be the best team in the East. That lineup would be brutal, with Jones in front of him and Davis behind him, or some combination of the bunch. I think Josh knows what hes getting into in Baltimore, they have a stable of young arms and a good lineup with some chemisrty now.
    Their lineup would be pretty strong but it would still be hard to see them as the best team in the AL East. Their rotation (at least on paper) could very likely be the worst in the division in 2013, if the Red Sox starters were just having a down year last year.

vCash
    if they can get him for just 5 years thats great for them
    Sens Raps Jays

vCash
    Adding Josh would NOT make them the best in AL east cuz their pitching is still going to be excusable at best.
    Last edited by NYY09; 11-29-2012 at 12:54 PM.

vCash
    Oof. No.

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    Outside of the Rays, and that is if they dont trade "Big Game James", nobody's pitching is going to be that strong. CC is a work horse but how much longer can he keep it up without Tommy John. Bostons pitching does not scare anyone, outside of maybe Lester when he feels like playing. Toronto is not going to win that many more games with Josh Johnson, he will be lucky to start 20 games with his arm troubles. So, if the O's get another quality year from Hammel, Chen, Gonzalez and if Tillman progresses even more, they could have a decent staff. Then they will have Bundy and Gausman fighting for a spot soon after the season starts. I dont think anybody would say they have great pitching but I think it can finally compete in the East and possible win the East in 2013.
    The Truth Hurts.

vCash
    A lot of "if's"... And the bullpen?

vCash
    If Hamilton goes to Baltimore, i predict him being like Sammy Sosa in his days in Baltimore.

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    If Hamilton goes to Baltimore, i predict him being like Sammy Sosa in his days in Baltimore.
    Based on?
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Outside of the Rays, and that is if they dont trade "Big Game James", nobody's pitching is going to be that strong. CC is a work horse but how much longer can he keep it up without Tommy John. Bostons pitching does not scare anyone, outside of maybe Lester when he feels like playing. Toronto is not going to win that many more games with Josh Johnson, he will be lucky to start 20 games with his arm troubles. So, if the O's get another quality year from Hammel, Chen, Gonzalez and if Tillman progresses even more, they could have a decent staff. Then they will have Bundy and Gausman fighting for a spot soon after the season starts. I dont think anybody would say they have great pitching but I think it can finally compete in the East and possible win the East in 2013.
    You conveniently forgot to mention Hiroki Kuroda and Andy Pettitte.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast