Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Coachs move, trying to light a fire for J. Green. Nothing big here I see, J. Green has got to show passion/ desire, period.

I would be shocked, shocked if J. Green gets traded this year. It would have to be a great deal for Celtics/ youth.

Listen, Danny looked at how East/ NBA was shaping/ direction of league. He/ Danny made adjustments. You need tall/ long/ speed/ ability at #3/ #4 spot today NBA.

J. Green has the ability, now does he have the desire to be really good/ great? I think the Celtics will find out.

I don't see him being moved, also PP isn't looking good at all, nor has he for years now, but his replacement is J. Green, for the future.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Feeling like I am beating my head against the wall.... aside from recovering from heart surgery it behooves us to remember Green was a starter in OKC and is now coming off the bench n Boston. If you want to see the production he had in OKC, start him. It's that simple.
    100% agree

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    BRADLEY / BAYLESS / JOHNSON
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS
    BASS / HUMPHRIES / FAVERANI
    SULLINGER / OLYNYK / ANTHONY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    Coachs move, trying to light a fire for J. Green. Nothing big here I see, J. Green has got to show passion/ desire, period.

I would be shocked, shocked if J. Green gets traded this year. It would have to be a great deal for Celtics/ youth.

Listen, Danny looked at how East/ NBA was shaping/ direction of league. He/ Danny made adjustments. You need tall/ long/ speed/ ability at #3/ #4 spot today NBA.

J. Green has the ability, now does he have the desire to be really good/ great? I think the Celtics will find out.

I don't see him being moved, also PP isn't looking good at all, nor has he for years now, but his replacement is J. Green, for the future.
    20 points a game, 6 boards a game and 3 assists. What do you want out of this guy at this point? His shooting percentage is very low. I get that. But at a certain point we have to acknowledge that this whole team is still searching for chemistry and it still looks a little discombobulated out there. He has taken a lot of bad shots and committed a lot of stupid fouls that have taken him out of games early and it has effected his rhythm. He's trying to take the team on his back right now and he can't do it anymore. He shouldn't be put in this position by the coaching staff.

It pains me to say this, but Rondo still doesn't have the locker room. He tries to be a leader, but only on the court. Paul and Kevin still lead the locker room. When Rajon FINALLY imposes his will and takes control this team will finally gel. He needs to knock off all of his outside stuff and give up his "brand" during the season. It pains me to say this, and I puke in my mouth as I do, but Russel Westbrook for Rajon Rondo would be a trade that works for both teams. Rondo may not be the alpha dog I once thought he was. KD and Westbrook are both alpha dogs. RR may be happy just dishing to Durant his whole career like John Stockton and letting KD speak at the press conference every night and hang back with his headphones on.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c47xleb

PG Westbrook / Terry
    SG Bradley / Lee / Barbosa
    SF Green / Pierce / Joseph
    PF Sullinger / Bass / Kenyon Martin?
    C Garnett / Wilcox / Collins

Would that team be a winner? Who knows, but it might be fun to find out..

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish Post View Post
    20 points a game, 6 boards a game and 3 assists. What do you want out of this guy at this point? His shooting percentage is very low. I get that. But at a certain point we have to acknowledge that this whole team is still searching for chemistry and it still looks a little discombobulated out there. He has taken a lot of bad shots and committed a lot of stupid fouls that have taken him out of games early and it has effected his rhythm. He's trying to take the team on his back right now and he can't do it anymore. He shouldn't be put in this position by the coaching staff.

It pains me to say this, but Rondo still doesn't have the locker room. He tries to be a leader, but only on the court. Paul and Kevin still lead the locker room. When Rajon FINALLY imposes his will and takes control this team will finally gel. He needs to knock off all of his outside stuff and give up his "brand" during the season. It pains me to say this, and I puke in my mouth as I do, but Russel Westbrook for Rajon Rondo would be a trade that works for both teams. Rondo may not be the alpha dog I once thought he was. KD and Westbrook are both alpha dogs. RR may be happy just dishing to Durant his whole career like John Stockton and letting KD speak at the press conference every night and hang back with his headphones on.

PG Westbrook / Terry

Yeah. Westbrook has his issues, but for a team that's going to have major problems scoring in the near/mid future, he does fit here better. Rondo being a more natural PG by mindset would be a terrific fit for OKC.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish Post View Post

PG Westbrook / Terry

I get what you are saying about Rondo and largely agree. Is he capable or even willing to assert himself with the presence of KG and Pierce? It's a daunting task, but one DA, Doc, KG and Pierce seemingly feel Rondo is capable of. I don't know.

Westbrook is probably the one pg I would be willing to trade Rondo for pretty much straight up.... just work out the financials. And it has to do as much about game as it does about leadership.
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 11-30-2012 at 03:51 PM.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    I get what you are saying about Rondo and largely agree. Is he capable or evenwilling to assert himself with he presence of KG and Pierce? It's a daunting task, but one DA, Doc, KG and Pierce seemingly feel Rondo is capable of. I don't know.

Westbrook is probably the one pg I would be willing to trade Rondo for pretty much straight up.... just work out the financials. And it has o do as much about game as it does about leadership.
    If you click the link I posted, by including Fab Melo with Rondo, the money does work because Westbrook only makes a couple more million than Rajon.

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12