Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Doc disappointed in Jeff Green

Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers said Thursday morning he has been disappointed with the performance of guard Jeff Green so far this season, indicating its up to both the team and player to figure out how to get him on track.

Green, who missed all of last season after heart surgery, has started the 2012 campaign off slowly. Hes averaging 7.7 points per game, but scored a total of three in his last two games combined on 1 of 12 shooting.

I know hes better and I know he can be better, Rivers said Thursday morning in an interview on Boston sports radio station WEEI. Its gotta be some of what were doing and then some of what hes doing. I have to figure out whatever were not doing as a staff and team right, we gotta fix that and then whatever Jeffs not doing hes got to fix that.
    Green Link

Maybe he'll be trade fodder soon?

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Could be. Depends on the return I suppose.

6/27/09: We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader, Ainge said. There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I dont know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and its just unacceptable.

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    Green Link

Maybe he'll be trade fodder soon?

His stock is soooo low right now and Danny doesnt like to trade stock when its low. I think it might take an injury to Bass, KG or Pierce for Green to both get more playing time and then he would step up. Doc has basically called him out here and rightfully so. Besides 1 impressive dunk on Al Jefferson he has been a HUGE disappointment this year.

I still think Green turns it around and possibly gets a spot in the starting rotation when he does but I dont see him getting traded right now as he is due 9 million a year for 3 more years after this.
    El Presidente

vCash
    So am I

vCash
    He can't be traded

vCash
    A player's stock doesn't drop that dramtically low when he doesn't fit in with a team. Other teams would have interest in Jeff, especially those with a player who has outlasted their welcome and may also have a high contract like Green.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Wouldn't be surprised if Doc starts Green sooner than later... Nothing to lose at this point... Doc's been using him mostly at the 4 anyway when they go small... If that's what he needs to get into the flow like it did with Bradley than so be it... Maybe that's the shake-up this team needs...

It shouldn't hurt because Bass has no difference in pts and rebounds when it comes to him starting or coming off the bench...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Wut about green, Wilcox, barbosa for pau?

vCash
    Right - trade 3 guys for another soft guy?

Besides - salaries won't work. Those 3 guys make less than $11 a year. Gasol makes $19M!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    Wut about green, Wilcox, barbosa for pau?
    im sure the Lakers would love that trade.
    El Presidente

vCash
    I for one think its a little missed up, trading a guy after heart surgery.
    Last edited by BSF101; 11-30-2012 at 08:28 PM.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

vCash
    Food for thought- in my MyCareer mode in NBA2k13 the C's traded Jeff Green to the Mavs for Shawn Marion and a 2nd round pick in the 2014 draft.

I'm not saying I'd do it, because of Marion's age, but it is interesting to think about because they have very similar salaries. Marion would become the team's starting PF and improve their rebounding immediately...

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    BRADLEY / BAYLESS / JOHNSON
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS
    BASS / HUMPHRIES / FAVERANI
    SULLINGER / OLYNYK / ANTHONY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I for one thing its a little missed up, trading a guy after heart surgery.
    Doc, Danny and Jeff all say the same thing. Jeff is back at 100% physically. His conditioning is fine. His passion, effort and dedication to team defense are what is being questioned. A trade may help everyone involved if Jeff lands in the right situation. He doesn't want to play the victim here. You shouldn't paint him as one.

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    BRADLEY / BAYLESS / JOHNSON
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS
    BASS / HUMPHRIES / FAVERANI
    SULLINGER / OLYNYK / ANTHONY

vCash
    Feeling like I am beating my head against the wall.... aside from recovering from heart surgery it behooves us to remember Green was a starter in OKC and is now coming off the bench n Boston. If you want to see the production he had in OKC, start him. It's that simple.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if Doc starts Green sooner than later... Nothing to lose at this point... Doc's been using him mostly at the 4 anyway when they go small... If that's what he needs to get into the flow like it did with Bradley than so be it... Maybe that's the shake-up this team needs...

It shouldn't hurt because Bass has no difference in pts and rebounds when it comes to him starting or coming off the bench...
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Feeling like I am beating my head against the wall.... aside from recovering from heart surgery it behooves us to remember Green was a starter in OKC and is now coming off the bench n Boston. If you want to see the production he had in OKC, start him. It's that simple.

... What's there to lose...??? It worked when Bradley was inserted into the starting rotation...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast