Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cubs TV Deal

vCash

Cubs TV Deal

After seeing the huge TV deal the Dodgers made I would have to wonder what the Cubs are going get when there deals expire. I know the Cubs have a deal with WGN and they own part of Comcast. When do these deals expire so that we can really get some crazy revenue coming through? What do you think the deal will look like? I have to assume we will pass the Dodger deal in terms of dollars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan23 View Post
    When do these deals expire so that we can really get some crazy revenue coming through?
    Here you go, via FanGraphs. The Cubs related information is in the third chart down under "The Hybrid Comcast SportsNet Deals."

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    CCNN... Remember that acronym...
    Ombudsman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    Chicago Cubs News Network? I suppose CCNN could also stand for $$$$.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    AHHHHH you can't just leave it at that.

And do you know anything further about where the renovations things stand since the last time you updated us in the summer?

vCash
    As great as this would be for team revenue, taking games off of the nationally broadcast WGN will really hurt the fanbase. Hell, the only reason I'm a Cubs is because I grew up watching Sandberg, Dawson and Grace every game on WGN.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hrubes20 View Post
    As great as this would be for team revenue, taking games off of the nationally broadcast WGN will really hurt the fanbase. Hell, the only reason I'm a Cubs is because I grew up watching Sandberg, Dawson and Grace every game on WGN.
    I agree wholeheartedly. I'm a Cubs fan from Arkansas (cardinal country) only because of day games on WGN. However, the money will be amazing so hopefully they can figure out a way to maintain vast fan base while maintaining high revenue.

vCash
    You know what else adds to a fanbase? Winning.

I'm willing to try that option for a while.

vCash
    That would really be misfortunate if they took the Cubs off of WGN, as moving from Chicago out to the west coast at an early age, I was really able to follow baseball and the Cubs through WGN as a tot.

But, money talks.

vCash
    If I would not watch the baseball package on Direct TV if the Cubs were not on it.

vCash
    what?
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Don't know how the Cubs having their own network would work. I can only watch classic Cubs games in the off season so many times. Even the YES network has Nets games in the winter. So, if the Hawks or Bulls joined up with it as well, then I could see it working.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    Here you go, via FanGraphs. The Cubs related information is in the third chart down under "The Hybrid Comcast SportsNet Deals."
    Thanks for the Link.

What a sweet heart deal WGN is getting and the same with Comcast Chicago. The WGN deal expires in 2014 but Comcast is not till 2019!

Can we sell our 20% to the rest of the Hybrids and be out of the Comcast deal?

I want our own Network. CCNN sounds great to me! I think we will be able to take our own network and allow people to pay a fee to have the channel. So if you have to pay 10 bucks a month to have Cubs games I think it will be well worth it if your out of state.

vCash
    i don't care what they do if it gives us big 100+million in revenue every year... I mean if the Dodgers get 260mill every year the Cubs should get 150+... maybe even touch 200mill...

vCash
    I'm also confused about how we go about getting a new deal in 2014 when we still have a deal with comcast, how much would it cost to buy out of that contract and be able to start the Cubs network?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast