Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    i blame our Oline and scheme more than i blame our RBs.
    the packers have so much talent...

vCash
    I was thinking it was our oline, but Benson and Starks have shown theres holes, but the Benson went down and Mike doesnt like Starks practice habits... If we dont draft one, Ted will need to go out and spend some money to get one.

vCash
    I will say though Starks has looked pretty solid these last few weeks. He runs very hard and doesn't go down too easily. I still think he can be upgraded, but he's a nice rotational guy if he can continue to run like this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    i blame our Oline and scheme more than i blame our RBs.
    Offensive line is a huge part of it. RBs ran well today picking their way through the line. This has to be Saturdays last year. He is not looking good at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    Offensive line is a huge part of it. RBs ran well today picking their way through the line. This has to be Saturdays last year. He is not looking good at all.
    i was so against the Saturday signing. it was wasted money in my opinion. yeah, Scott Wells got hurt this year but there is no way to know if he had been resigned by GB like he should have been he would have gotten hurt here. this one was a bumble job that is hurting Rodgers the most.

vCash
    From what i have seen we haven't been getting beat to badly up the middle. It mostly seems like its coming from the outsides but i could be wrong.
    If i am on your block list then don't view my posts!!!!!!!

vCash
    the Saturday signing is also seemingly going to force GB to draft a center next year in addition to at least 1 tackle if not another guard or tackle for depth.

vCash
    I'm going to continue to sound like a broken record, but do you really think we're going to find an immediately ready to play LT picking at 25 or something? I don't. And if we aren't getting a guy who's going to play immediately, then why not give Sherrod a chance before we replace him? And Barclay looked okay today at right tackle, certainly he was solid enough for me to be confident in him being the primary backup at RT if Bulaga is fine. And Newhouse is more than capable of being a solid backup LT. So I don't really think we need a tackle.

Lang and Sitton are more than capable starters at guard too. Our depth there isn't great (especially if we want EDS to primarily be a center), so we could probably use a backup guard, but I don't think we need to spend anything earlier than a 4th on a backup guard.

So that pretty much leaves the staff to decide if EDS is the center next year. If he is, then we'll need a backup center/guard type of guy. If not, then we will probably need to draft a center early.

I guess ultimately I don't think we need to spend more than 2 picks at most at offensive line (if EDS isn't the center). And that's assuming we don't address the backup guard position with an unheralded FA signing (I'm thinking similar to the Brandon Chillar signing at LB, where he wasn't a big name signing but he was capable of playing when we needed him too.)

vCash
    I'm sorry but in my opinion EDS has played like trash since he has had to start and has not inspired me for next season if we want him at center.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    It will be interesting to see what the team does with the OL down the stretch. Barclay wasn't great by he gave a spark. I would be interested to see if they play their cards again and toss him at RT then put Lang back at LG if Barclay is the same as last week then Lang is at LG the OL is serviceable and this could be a dark horse to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    From what i have seen we haven't been getting beat to badly up the middle. It mostly seems like its coming from the outsides but i could be wrong.
    More than anything else it's forcing our inside guys to help each other instead of helping the outsides. In the run game were not getting the 2nd level. Something Wells was pretty good at doing.

vCash
    I still feel like we don't have that run game culture. It's like we always make it a low priority and I think that shows with our run blocking.

Basically I think we could have the same group of guys but another staff and be able to run block far better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    I agree and I've been saying that for awhile too. I know we didn't want to lose Tom Clements on the offensive side of the ball, but I really wanted to bring in an outside offensive coordinator who was an expert in the run game. I felt like promoting Clements didn't really add anything to the offense. It was almost as if it was just like putting more of the same at what we had. Since MM calls plays, it would have been nice to bring in a run game expert with a lot of offensive line background, as opposed to another passing guy like Clements.

vCash
    Rodgers wants Benson back next season

“I’m hopeful we can bring him back next year,” said Rodgers on his ESPN Milwaukee radio show on Tuesday. “He still has a lot left. I know he takes care of his body the right way.”
    http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...nclick_check=1

I'm sure a few of you guys have read that article, or heard Arodg say it on his radio show.
    But how do you guys feel about him? Would you mind bringing him back?

[Packers/Lakers Lover]

"If Rodgers were even just simply as good as Brady or Manning in the playoffs, his team would almost never win. Instead, what we've seen is a super hero act."
    -Peter Bukowski

vCash
    It makes sense f your going to risk it on a pick maybe Dyer or Lattimore. Also of they take a fringe talent he provides stability of the pick has a chance to flop.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast