Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Benson ran the ball really well when he was healthy, so I wont blame the oline. Also when Starks gets plus carries he can find holes, but Alex Green just goes with where the run is drew up to go, which will get you stopped everytime.. No patience he just follows his lead blocker to nowhere and misses all his cutbacks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtardz View Post
    I just don't think it's Thompson's MO to go after a rb in the 1st round but I definitely see us drafting one in the later rounds.
    how good has this worked for him? not too damn well. take a risk if it's worth it not just because you get caught up in the mindset i can get a guy later on. and for goodness sake draft a power RB!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    how good has this worked for him? not too damn well. take a risk if it's worth it not just because you get caught up in the mindset i can get a guy later on. and for goodness sake draft a power RB!
    Yeah but, like I have been saying there is no back at this point worth taking in the 1st round there just isn't anyone with first round talent at this point. Lets wait and see what happens with the last few games of the college football season and than the senior bowls, Combine, and Pro days. Maybe someone will jump out but, right now if the draft were to happen this weekend there is no one and I repeat no one I would feel comfortable taking in the first round.
    Eddie Lacy

Carries:284
    Yards: 1178
    Yards/Game: 78.5
    Average: 4.1
    Touchdowns: 11
    Catches: 35
    Yards: 257

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    While true it would be nice to have a good rb I'd rather try to improve our o-line so Rodgers doesn't get killed. We have no clue if Sherrod will ever suit up again or if he'll just be injury plagued so I'd rather try to go after that first. Teams who usually win SB's don't have premier backs, just a great O-line and great QB and a good defense. I believe we have most of the defensive guys in place and we got the QB we just need to improve the guys up front. I still think we can get a good rb in the 2-3 round.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwstriker299 View Post
    I would love to see the Packers draft Le'veon Bell from Michigan State (if we get the chance). Hes 245 pounds with good speed. He is a very patient runner too. He would be a really good fit for a team with a zone blocking scheme.
    I don't love Bell. I don't think he has the quickness. To be effective, you need to have the vision to find the hole, then the quickness to get there before it closes. I'm not sure Bell has the quickness to do that. I could be wrong on that though.

I just don't think it's Thompson's MO to go after a rb in the 1st round but I definitely see us drafting one in the later rounds. If we got one in the first I would love to get Giovani Bernard but he could easily be gone by the time we select unless Thompson moves up. Depends on where we end up drafting I guess.
    I don't know why people say this type of stuff about TT. And maybe he doesn't use a first rounder on RB, but I wouldn't be surprised if he spent a second rounder on one. We've spent early draft picks (2nd and 3rd rounders) in the recent past on RBs. And its not like TT doesn't change his strategy either. Before last year, everyone said TT never trades up and never drafts for need. Well, he traded up multiple times and he basically only drafted for need.

While true it would be nice to have a good rb I'd rather try to improve our o-line so Rodgers doesn't get killed. We have no clue if Sherrod will ever suit up again or if he'll just be injury plagued so I'd rather try to go after that first. Teams who usually win SB's don't have premier backs, just a great O-line and great QB and a good defense. I believe we have most of the defensive guys in place and we got the QB we just need to improve the guys up front. I still think we can get a good rb in the 2-3 round.
    How can you call Sherrod injury prone? In college, he was banged up to start the season his sophmore year in college, then I believe started every game from then to his senior year. And when he got hurt last year, its because his leg got killed. That would have happened to everyone.

Also, I hate how people are acting like its going to be easy to upgrade the offensive line. I don't want to sound like I'm just calling you out, because there's a ton of people who are saying it, but its not going to be easy. We'll most likely be picking in the 20s again. There usually aren't good, nfl ready LT sitting around at that point. Also, when you do draft OL in the first, especially in the late 20s, they usually have flaws. And where else will be upgrade? Yes we can probably upgrade at center, and there may be a decent center available when we pick, but other than that, what else will we do? We aren't going to find someone who'll take over either guard spot. We aren't going to find someone better than Bulaga (if he's healthy). And I've already said its unlikely that we'll find a NFL starter ready LT, so pretty much the only place we can upgrade is center.

vCash
    There are a lot of good RB's in the draft this year..Randle would be amazing.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Lacy please

Move to PBS please

#YOTTO BABY COME BACK!!!!!!! #YOTTO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Lacy please

Move to PBS please
    He was friggin tearing things up when I was watching the game
    Eddie Lacy

Carries:284
    Yards: 1178
    Yards/Game: 78.5
    Average: 4.1
    Touchdowns: 11
    Catches: 35
    Yards: 257

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Lacy please

Move to PBS please
    This would be a dream! Get Lacy and steal a couple running plays from the 49er play book.
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I don't love Bell. I don't think he has the quickness. To be effective, you need to have the vision to find the hole, then the quickness to get there before it closes. I'm not sure Bell has the quickness to do that. I could be wrong on that though.

I don't know why people say this type of stuff about TT. And maybe he doesn't use a first rounder on RB, but I wouldn't be surprised if he spent a second rounder on one. We've spent early draft picks (2nd and 3rd rounders) in the recent past on RBs. And its not like TT doesn't change his strategy either. Before last year, everyone said TT never trades up and never drafts for need. Well, he traded up multiple times and he basically only drafted for need.

How can you call Sherrod injury prone? In college, he was banged up to start the season his sophmore year in college, then I believe started every game from then to his senior year. And when he got hurt last year, its because his leg got killed. That would have happened to everyone.

Also, I hate how people are acting like its going to be easy to upgrade the offensive line. I don't want to sound like I'm just calling you out, because there's a ton of people who are saying it, but its not going to be easy. We'll most likely be picking in the 20s again. There usually aren't good, nfl ready LT sitting around at that point. Also, when you do draft OL in the first, especially in the late 20s, they usually have flaws. And where else will be upgrade? Yes we can probably upgrade at center, and there may be a decent center available when we pick, but other than that, what else will we do? We aren't going to find someone who'll take over either guard spot. We aren't going to find someone better than Bulaga (if he's healthy). And I've already said its unlikely that we'll find a NFL starter ready LT, so pretty much the only place we can upgrade is center.
    I understand what your saying and maybe what I wasn't clear on what I was saying. Yes it is possible Thompson goes after a RB in the first round. Most teams these days don't like burning 1st rounders on rbs unless it's one of those special players. I also said that I could see us going after a rb in the 2-3 round. I never said Sherrod is injury prone. I was implying that we don't know if he'll ever return back and have a career or if this is the start of injuries for him. We just don't know how good he'll be or if he will pan out. While yes we may draft in the 20's I'd still like to go after a O-lineman in the draft. If we can't get a LT maybe a Center. I never said Thompson would trade up because he has, I wouldn't see him trading up for a rb but for a LT I could easily see it being a possibility. And even if you don't get one in the 1st round while it becomes harder finding a starting LT in later rounds it can be done. Clifton was a 2nd rounder. All I'm saying is I don't have a clue what Thompson will do in this draft but I gotta think he's gonna try to improve this line. We've got quality starters when healthy with lack of depth.

vCash
    I do agree that we need depth, but I'm not sure I'd be spending a first, second or maybe even third round pick on a guy who's going to be depth on the OL. And to be honest, I know we don't know much about Sherrod, but if the coaching staff thinks he can start at LT next year and assuming Bulaga comes back without any lasting effects of the injury, Newhouse makes for a good backup swing tackle. Then we pretty much need a backup interior lineman.

vCash
    I agree, I really liked the Sherrod pick and I think he can be our starting left tackle so I'm hoping he does come back and have a productive career.

vCash
    People over hype the struggles of out HB's its not solely their fault. Lets be honest this OL is average at best when healthy. RT we have a keeper. Sitton's not as dominant as he could be, but is still one of the better guards. Lang is a serviceable starter. That's where it stops IMO. Saturday has not been bad, but has looked old and too slow for this offense. EDS should not be penciled in for center of the future. While he can earn that spot I don't think you can just go hey here ya go. The OL is preventing this offense from being as good as they can. Newhouse is a solid OL, but not a starter I like this guy if he is in a rotational role. He's an interior guy playing on the outside. If you watch the film the backs get solid yard with good hole, but get stuffed because the holes close too soon because of guys are over manned or out of spot. It is hurting the run game an the pass game.

First round they need to be zeroed in on a center of the future like Barrett Jones. Jones serves as an all purpose lineman. He plays inside and out. If Sherrod continues to linger you pop him outside. If not you have the center of the future. They need to look at some depth players.

The last time we had a good running game was when Clifton and Tauscher anchored the outside. I say no coincidence there. We have a great RT, but LT is like uhhh, hey he might just do well, aw damn it holding, hey wait he just did a good, aw damn it he's beat again. Like I said good back up, mediocre starter. Look at some versatile guys who can fill both inside and out. The OL is not doomed they just need some upgrades. They may have an anchor in Sherrod just the ****er hasn't played. Which is why they need a secondary option.

Now with this said don't ignore the RB spot. However, not a single RB I would give a 1st round grade. High second yes, 1st no. They I believe will look versatile not a guy who is a feature back. We have two good backs now. Green is a guy who can burn if he can find the hole. He's Alex Green not Ahman Green he can get through a pin hole they break away. Which is something he can work on, but common When Grant and Green were excelling they at least had a hole bigger than their helmet. Starks when healthy can be a strong back. He can find holes, bounce tackles, get to the edge and be a threat, but once again they are not helping these guys. Yes, they RB's can do better, but no its not a pure backfield only issue.

Montee Ball, Cierre Wood, and Kejon Barner in the later rounds are some versatile guys who could bring something new to the table, but finding a more featured type early on could be hard. None of those guys scream major upgrade. The guys who they can put in the backfield, but also motion to the slot if they want or vice versa. I would like to see a four prong group back there. Plugging in Cobb and Kuhn when needed. They should look at some like Giovanni Bernard as well. Maybe look at Dyer later on. Tremendous talent, poor character. I say they should look into a 4 RB system though.

Starks and Green are solid guys. I mean there is a ton of routes they can go. However, if they are willing to be patient. I think the best thing they can do is risk it with Michael Dyer and be patient with Marcus Lattimore. Green and Starks are good enough to stick around.

vCash
    Now if yall don't believe what I was just writing ^^^ just watch todays game. Starks and Green have the ability to do this. If they can get a three or four back system going they will be golden. The key is to keep these guys healthy. If they boost the OL or even can get healthy on the OL these RB's can perform.

vCash
    Backs both had over 50 yards and both had a 4.8 YPC.

Bums

#YOTTO BABY COME BACK!!!!!!! #YOTTO

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast