Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

The official cut stackhouse thread

They say if you build it they will come. Dude has a giant fork sticking out of his back. He is officially finished. Put this old man to pasture please.
    Last edited by waveycrockett; 12-12-2012 at 06:51 AM.

vCash
    don't need to cut him... just bench him
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    don't need to cut him... Just bench him
    +100000

vCash
    he shouldn't be getting playing time. simple.

vCash
    How is stack in the league and tmac not?? Mind boggling

vCash
    Remember when he hit those 3's against the Knicks in the corner?

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash

"The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainClutch View Post
    Exactly. He won us that game, plain and simple. Those clutch 3s came during a 4th quarter where the Nets offense was stalling yet again in crunch time. Obviously he shouldn't be cut and it's up to Avery to figure out how to get the most out of his assets. People were praising the **** out of Teletovic before the season. I myself bought into it and said that the keys to the Nets becoming an elite team in the East were:
    1- Brooklyn being a home court (which it has been)
    2- Starters, particularly Lopez not getting injured (you can cross that one out)
    3- The bench, particularly Brooks as a swingman and Teletovic as a shooting big man contributing every night on a regular basis (you can cross that one out too, Blatche has been the only scoring punch off the bench and with Lopez gone and these two guys not performing the bench is a non factor)
    4- Avery being able to deal with adversity (first he did but now were on a downslide)

Avery is in a tough spot. I never expected us to lose 5 in a row so soon after having had two 5 in a row win sequences. Avery is not a Scott Skiles type innovator who is able to field a team (despite injuries) who can remain competitive up until crunch time. Therefore the management has to do something. Either bring in a new coach, or, find a way to improve this roster to the point where it can remain a force even if Lopez is injured. I like Avery slightly more than Frank, he seems to have a good rapport with the players and despite not being an elite coach is still likeable. Also he has an NBA history. Frank unfortunately had to deal with a roster that never ever had an elite, or even 20ppg big man. Shareef Abdur Rahim was the biggest prospect. Yet Frank was at the helm of the amazing 42-40 win season in 2005 where the Nets started horribly and then with VC and Kidd (Jefferson out) was able to go to the playoffs. With only Devin Harris and VC we had respectable 34-48 losing seasons. And then the clapping began. This guy would clap, it became his trademark image as the Nets became a joke of a team.

As I said, management has to trade Hump or find a new coach. Or just wait till next year when Hump becomes tradeable. I think that will happen.
    Last edited by iceteawithlemon; 12-12-2012 at 02:42 PM.

vCash
    People need to chill with these reactionary threads. If Stackhouse was on last night, this thread wouldn't exist. He simply doesn't have to play as much, Avery should use MarShon more. My only problem with him is his defense, which is horrifying.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseysFinest View Post
    People need to chill with these reactionary threads. If Stackhouse was on last night, this thread wouldn't exist. He simply doesn't have to play as much, Avery should use MarShon more. My only problem with him is his defense, which is horrifying.
    Stackhouse's role was merely to come in and be a veteran presence to people like MarShon, Taylor and Teletovic. Now we're asking him to average 16 ppg? Guys, let's look at what we expected to get out of him and what we got out of him.

-Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    I don't know why he plays over bogans.... bogans can hit open jumpers and he plays better defense
    [

vCash
    The only problem is that because of those clutch 3s - he's taking minutes away from Bogans (better defender) and Marshon (Better scorer)
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*