Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Raiders Release McClain

The only reason I am posting this is because he is my second favorite player in the league behind Laron Landry. Unlike Curry and Babin, I would be in favor of us bringing him to Washington. He played at Bama so you know he knows how to win and what it takes, with the right environment and supporting cast I think he can return to his Bama days when he was just simply a force.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...olando-mcclain

vCash
    Hefty contract, piss poor attitude, off-field problems, and a pretty mediocre player. I can't see any upside.

vCash
    you have to throw the piss poor attitude out because he plays for the Raiders so obviously hes gonna hate everything and everyone in that franchise because its the same story every year, I happen to think he is an above average linebacker (not a great line backer or a solid line backer just simply above average), the contract and off the field issues are the only question marks with me but hey put him in a winning atmosphere like he was at Bama and you might see all those downsides disappear real fast

vCash
    If you play in the NFL for a living you have no excuse to have a bad attitude. I don't care what team you play for.

vCash
    I'd be in favor of bringing him in. Let him sit behind London and Perry for a couple games to get the defense down and let him learn from one of the best in Fletch. If he does not want to sit or learn then simply let him go like the raiders. He is only making 970,000 this year in base salary so this would be the time to evaluate if he fits here in the future. If you dont claim him I still think you have to inquire about him IF he clears waivers. Too talented at a position we will need in the future (london retiring)
    FLYERS
    REDSKINS
    REDS
    SUNS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LANER815 View Post
    I'd be in favor of bringing him in. Let him sit behind London and Perry for a couple games to get the defense down and let him learn from one of the best in Fletch. If he does not want to sit or learn then simply let him go like the raiders. He is only making 970,000 this year in base salary so this would be the time to evaluate if he fits here in the future. If you dont claim him I still think you have to inquire about him IF he clears waivers. Too talented at a position we will need in the future (london retiring)
    I agree, his salary is pretty steep next year and the year following but I'm sure after being cut he'll, or rather we'll put together a new contract that's more favorable. I honestly would like to see him here, we have depth issues and I think we run a style of defense that would suite him well. If we are going to make a run this year it could be a clutch signing. Then again, I thought Haynesworth would be a good signing.

vCash
    well, i think he's a hell of a LB. he had a pretty good Rookie year, and unlike Curry, he does not have a long injury history and actually has performed decently....but just like curry, he played on a terrible Raiders team...

when it comes to character, there's different kinds of character issues...
    the one thing that i never want on my team is someone Like T.O or santonio holmes that just dogs his team-mates...sometimes attitude is good.. Randy moss had attitude and all of his team-mates always have nothing but good things to say about him..

vCash
    If we could claim him i say we do it and try to sign him long term for cheaper than what he was sent to make as a 1st round draft pick. Have him learn under fletcher for another year or two and then he can step in.

My Mock v 1.1
    51st (Second Round) - Amerson CB/FS
    85th (third round) - Bacarri Rambo FS
    119th (fourth) - David Quessenberry, OT/OG
    154th (fifth) - Cornelius Washington, DE/ OLB
    162nd (fifth) - Ray Ray Armstrong, SS
    191st (sixth) - Nick Kasa, TE
    228th (seventh) - Rodney Smith, WR

vCash
    Supposidly we put in a claim for babin but didnt get it but for mclain id only get him as a back up

vCash
    why only as a back-up...dude's talent is through the roof... and he actually performed real well his rook year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyThirty View Post
    you have to throw the piss poor attitude out because he plays for the Raiders so obviously hes gonna hate everything and everyone in that franchise because its the same story every year, I happen to think he is an above average linebacker (not a great line backer or a solid line backer just simply above average), the contract and off the field issues are the only question marks with me but hey put him in a winning atmosphere like he was at Bama and you might see all those downsides disappear real fast
    Guys who can only stay motivated and play hard under the best circumstances aren't the kind of guys you want on your team. The real measure of a player, and for any person, really, is how they react in the face of adversity. Even good teams face adversity, and you don't want a guy who wilts under that pressure or just doesn't have the fortitude to push through it and rise to the occasion.

What makes great teams great isn't just talent. It's also team chemistry. In the salary cap era, every NFL team has enough talent to at least be competitive, but they don't all have the right mix of talent and chemistry. Having high character guys on a team has an amplified effect. In addition to what you get from their play on the field, their strong leadership and/or work ethic helps create an atmosphere that brings the best out of their teammates, and when you've got enough guys like that, there's a positive synergy there where the total is greater than the sum of its parts. But I think that's only true for guys that like to work hard. Seeing others working hard gives them extra motivation. If McClain doesn't have that in him, I don't think a change of scenery will change him.

Shanahan has done a great job of bringing in the right kind of players to help build positive synergy with the Redskins. And when your best players also happen to be your hardest workers and best leaders, then you really have something special. That's why RG3 is such a tremendous addition to the team. Obviously he brings an elite skill set to the table, but his leadership and work ethic help raise the level of everyone around him by making them want to work harder and believing that anything is possible. Players who can't fight through adversity don't benefit from that and are just a deflating presence on a team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinsFan4Life71 View Post
    Guys who can only stay motivated and play hard under the best circumstances aren't the kind of guys you want on your team. The real measure of a player, and for any person, really, is how they react in the face of adversity. Even good teams face adversity, and you don't want a guy who wilts under that pressure or just doesn't have the fortitude to push through it and rise to the occasion.

What makes great teams great isn't just talent. It's also team chemistry. In the salary cap era, every NFL team has enough talent to at least be competitive, but they don't all have the right mix of talent and chemistry. Having high character guys on a team has an amplified effect. In addition to what you get from their play on the field, their strong leadership and/or work ethic helps create an atmosphere that brings the best out of their teammates, and when you've got enough guys like that, there's a positive synergy there where the total is greater than the sum of its parts. But I think that's only true for guys that like to work hard. Seeing others working hard gives them extra motivation. If McClain doesn't have that in him, I don't think a change of scenery will change him.

Shanahan has done a great job of bringing in the right kind of players to help build positive synergy with the Redskins. And when your best players also happen to be your hardest workers and best leaders, then you really have something special. That's why RG3 is such a tremendous addition to the team. Obviously he brings an elite skill set to the table, but his leadership and work ethic help raise the level of everyone around him by making them want to work harder and believing that anything is possible. Players who can't fight through adversity don't benefit from that and are just a deflating presence on a team.
    I don't know how many people played sports in high school or college but losing sucks plain and simple, no matter who you are or whether you are getting paid to do it, losing just sucks. After playing for bama which was a dynasty and winning all the time, its hard to go from that to a losing team whether or not your getting paid. As a competitor it kills you inside. My junior year of high school we won states and then my senior year we had a very mediocre and average season cause we lost a lot of starters to graduation and I hated losing games so I can understand how it feels from going to winning all the time to losing all the time and its a really rough transition.

vCash
    He was not released,just suspended two games.he was one hell of a lb coming out of bama,but I Doubt the skins have the salary cap money to sign him next season. I'd love to see him in B&G,i just don't think it will happen anytime soon,if at all.